Wiki Posts
Search

Terminal 3 at PEK

Search this Thread

Old Dec 15, 2010, 6:46 am
Original Poster

Programs: SK*G
Terminal 3 at PEK

Just noticed that T3D still isn't in use. When will it? I remember disembarking at one of the gates during the olympics but we went straight down the stairs to the buses at that time.
Also, there is another train station inside T3E but I haven't been able to find any information about what it's intended for. Anyone who knows?
Old Dec 18, 2010, 1:02 am

Programs: CX SL, AB Gold, AF/KL FB Silver, HU/HX Silver, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by Jonas H
Also, there is another train station inside T3E but I haven't been able to find any information about what it's intended for. Anyone who knows?
Not sure which train you're talking about (airport train or train to downtown Beijing). The airport train has a stop at T3E (for arriving pax that cleared China Immigration) where it picks up pax to go to the main T3 arrival hall for baggage collection.
Old Dec 18, 2010, 11:10 pm

Programs: various
The Airport authority might have more of an incentive to get T3-D online if:

1) Air Traffic Control can get its act together, and stop being the bottleneck of PEK operations.

2) Enough airlines--including domestic Chinese carriers--don't mind paying the higher price for jetway parking rather than use cheaper remote stands w/bus gates.

I have no clue as to time frame.

I do not know what train you could be talking about for T3-E. There is only the intra-terminal light rail connector that goes from E to (unused)D to C/landside areas of T3. If you meant the main landside part of T3 (-C), yes, there is a separate light rail station area on the Arrivals Level--the Airport Express--that goes into town and connects to the city subway system.
Old Dec 20, 2010, 12:51 am
Original Poster

Programs: SK*G
There is actually another airport train station that you are able to see from "above" when in the departures area in T3E. It's in the open area right ahead when you have cleared security. The escalators going down are "closed due to service" according to the signs.
When arriving with the airport train to T3E you can also see another track continuing which likely goes to this station.
Old Dec 20, 2010, 8:43 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, AA, DL
Originally Posted by Jonas H
There is actually another airport train station that you are able to see from "above" when in the departures area in T3E. It's in the open area right ahead when you have cleared security. The escalators going down are "closed due to service" according to the signs.
When arriving with the airport train to T3E you can also see another track continuing which likely goes to this station.
Almost certain there's only one train. However, IIRC there may be multiple entrances/exits in order to accommodate the possibility of transit passengers between T3D and T3E.
Old Dec 20, 2010, 7:52 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by drewguy
Almost certain there's only one train. However, IIRC there may be multiple entrances/exits in order to accommodate the possibility of transit passengers between T3D and T3E.
Agreed; I think there are any hidden mysteries up there... parallel tracks, perhaps, but no secret trains.

http://www.travelchinaguide.com/imag...ernational.gif

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.