Wiki Posts
Search

Army Day in Beijing

Search this Thread

Old Jul 23, 2010, 8:05 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP/1MM
Army Day in Beijing

I understand that Beijing gets pretty busy on public holidays. Does anyone know if any of major tourist sites will still be open on Army Day (Aug 1)? Or, are there some special events like festivals that are going on at this time? Thanks in advance for any info.
Old Jul 23, 2010, 10:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by TimUT78
I understand that Beijing gets pretty busy on public holidays. Does anyone know if any of major tourist sites will still be open on Army Day (Aug 1)? Or, are there some special events like festivals that are going on at this time? Thanks in advance for any info.
Ha! I've got 24 hours in Beijing on my upcoming trip and, sure enough, I'm arriving on Aug. 1. So if something special is going on, I'd like to know about it, too.
Old Jul 23, 2010, 11:36 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by iahphx
Ha! I've got 24 hours in Beijing on my upcoming trip and, sure enough, I'm arriving on Aug. 1. So if something special is going on, I'd like to know about it, too.
Since I've spent many summers in BJ and have never heard of this particular holiday, I advise you to proceed with your plan.
Old Jul 23, 2010, 11:59 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP/1MM
According to my guidebook, Aug 1 is the Anniversary of the Founding of the People's Liberation Army. Hopefully, it's nothing major...wouldn't want to add more to the hot weather and crowds.
Old Jul 24, 2010, 8:47 am

Originally Posted by TimUT78
According to my guidebook, Aug 1 is the Anniversary of the Founding of the People's Liberation Army. Hopefully, it's nothing major...wouldn't want to add more to the hot weather and crowds.
Aug 1 is not a public holiday in China.
Old Jul 24, 2010, 11:05 am

Programs: various
Not a public holiday, nothing special going on for you to see/experience. Only the army...and those they keep in power...care.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.