Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Ord Terminal 1 To 2

Search this Thread

Old Jan 31, 2006, 10:33 am
Original Poster

Ord Terminal 1 To 2

Just curious if there is a way to change terminals (1 to 2) without reclearing security at ORD?

Connecting today around 4pm.

Thanks,
Chris
Old Jan 31, 2006, 10:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 2MM. DL Plat, AS MVP
No need to exit security. There is an airside corridor connecting all Terminals 1-3!
Old Jan 31, 2006, 10:41 am

Programs: Mileage Plus 2P, Marriott Silver, many others
Originally Posted by chrislacey
Just curious if there is a way to change terminals (1 to 2) without reclearing security at ORD?

Connecting today around 4pm.

Thanks,
Chris
Absolutely! There is a shuttle bus from the C concourse, and a walkable connection within the secure area from the B concourse (pretty cloudy here today, so the temperature in the all-glass walkway shouldn't be too bad; it's usually more overheated than the arrivals area at LHR). The shuttle bus leaves from somewhere in the area of C9 (I don't remember exactly where, but it's on the odd side on the low-numbered end), and the walkway is around B7.
Old Jan 31, 2006, 10:51 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, AA LTP 2MM
Originally Posted by dliesse
The shuttle bus leaves from somewhere in the area of C9 (I don't remember exactly where, but it's on the odd side on the low-numbered end)
Airside shuttle runs between gates C9 and E2B between approx. 6AM and 9PM.
Old Jan 31, 2006, 11:55 am
Original Poster

Thanks to everyone for the info! Boarding just started...will be in ORD in ~ 2+ hrs.

Thanks!
Chris
Old Jan 31, 2006, 12:14 pm
Original Poster

I take that back. Announcement at the gate:

"An FAA inspector has noticed that a landing gear light lens is cracked...the crack must be fixed before the flight takes off. We are looking at those reservations which are connecting."

...it will be interesting to see when we'll actually leave. I have a feeling we'll wind up on the 8:10 out of ORD to LNK. If anyone will be in ORD for a while around 6-8pm CT...let me know!

-Chris
Old Jul 14, 2006, 9:54 am

Programs: UA 1K MM, HH Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by UAL_Rulez
Airside shuttle runs between gates C9 and E2B between approx. 6AM and 9PM.
Usually I am at ORD around Noon or 5-8PM and I have never had to wait long for the T1-T2 shuttle bus. Yesterday I was at ORD at 9AM and there were long lines at the C9 stairs and when I arrived at E2 of people waiting for the shuttle bus. At C9 there were 2 employees at the top of the stairs letting people down 17 per bus, no standing ( for our saftey). I asked why the lines and the nice lady said " when is your flight?" I replied "45 minutes". She said" Oh, you can walk there."
Old Jul 14, 2006, 11:27 am

Programs: UA, AA
Originally Posted by u600213
Usually I am at ORD around Noon or 5-8PM and I have never had to wait long for the T1-T2 shuttle bus. Yesterday I was at ORD at 9AM and there were long lines at the C9 stairs and when I arrived at E2 of people waiting for the shuttle bus. At C9 there were 2 employees at the top of the stairs letting people down 17 per bus, no standing ( for our saftey). I asked why the lines and the nice lady said " when is your flight?" I replied "45 minutes". She said" Oh, you can walk there."
I always walk, even though flight attendants say service is "much better now". One question regarding the bus: did they ever make an elevator available or do you still have to go up/down stairs on both ends?
Old Jul 14, 2006, 12:17 pm
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
Moved to the Chicago forum for the sake of future searching and where it can join similar threads Thanks

cblaisd
Moderator, United
Old Jul 17, 2006, 9:54 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by ncc1701v
I always walk, even though flight attendants say service is "much better now". One question regarding the bus: did they ever make an elevator available or do you still have to go up/down stairs on both ends?
Still stairs afaik. I just hoof it out. The walk isn't that bad, and I get to see how construction in T2 is coming along. I figure what else am I going to do during the time other than go sit in the RCC and pull my laptop out.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.