Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Checkpoints and Borders Policy Debate
Reload this Page >

How to meet the Air Marshall and other cheap tricks!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

How to meet the Air Marshall and other cheap tricks!

Search this Thread

Old Aug 16, 2007, 10:24 am

Originally Posted by FWAAA
Nearly everyone can find the wings and the engines when they look at the airplane. Attempts to be more discreet won't enable the sky marshals to "blend in" given their propensity to sit in very identifiable locations on the airplane. Almost as easy as finding the lavatory or the galley. Or the wings or engines.
As I understand it, seating locations are one of the things that FAMs have been asking to change.

I know for larger teams it becomes more difficult to spot them in large part due to this very issue.
Old Aug 16, 2007, 10:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by law dawg
As I understand it, seating locations are one of the things that FAMs have been asking to change.

I know for larger teams it becomes more difficult to spot them in large part due to this very issue.
I'm not going into details, but I've seen FAMs on international flights as far back as row 40 on a UA 777.
Old Aug 16, 2007, 11:09 am

Originally Posted by LessO2
I'm not going into details, but I've seen FAMs on international flights as far back as row 40 on a UA 777.
And would you have known them except for preboarding? Really?
Old Aug 17, 2007, 2:39 pm

Programs: HH Silver, Eurostar CarteBlanche
UALfromMSN, The 2 'FAMs' you saw could have as easily been deadheading or off duty pilots saying hello to the cockpit. It is not at all uncommon for pilots that are travelling as passengers to pop into the cockpit before the door closes.
Old Aug 17, 2007, 2:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by law dawg

That's a good one! So there exists a sky marshal out there who is lobbying to sit in 37B instead of 3B on a regular basis? Seriously?

As we've discussed before, aisle seats in F (especially those in the second or third row) are simply not numerous enough to allow the marshals to successfully "blend in" most of the time.
Old Aug 17, 2007, 4:43 pm
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
Originally Posted by LessO2
and e- at that . yeesh, they must be pretty low on the fam seniority totem pole.
Old Aug 17, 2007, 9:15 pm

Originally Posted by FWAAA

That's a good one! So there exists a sky marshal out there who is lobbying to sit in 37B instead of 3B on a regular basis? Seriously?

As we've discussed before, aisle seats in F (especially those in the second or third row) are simply not numerous enough to allow the marshals to successfully "blend in" most of the time.
No, but FAMs are wanting different seats. They fly a lot of coach (Southwest, Delta Connection, etc.) and half or more than half are in coach with a big team. They're not strangers to coach by any stretch. Many prefer it, actually. They hate first class snobs and the odds of them sitting next to a hot lady are much greater.

And for those in first, move the seats around. Some windows would be nice, for various tactical reasons.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.