Opinion: Lighter ban ignites worry

Search this Thread

Old Jun 11, 2005, 9:37 pm

Programs: TSA
a plane

Originally Posted by JS
OK

Why the pessimistic view of the future?

No, I am being completely serious. "When guns are outlawed, only outlaws will have guns". Also, if concealed carry results in shoot-outs in public places, why do we never hear of malls or grocery stores being riddled with bullets from vigilante gun-totin' country bumpkins?

The only time there are shoot-outs is when criminals go bananas, and that's when it's nice to be able to defend yourself and your fellow citizens. Why should a plane be any different?
A plane is different than a supermarket! There are lots of people in a relatively confined space. IF you miss the bad guy and hit an innocent.... Lawsuit city. The people that carry weapons on planes are subject to more scrutiny during the process than John Doe with a carry permit. Last but not least, the cockpit door might be hardened but the bulkheads are not.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.