Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Checkpoints and Borders Policy Debate
Reload this Page >

The smallest US or Canadian border checkpoint you've ever used.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The smallest US or Canadian border checkpoint you've ever used.

Search this Thread

Old Jun 8, 2022, 2:37 pm

Programs: EY
Originally Posted by guv1976
I cannot answer your question, but there is one border crossing between Canada and the U.S. that is now one-way:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chur...order_Crossing

What a waste of money. They spent $6.8 million on a new plaza on the US side in 2012, a year after Canada closed and demolished their plaza.
Old Jun 15, 2022, 4:11 am

They're not quite the lowest-volume border crossing points, but this being Flyertalk, I'll give a shout to LKE (Lake Union) in Seattle and YWH (Inner Harbour) in Victoria B.C, respectively, as being the smallest US and Canadian border control facilities I've passed through when traveling by air. Stepping off a DHC-2 Beaver on floats and then clearing passport control and customs in a one-room shack on the dock is a fun experience - though I can't say the charming surroundings and light workload made the agents appreciably friendlier or more welcoming than their counterparts at busier entry points.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.