?Why does DHS use FireEye

Old Sep 30, 2017, 1:44 am
Original Poster

?Why does DHS use FireEye

Just watched an episode of Vice that showed our DHS cyber security command center using FireEye. Why does our own government agency use FireEye for Cybersecurity? I would hope our own agencies had more advanced systems. Am I naive?
Old Sep 30, 2017, 7:29 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by Centurion
Just watched an episode of Vice that showed our DHS cyber security command center using FireEye. Why does our own government agency use FireEye for Cybersecurity? I would hope our own agencies had more advanced systems. Am I naive?
They are also government contractors, as the government can’t keep everything in-house, and customize solutions.
Old Sep 30, 2017, 11:58 am

Programs: (PM)AA SPG (Marriott), Hilton
Originally Posted by Centurion
Might be the only thing shown on camera, may not be the only thing in use.
Old Sep 30, 2017, 2:07 pm
Moderator: Avianca, Travel Photography, Travel Technology & USA

Programs: Emeritus VIP Fromins Deli Encino grandfathered successor program - UA MM & HH Diamond
This is a subject more apropos for the "Checkpoints & Border Security" forum. We'll automatically transfer posts to that board.
Old Sep 30, 2017, 2:25 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by reft
Might be the only thing shown on camera, may not be the only thing in use.
It's not the only thing in use, and the company is in part responsible for that.
Old Oct 2, 2017, 10:10 am

Programs: UA Life Gold, Marriott Life Titanium
The government - including the military - primarily uses commercial products and has been for decades. Only in the movies and TV do they have custom stuff that can detect everything and hack anything.
Old Oct 2, 2017, 12:41 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by catocony
The government - including the military - primarily uses commercial products and has been for decades. Only in the movies and TV do they have custom stuff that can detect everything and hack anything.
Indeed. Even most of the top tech custom stuff is developed/provided by contractors.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.