Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Checkpoints and Borders Policy Debate
Reload this Page >

Security reports, experiences, and anecdotes

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 21, 2017, 9:37 am
Original Poster

Programs: AAdvantage, MileagePlus, SkyMiles

I'm creating this new megathread where moving forward, we can post our experiences and reports going through security, similar to trip reports on various airlines. This way, we can be more prepared as to what to expect, because it seems like lately, TSA has been ever-changing and inconsistent on policies and whatnot.

I'll start. You can follow this format, with your own modifications if you'd like. Be sure to indicate whether or not you went through PreCheck or the normal lanes, and the approximate date (can use month only, or date if you want).

DCA, August 2017:
Line was long, but moved relatively quickly. Non-Pre. Friendly TDC, didn't ask any questions. Left my tablet (iPad) in my backpack, but took my laptop out. No problems. Was past security in about 10 minutes (including the wait in line). No pat downs or any touching.

SMF, August 2017:
Lines were very short. Non-Pre. ID check, no questions from the TDC. Kept my tablet (iPad) in my backpack, but took my laptop out. Sailed through the body scanner and was past security in less than 7 minutes (including the wait in line). No pat downs or any touching.

MSP, August 2017:
Lines were a bit long, but moved fairly quickly. Non-Pre. ID check, no questions from the TDC as well. Kept my tablet (iPad) in my backpack, but took my laptop out. Forgot to remove the ziploc bag with liquids. Got through the body scanner, got a quick back shoulder "patdown", no issues with my things at all. Was past security after about 12 minutes (including the wait in line).

Moderators, if you feel this belongs in the other subforum (practical issues...), feel free to move this there. We can also create a Wiki summary too if you'd like.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.