Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Checkpoints and Borders Policy Debate
Reload this Page >

TSA find 20 pound Lobster in checked bags in Logan Terminal C

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

TSA find 20 pound Lobster in checked bags in Logan Terminal C

Search this Thread

Old Jun 28, 2017, 8:44 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA,RR,NW,Delta ,UA,CO
He'll break into the next bag that comes through with toiletries, find something to clean his hands with, and then wipe them off on someone's underwear before throwing the opened bottle back into the bag.

Those TSOs are such a riot.
Old Jun 28, 2017, 8:51 am

And the TSO wrestled the Drawn Butter to the ground...
Old Jun 28, 2017, 9:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ysolde
So this TSA agent is futzing around with seaweed and a lobster, all with bare hands, then moving on to someone else's (possibly my) suitcase, touching my clothes (possibly my underthings, although they are packed in packing cubes), all with bare hands? Does he wash his hands carefully and thoroughly between these tasks? Or does he expose people to potentially lethal allergens, because . . . well, anything to keep the flying public safe from lobsters, I suppose?
You need to ask? Really?
Old Jun 28, 2017, 9:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAdvantage Executive Platinum, Delta Silver Medallion, Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador
Originally Posted by chollie
He'll break into the next bag that comes through with toiletries, find something to clean his hands with, and then wipe them off on someone's underwear before throwing the opened bottle back into the bag.

Originally Posted by JoeBas
And the TSO wrestled the Drawn Butter to the ground...
Originally Posted by Boggie Dog
You need to ask? Really?
I feel so much "safer" now. Don't you all?
Old Jun 28, 2017, 9:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by ysolde
I have a severe shellfish allergy. I don't like the idea of this agent grabbing at the lobster and then potentially going through my clothes without washing his hands first. In all likelihood, nothing would happen to me. But . . .
This is the first thing that came to mind too as my Mom has a severe shellfish allergy.

The TSA agent deserves to be reprimanded for this (though undoubtedly they weren't).
Old Jun 28, 2017, 9:21 am

Originally Posted by chollie

I'm certain you've read the numerous complaints about clothing and other property being damaged, sometimes beyond salvation, because screener's don't properly reclose containers of liquids in checked luggage.

Are they doing it on purpose? I am coming to that belief.
Old Jun 28, 2017, 3:26 pm

Programs: AA, Priority Club
Lobster ruckus

Probably deserves it's own thread:

http://wtnh.com/2017/06/27/owner-of-...bster-picture/
Old Jun 28, 2017, 3:54 pm
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Moderator's Action

Originally Posted by SparkyRadar
Which is where your post has been relocated.

Cheers,

TWA884
Travel Safety/Security co-moderator
Old Jun 28, 2017, 5:33 pm

Programs: Southwest Rapid Rewards. Tha... that's about it.
Originally Posted by SparkyRadar
“Really an abuse of privacy of rights,” Senator Richard Blumenthal, (D) Connecticut, told News 8. “An invasion of privacy that is inexcusable and I’m going to be asking the TSA for answers as to why these TSA agents made a joke of it.”
Really, Senator? You're going to be asking TSA why a couple of their agents made a joke of their jobs?

It's perfectly obvious to me, and to everyone else here at FlyerTalk, that the reason they made a joke of the lobster is because they ARE jokes, who treat their entire job as a joke, and are not supervised at all. They're a bunch of buffoons who have been entrusted with a serious job and they're treating it worse than a five-year-old making butt copies on Take Your Kid to Work Day.
Old Jul 10, 2017, 3:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The lobster that boiled TSA.

http://www.flyertalk.com/articles/se...r-picture.html

Senator Boils Over Lobster Picture

After a picture of a lobster going through a Transportation Security Administration (TSA) inspection went viral, one senator is suggesting a change in regulations to protect flyers’ privacy. New Haven, Connecticut ABC affiliate WTNH reports Democratic Senator Richard Blumenthal is asking for the Homeland Security agency to change how they handle public affairs.
​​​​​​​How's that lobster tasting now TSA? More butter?
Old Apr 20, 2018, 1:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Hi all,

The owner who got angry about TSA who took a pictures of lobster. They took a lobster out of cooler. He was so upset.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/06/28/u...y-the-tsa.html

TSA should be too ashamed for what they did to him. Please do not touch lobster anymore. Please leave the lobster alone.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.