Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Canadian vs. U.S. Declaration Forms...

Search this Thread

Old Jan 27, 2017, 6:51 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Lifetime Plat, (now an AC nobody)
Canadian vs. U.S. Declaration Forms...

I travel quite a bit, and often from an international/U.S. location. I hate having to fill out the CBSA Declaration Cards manually each and every time, so I went searching for a fillable form and none are available....as far as I can tell.

http://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/publicati...s/e311-eng.pdf

I noticed the U.S. Declaration forms are fillable and printable. One can fill in all the repeatable information like name, address, etc., print several copies, then fill in the rest for each flight. That would save so much time....

https://www.cbp.gov/document/forms/f...glish-fillable
Anyone know why Canada doesn't have this available online...Is it a regulatory restriction? or just technical incompetence?

Note - not sure if this post deserves a separate thread outside of the AC/AP forum, so I'll leave it to the mod to decide whether it can stay here.
Old Jan 27, 2017, 7:44 pm

Programs: AC E35K, NEXUS
I agree there is a lot of redundant writing. With NEXUS, I don't have to fill in the US card at preclearance to use GE. I don't understand why I have to manually complete the comparable form to use NEXUS. Why can't the questions be on the NEXUS kiosk like the GE kiosk? I realize I'm sitting in an airplane when I get the blank form and usually have time to kill, but my penmanship these days is for crap, and I would rather click a few more buttons on a touchscreen in the NEXUS area on arrival.
Old Jan 27, 2017, 7:50 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: HH Silver
As this topic is best discussed in the Checkpoints and Borders Policy Debate forum it's been relocated there.

Regards,

tcook052
Air Canada forum moderator
Old Jan 28, 2017, 8:19 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
Just do like Schengen. Get rid of the form completely.
Old Jan 28, 2017, 11:19 pm

Programs: QFF
Originally Posted by seawolf
That seems to be what the US is heading towards.
If you use a APC kiosk, you don't need the form. If you use a full desk, you do.
Old Jan 19, 2019, 12:20 pm

does anyone know why there is eDeclaration in YYZ terminal 3 but not in terminal 1?
Old Jan 19, 2019, 3:50 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Originally Posted by seawolf
Schengen effectively eliminated customs. Not the same thing as the US or Canada, neither of which are likely to enter a customs union with each other or anyone else anytime soon.
Old Jan 21, 2019, 7:07 am

I think seawolf is referring to the external Schengen border. When one arrives at a Schengen POE from outside, one need not fill in any forms.
FlyingHoustonian and :D! like this.
Old Jan 21, 2019, 10:30 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, NEXUS
Originally Posted by mtomo
does anyone know why there is eDeclaration in YYZ terminal 3 but not in terminal 1?
Possible Reasoning Here

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.