Wiki Posts
Search

Neffenger is leaving TSA

Search this Thread

Old Jan 15, 2017, 10:38 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA,RR,NW,Delta ,UA,CO
Originally Posted by Boggie Dog
Would I work for TSA? Serious answer. NO. I cannot see any circumstance that would cause me to even consider applying to TSA. I could pass the background check, have a very high credit rating without any negative credit history and meet the physical requirements. I would rather stand on a street corner with a cardboard sign before stooping to applying for work at TSA.
I could have, and I know many people who could or would have, but not after they introduced all the hands-on groping. The older folks are disgusted on a personal and a civil rights level and the young ones, while casual about privacy, don't want to be a laughing stock among their friends and don't want to touch strangers in gross ways.

Only in America. The rest of the world manages to get the job done without sticking their hands between my legs or down my pants.
Old Jan 15, 2017, 12:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

People will remember him as groper-in-chief rather than a retired Coast Guard admiral, whom, from all accounts I heard, was a good boss.
Old Jan 15, 2017, 1:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by petaluma1
next Friday:

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/0...leaving-233606

BTW, this Tweet:

https://twitter.com/rjmaclean/status/820255414671605760 Yet again, the link fails to appear when comment is posted.

reminded me that I'd read some place that the TSA is run by lawyers, not security experts. I think what I read was a source other than Maclean.
Francine the Goolgling Lawyer! Remember her? Here's a pretty good discussion of her from 6 1/2 years ago. She almost got the case against the 20th 9/11 hijacker thrown out.

Those same sources say that Francine Kerner, the TSA’s Chief Counsel, allegedly “circled the wagons” in defense of Carla when the furor of her “tainting witnesses” first arose during the Moussauoi trial. According to them, Francine even at one point referred to Ms. Martin as an “American patriot.” Certainly a strange attribution for someone who almost single handedly derailed the prosecution’s case in the Moussauoi trial.

Ms. Kerner would have to be considered quite knowledgeable in this context as she too was once accused of taking actions which might have encouraged witnesses to “tailor their testimony.” A November 8, 1995 article in the New York Times states, "Although, Ms. Kerner was supposed to avoid discussing the case with her colleagues in the counsel’s office, the committee presented evidence today that she provided significant details to those under investigation….”
Can anyone find her google quote? I searched on FT and came up empty, although there were plenty of references to this.
Old Jan 16, 2017, 7:42 am

Originally Posted by FliesWay2Much
Francine the Goolgling Lawyer! Remember her? Here's a pretty good discussion of her from 6 1/2 years ago. She almost got the case against the 20th 9/11 hijacker thrown out.

Can anyone find her google quote? I searched on FT and came up empty, although there were plenty of references to this.
Here you go.
Old Jan 16, 2017, 8:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ND Sol
Thanks -- this made my day, especially since it was a two-for-one: Francine the Googling Attorney and an old friend of ours!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.