Wiki Posts
Search

What's wrong with PreCheck?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 9, 2013, 6:48 am
Original Poster

What's wrong with PreCheck?

Humorous look at TSA illogic....by Peter Greenberg

The other problem with PreCheck is that it’s not available at all airports, or worse, it’s available at some airports but not at all security checkpoints. That also makes no sense.

And this morning, at the Southwest Florida International Airport in Fort Myers, Florida, came the latest TSA absurdity when it comes to PreCheck. I arrived at the airport at 6:45 am for my 8 am flight to New York. After checking in, I walked to the TSA checkpoint. I saw the sign for PreCheck. But as I got closer, a TSA agent came up to me and said, “Sorry, PreCheck isn’t open.”

Isn’t open? I asked.

And then, the TSA agent replied with an answer that defied logic. “No,” he said matter of factly, “We close it each morning at 7 am.”

CLOSE it at 7am? As if there were lots of 4 am flights departing Ft. Myers. “Shouldn’t you be OPENING PreCheck at 7am?” I asked. It seemed like the logical thing to do.

“Sorry,” he said, “We only go with the schedule they give us.”

So much for common sense at the TSA...

http://petergreenberg.com/2013/11/08...-tsa-precheck/
Old Dec 9, 2013, 7:35 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by yandosan
So much for common sense at the TSA...
When has the TSA ever shown the slightest indication of possessing common sense, or even an interest in hiring people with common sense?
Old Dec 9, 2013, 7:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

DISASTER AVERTED: TSA agent bravely confiscates sockmonkey’s gun

http://tinyurl.com/kmftbxj

This is TSA style common sense.
Old Dec 9, 2013, 9:11 am

Programs: DL 2MM
I guess I am in the boat of just appreciating precheck whenever i get it (or they are open). I have been through hundreds of times...every time I stop to think how much better it is.

Will continue to appreciate it when I can use it, rather than complain like the worlds ending the 10% of the time when I can't...
Old Dec 9, 2013, 9:54 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Boggie Dog
This is TSA style common sense.
It's amazing how "TSA-style common sense" looks so much like "sheer stupidity" as defined by anyone else.
Old Dec 9, 2013, 10:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by BigKenny
I guess I am in the boat of just appreciating precheck whenever i get it (or they are open). I have been through hundreds of times...every time I stop to think how much better it is.

Will continue to appreciate it when I can use it, rather than complain like the worlds ending the 10% of the time when I can't...

Nothing like showing gratitude for being allowed to suckle on governments teat.
Old Dec 9, 2013, 11:05 am

Originally Posted by BigKenny

There is absolutely nothing wrong with feeling better,or above the rest, when your government decides it will, temporarily, treat you with the respect required and deserving of a citizen. That is a perfectly normal response.

Unfortunately, it is the result of being conditioned to accept being treated like a lesser or a prisoner with diminished rights.
Old Dec 9, 2013, 11:15 am

On my latest trip (visiting in-laws for Thanksgiving), the only one of us that got selected for pre-check was my 5 year old daughter. So, she didn't need to take off her shoes (she wouldn't anyway), take her laptop out (she doesn't have one), or go through the scanner (also probably except, I believe).

I felt safer
Old Dec 9, 2013, 1:26 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta SM
Originally Posted by Boggie Dog
Nothing like showing gratitude for being allowed to suckle on governments teat.
Classic Stockholm Syndrome?

When my dad was in the army, there was a little guy who kept getting bullied and beaten up by the bigger guys. Every time he got knocked down, he got right back up and said "thanks for not hitting me harder."

I don't know if the lesson here is that he's an eternal optimist or suffering from some sort of psychological disorder. Sort of reminds me of those who show gratitude for Precheck.
Old Dec 9, 2013, 1:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Finally back in Boston after escaping from New York
Originally Posted by grimjack2k
On my latest trip (visiting in-laws for Thanksgiving), the only one of us that got selected for pre-check was my 5 year old daughter. So, she didn't need to take off her shoes (she wouldn't anyway), take her laptop out (she doesn't have one), or go through the scanner (also probably except, I believe).

I felt safer
Yeah, but did they confiscate her sock monkey?

Mike

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.