Programs: AA,RR,NW,Delta ,UA,CO
Originally Posted by eyecue
that is SSI : )

MI is managed inclusion
RTTA is real time threat assessment
Thanks, and good to see you back.
Old Oct 29, 2013, 10:59 am

Originally Posted by eyecue
If it points to the regular line and you dont go that way, you could end up getting more thorough screening.
Perhaps I wasn't as clear as I could have been. At your airport, DEN, if you are entering the North checkpoint and the arrow points to the "wrong" way, then just leave that checkpoint and go to the South checkpoint. If once again it points the "wrong" way, then go to the Concourse A checkpoint. That gives the passenger three opportunities to avoid the "wrong" line if the iPad is being used at all three checkpoints.

And if the iPad sends half to "wrong" line and half to the abbreviated screening line (just an assumption for this sentence), then that means the TSA only has a 1 in 8 chance of ensuring that the passenger will eventually be sent to the "wrong" line (and once again, the passenger could just simply leave the airport without any repercussions since the administrative search has not begun at that juncture).
Old Nov 1, 2013, 7:50 am

So why don't we just treat everybody as PreCheck by default? No need to "game the system," no outlays on new equipment and training, a faster checkpoint experience for all...
Old Nov 1, 2013, 8:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Schmurrr
So why don't we just treat everybody as PreCheck by default? No need to "game the system," no outlays on new equipment and training, a faster checkpoint experience for all...
Many here are saying exactly that. Pre Check type screening for all escalating with cause.

Of course most participants here can think.
Old Nov 1, 2013, 9:51 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA,RR,NW,Delta ,UA,CO
Originally Posted by Schmurrr
Hang on, now.

Let's not go all radical and un-American and talk about 'no outlays on new equipment and training'.

That is simply NOT going to fly (pun intended).

Security is a for-(big, taxpayer-funded)-profit industry in this country, and don't you ever forget it.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.