Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Checkpoints and Borders Policy Debate
Reload this Page >

Credit Union on Ground Floor of TSA’s Headquarters was Robbed!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Credit Union on Ground Floor of TSA’s Headquarters was Robbed!

Search this Thread

Old Oct 27, 2013, 6:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Kettle with Kryptonium Medallion Tags
Originally Posted by cbn42
You represented the incident as a failure of the TSA, when the TSA had nothing to do with it.
Yes, you said that before, but you have not answered my question: *how* was my stating a personal opinion ("It's too bad TSA doesn't utilized its behavior detection vodoo to protect the lobby of its headquarters") and then short-quoting an article misrepresenting the incident?
Old Oct 27, 2013, 5:08 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by cbn42
The article explains that these investigators do not actually have investigative powers. Even if they did, they are not law enforcement.
It was, of course, a rhetorical question. These days, the only people who believe the TSA has any "enforcement" or "criminal investigation" responsibilities or authority are TSA employees - who are, as usual, horribly wrong.
Old Oct 27, 2013, 7:13 pm
Moderator: Manufactured Spending

Originally Posted by RatherBeOnATrain
Yes, you said that before, but you have not answered my question: *how* was my stating a personal opinion ("It's too bad TSA doesn't utilized its behavior detection vodoo to protect the lobby of its headquarters") and then short-quoting an article misrepresenting the incident?
Obviously your "personal opinion" was sarcasm. You certainly aren't proposing that TSA should interrogate people before they are allowed to enter a bank/credit union. It is evident from your "personal opinion", and from the the bolded words in the quote, that you made this post in order to create the implication that this was TSA's fault. As several posters have explained, it wasn't. Therefore, you misrepresented the incident as a failure of the TSA.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.