Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Checkpoints and Borders Policy Debate
Reload this Page >

Kip says: change the airport mindset, leave shoes on...

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 7, 2013, 1:17 pm
Original Poster

Location: Catania, Sicily/South Jersey (PHL)/Houston, Texas/Red Stick/airborne in-between
Programs: United Global Svs, AA PlatPro, WN RR, AZ/ITA Freccia, Hilton Diam, Bonvoy Gold, Hertz Prez, IHG

Sorry if I missed this being posted already.

From the Kipster

Best quote?:
• Passengers should be chosen randomly for shoes and coat inspections. Precheck programs for frequent fliers that expedite security screening should be applied to all travelers.
http://edition.cnn.com/2013/08/06/op...html?hpt=hp_t5
STORY HIGHLIGHTS
Kip Hawley: Airport transportation security officers are misunderstood
He says infractions are related to being unmotivated and enforcing senseless rules
Hawley: Officers need to be trained, empowered and allowed to think for themselves
He says allow banned items, except obvious ones; stop shoe inspections, intrusive pat-downs
Old Aug 7, 2013, 1:45 pm
Moderator: Coupon Connection & S.P.A.M

Programs: Destination Unknown, TSA Disparager Diamond (LTDD)
Gee, Kippie. Where was all this when you were actually in a position to do something?

You're a pandering little jackass, Kip.
Old Aug 7, 2013, 1:47 pm

Programs: Southwest Rapid Rewards. Tha... that's about it.
Isn't he the guy who thought up most of the current nonsense to begin with? I mean, except scope and grope, he predates that particular nonsense.
Old Aug 7, 2013, 1:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime Gold, Global Entry, Hertz PC, and my wallet
I think I understand the "airport transportation security officials" perfectly. Jacked up little Hitlers. That's it.
Old Aug 7, 2013, 1:53 pm

Originally Posted by WillCAD
Isn't he the guy who thought up most of the current nonsense to begin with? I mean, except scope and grope, he predates that particular nonsense.
Sounds to me like he belongs in prison, by his own admission.
Old Aug 7, 2013, 4:43 pm

Programs: DL Platinum Medallion, AA
Kip Hawley is still an itiot.
Old Aug 7, 2013, 5:42 pm

Programs: UA1K/RCC, Avis CHM, NWA Plat, SPG Plat
What's that called again? Monday-night quarterback?
Old Aug 7, 2013, 11:02 pm

Originally Posted by dimramon
What's that called again? Monday-night quarterback?
Drinking the turpentine.
Old Aug 7, 2013, 11:21 pm

Programs: UA MileagePlus dirt (former hard-way Silver); AS Mileage Plan MVP; Hilton Honors Silver
Originally Posted by Silver Fox
I think I understand the "airport transportation security officials" perfectly. Jacked up little Hitlers. That's it.
Look, I'm no lover of Kip or TSA, but until either starts a wholesale genocide, could we maybe refrain from the Hitler anologies?
Old Aug 7, 2013, 11:53 pm

Programs: DL Gold Medallion, AA
His only *acomplishment* while in office was the security checkpoint smoke and mirror show.
Old Aug 8, 2013, 12:56 am

Originally Posted by WillCAD
Typical of TSA, he wasn't really allowed to think under the regime he served. Instead, Skeletor dictated all the rules. With respect to the liquids ban, Skeletor himself admits in a British documentary he pushed the Kipster out of the way to type up the ban rules himself.
Old Aug 8, 2013, 4:10 am

Programs: Southwest Rapid Rewards. Tha... that's about it.
Originally Posted by Critic
Look, I'm no lover of Kip or TSA, but until either starts a wholesale genocide, could we maybe refrain from the Hitler anologies?
Y'know, Hitler and the Nazis did a LOT more than just the Holocaust. People seem to think that Nazi Germany was a beautiful, happy, peaceful, totally free place to live except for the Jews, Gypsies, and homosexuals who were rounded up and exterminated, but in truth, it was a brutal, fearful, repressive police state where the Gestapo and the SS had most of the population afraid of their own government, and anyone who spoke out against anything they did was labeled an enemy of the state and subject to arrest, interrogation, imprisonment, torture, and death.

I don't want to minimize the Holocaust, because it was undoubtedly the most evil thing the Nazis did, but it wasn't the ONLY evil thing they did. And without all of those OTHER evils, the Holocaust couldn't have happened.
Old Aug 8, 2013, 6:36 am

Originally Posted by Ysitincoach
Typical of TSA, he wasn't really allowed to think under the regime he served. Instead, Skeletor dictated all the rules. With respect to the liquids ban, Skeletor himself admits in a British documentary he pushed the Kipster out of the way to type up the ban rules himself.
Speaking of Skeletor, he's been on several news shows since this travel "alert" appeared. And he's still truly frightening.
Old Aug 8, 2013, 6:49 am
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
Originally Posted by Spiff
Gee, Kippie. Where was all this when you were actually in a position to do something?

You're a pandering little jackass, Kip.
Silly rabbit-he was too busy being an idiot
Old Aug 8, 2013, 12:57 pm

On a similar note, Nathan Bedford Forrest's heirs have acknowledged that
his brainchild the Klu Klux Klan went on to do some bad things.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.