Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Checkpoints and Borders Policy Debate
Reload this Page >

TSA PreCheck Expands Expedited Screening Benefits for International Travel

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

TSA PreCheck Expands Expedited Screening Benefits for International Travel

Search this Thread

Old May 24, 2013, 10:25 am

Programs: Marriott LT Platinum+Titanium Elite, Hyatt Globalist, AA EXP, Delta Plat, United Silver, AX Biz Cent
Originally Posted by Ari
That is incorrect. Air France will have the trusted traveler info because it is in the SecureFlight information. It doesn't matter how you book, they will have it if you put it in. The reason it wouldn't work on AF is because they don't participate, not because they wouldn't have a TT number; it is passed on.

Did you ask them? How did they know you weren't gaming the system if you asked them a question about it?
Not all foreign carriers have a field for Known Traveler #.

Air Canada, for example, does not.

Singapore Airlines does -- so clearly some, but not all international's are set up for it.

And I agree that it is clear as mud as to what happens with foreign carriers -- eg: my upcoming Air Canada award on United and USAir metal ...
Old May 24, 2013, 1:14 pm
Ari
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by some dude
Not all foreign carriers have a field for Known Traveler #....
Yes they do, you just can't see it on their websites. The field is there.
Old May 24, 2013, 2:18 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by Ari
Yes they do, you just can't see it on their websites. The field is there.
Air Canada indeed does have it. However, not all foreign carriers do. That said, of the common carrier with scheduled passenger service to the US, I can't think of even one which doesn't have the fields available for use by its agents even if/when customers can't see the fields on the website.
Old May 24, 2013, 3:46 pm
Ari
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by GUWonder
Air Canada indeed does have it. However, not all foreign carriers do. That said, of the common carrier with scheduled passenger service to the US, I can't think of even one which doesn't have the fields available for use by its agents even if/when customers can't see the fields on the website.
Having that field available is a requirement of SecureFlight as I recall; carriers that don't fly to or over the USA don't need it.
Old May 27, 2013, 8:36 am

Programs: NEXUS/GE
Originally Posted by Ari
Having that field available is a requirement of SecureFlight as I recall; carriers that don't fly to or over the USA don't need it.
I checked my WN FF account. They don't have a field for Trusted Traveler ID.
Old May 27, 2013, 10:29 am
Ari
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by dustman81
I checked my WN FF account. They don't have a field for Trusted Traveler ID.
They have the field in their internal computer systems, just not open for all to see on their website.
Old May 31, 2013, 4:22 am

Programs: Delta - Platinum / Marriott - Platinum Premier / Starwood - Platinum Preferred
Leaving from ATL to SJO this morning and Pre-checked is on my boarding pass. I guess it's continuing to expand from "European Union, Canada and Australia". Too bad ATL only has pre on one side of the airport though. Definitely worth going to the domestic side though.
Old May 31, 2013, 9:25 am
Formerly known as CollegeFlyer

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA PLT, Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Gold, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by airj1012
Leaving from ATL to SJO this morning and Pre-checked is on my boarding pass. I guess it's continuing to expand from "European Union, Canada and Australia".
As discussed above, I don't think it was ever limited to "European Union, Canada, and Australia." All the international destinations were "turned on" at once. It was just a rapidly-spread rumor that international PreCheck was limited to those three areas.
Old May 31, 2013, 5:12 pm

Programs: AA EXP with lots of BA. UA 2MM Lifetime Plat - No longer chase hotel loyalty
LAX-NRT UA 802 allowing TSA Pre check as well. So doesn't seem to be destination specific.
Old Jul 29, 2013, 3:11 am

Programs: UA GS>1K>Nothing; DL DM 2MM; AS 75K>Nothing>MVP
Cleared for Pre-Check on SEA>NRT the other day. Nice!
Old Jul 29, 2013, 3:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM 2MM, BA Bronze, Various Hotels
Flew IAD-LHR this past Friday on BA. While BA does not participate in Pre-Check, my military CAC card did get me through on the TSA agent's second scan.
Old Aug 16, 2018, 3:07 pm

TSA added a defunct airline to PreCheck today

SMH

Old Aug 16, 2018, 4:26 pm
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Originally Posted by petaluma1
TSA added a defunct airline to PreCheck today

SMH

https://twitter.com/TSA/status/1030125789134565376
Swiss International Air Lines, IATA code LX, was added to the TSA Pre✓® participating airlines today. It is very much an operating airline and is a part of the LH group.

Swissair, IATA code SR, is the defunct airline.
Old Aug 16, 2018, 4:32 pm

Originally Posted by TWA884
Swiss International Air Lines, IATA code LX, was added to the TSA Pre✓® participating airlines today. It is very much an operating airline and is a part of the LH group.

Swissair, IATA code SR, is the defunct airline.
TSA initially crowed this morning about adding SwissAir to PreCheck. The tweet announcing the SwissAir addition has been deleted since I wrote my post.

Spiff likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.