Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Checkpoints and Borders Policy Debate
Reload this Page >

Pictures of Celebrities Going Through Airport Security (and Backscatter Body Scanners

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Pictures of Celebrities Going Through Airport Security (and Backscatter Body Scanners

Search this Thread

Old Mar 15, 2013, 9:13 pm
Original Poster

I found an interesting website:
http://tsacelebrities.tumblr.com/

There are 60+ webpages of pictures of celebrities going through TSA security screenings. They show famous people going through the body scanner (mostly backscatter) - people like George Clooney, Jennifer Garner, Ryan Gosling, Justin Bieber, Selena Gomez, Miley Cyrus, Leanne Rimes + her hubby, Fergie (from Black Eyed Peas), Rhianna, Eva Longoria, some Victoria Secret model and other celebs including a 14 year old Disney star. How much do you want to bet the VS model was specially/randomly chosen? There are other celebs going through the backscatter but those are the names that I remember from the pictures.

Also, the pictures show celebrities going through the checkpoint at various stages. There are even some getting patdowns (Ryan Gosling and some actress who was wearing skin tight clothing). There is a picture of Joan Rivers getting a pat-down and she's wearing a tight tank top! In one picture, Avril Lavigne is walking through the WTMD wearing a dark black hoodie (with the hat over her head) while to the right, there is a younger female in a tight white t-shirt standing in the body scanner. There is a picture of some lady from one of the housewives reality show getting a pat-down (wearing a tank top or something tight) while her teeny tiny toy Yorkie dog is standing there, waiting and seriously looking terrified. The dog was wearing a sweater. I wonder if he or she got a pat-down too, ha ha.

There are also screenshots of twitter tweets of various celebs complaining about their TSA experiences. There's one of Adam Levine of Maroon 5 complaining about his pat-down.

It's funny how the TSA doesn't allow photography BUT there are hundreds of checkpoint pictures on this website. I guess the paparazi cameras don't count? I'm guessing the paparazzi photographers are still allowed because some of these pictures are recent. Also, the pictures show trend that NOS is being used as primary screening now. I had heard about it but these pictures confirm my suspicions.

I find it hilarious that even super famous people are deemed terrorists until they are cleared through security theatre!!!!
Old Mar 15, 2013, 11:07 pm
Suspended

Programs: A3, AA. Plasticy things! That give me, y'know, Stuff!
Originally Posted by average_passenger
It's funny how the TSA doesn't allow photography
No, that's not the amusing bit in that sentence.
Old Mar 15, 2013, 11:36 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by SeriouslyLost
No, that's not the amusing bit in that sentence.
sorry, my bad. I didn't mean that. I think ironic is a better word. Normal passengers can't take pictures but paparazzi photographers can take pictures that will be posted online and/or in magazines or newspapers?
Old Mar 16, 2013, 12:26 am

Programs: AS 100K, UA MM, AA MM, IC Plat Amb, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Explorist
From posts here on FlyerTalk, I know that there is no blanket prohibition on photography at the checkpoint. Sure, TSOs don't like it and might try to intimidate people into not taking pictures, but I'm sure that professional photographers know the law better than anyone.

Besides, today's technology makes it very easy to discreetly take pictures and make recordings anytime, anywhere. I didn't look at the link, but it wouldn't surprise me if some of the pictures were taken discreetly with small, hidden cameras. Why attract attention by taking pictures openly, when it's so easy to use cameras built into eyeglasses and hidden in shoulder bags, where nobody suspects a thing?
Old Mar 17, 2013, 10:52 am

Programs: AA PLT, 1.8mm
I found an interesting website:
http://tsacelebrities.tumblr.com/
what I learned after viewing a few pages of this website:

1. celebs without their makeup are just as ugly as the rest of us.
2. I've never heard of half of those "celebs"
3. wearing the oversized hat and sunglasses in the airport/checkpoint/public only shouts to the world "I'm a celeb, please notice me" rather than the opposite.
Old Mar 17, 2013, 11:22 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by cynicAAl
what I learned after viewing a few pages of this website:

1. celebs without their makeup are just as ugly as the rest of us.
2. I've never heard of half of those "celebs"
3. wearing the oversized hat and sunglasses in the airport/checkpoint/public only shouts to the world "I'm a celeb, please notice me" rather than the opposite.
Over the past week, I had time to peruse through all the pictures. The pictures show the following celebs in the backscatter scanner in the freeze position:

Justin Bieber
Selena Gomez
George Clooney
Jennifer Garner
Ryan Gosling
Leann Rimes
Kristen Stewart (the girl from Twilight)
Rhianna
Miley Cyrus
Eva Longoria
Jessica Alba
Fergie from The Black Eyed Peas
and lots of other celebs (those are the names that I remember)

There are pictures of Ryan Gosling, Joan Rivers and others getting a pat-down.

If you don't recognize any of the names, you are either over 30 or do not pay much attention to Hollywood. I don't mean this in a mean way.

Anyway, I just posted this thread because there are lots of pictures on this website of the LAX security checkpoints. I guess photography is sometimes allowed? The sad thing is even famous people are deemed terrorists until proven otherwise. I wonder if the celebs are embarrassed by the scanner pictures.
Old Mar 18, 2013, 6:22 pm
Suspended

Programs: A3, AA. Plasticy things! That give me, y'know, Stuff!
sorry, my bad. I didn't mean that. I think ironic is a better word. Normal passengers can't take pictures but paparazzi photographers can take pictures that will be posted online and/or in magazines or newspapers?
No, I meant that you were simply wrong in your assertion that the TSA bans photography. It doesn't.
Old Mar 18, 2013, 10:24 pm

Programs: AA PLT, 1.8mm
If you don't recognize any of the names, you are either over 30 or do not pay much attention to Hollywood.
guilty on both counts.

Anyway, I just posted this thread because there are lots of pictures on this website of the LAX security checkpoints. I guess photography is sometimes allowed?
photography is generally allowed throughout the checkpoint

From TSA.gov:

TSA does not prohibit the public, passengers or press from photographing, videotaping or filming at security checkpoints, as long as the screening process is not interfered with or slowed down. We do ask you to not film or take pictures of the monitors. While the TSA does not prohibit photographs at screening locations, local laws, state statutes, or local ordinances might.

Taking photographs may also prompt airport police or a TSA official to ask what your purpose is. It is recommended that you contact the TSA Contact Center to contact the Customer Support Manager at the airport to determine its specific policy. Or, if you are a member of the press, you should contact the TSA Office of Public Affairs.
Old Mar 19, 2013, 1:08 am

Deleted. Duplicate post.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.