Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Is that an IED in your pocket, or...

Search this Thread

Old Mar 16, 2013, 2:49 pm

Let me remind everyone of the statement to which I was responding:

Originally Posted by chollie
No one, least of all here on FT, seriously expects TSA to change.
TSA changes all the time. To be sure, sometimes TSA changes by imposing arbitrary restrictions and then relaxing those same restrictions, with reasoning that seems indefensible. So be it; let's talk about that and criticize that.

But let's not claim that TSA doesn't change. It changes all the time.
Old Mar 16, 2013, 4:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

=jkhuggins;20429805

To be sure, much of TSA's PR problem is self-inflicted. But when we pile on at every opportunity, we show ourselves to be no better than they. TSA can point to the unfairness of the tactics (as it is doing now, complaining about the anonymous complaint of a disgruntled employee) as a distraction from the real issues at hand.
I have to disagree. TSA has used tactics that almost guarentee that the public has no voice in things TSA. That leaves the public to use means available which piling on is part of.

TSA is the problem, not the public.

Last edited by Boggie Dog; Mar 16, 2013 at 5:51 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.