Wiki Posts
Search

Blue shirts at AUS

Search this Thread

Old Sep 5, 2012, 11:15 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AAPLT, RR Alist
Blue shirts at AUS

Has anyone else going through AUS noticed that now the janitors (environmental services, whatever term you prefer) and some of the vendors are wearing nearly the exact same color of blue shirt with black pants as the TSA? I see a blue shirt out of the corner of my eye...is that a TSA worker coming to do gate checks? Oh, no....it is someone coming to empty the trash bins! I'm not sure if it is even funny, or just appalling, that someone thought it was a good idea for all those groups of workers to dress the same. (some minus the shiny badge.)
Old Sep 5, 2012, 11:22 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by AUS2008
Has anyone else going through AUS noticed that now the janitors (environmental services, whatever term you prefer) and some of the vendors are wearing nearly the exact same color of blue shirt with black pants as the TSA?
Yes.

And when I commented on it to one of the vendors, he mentioned that he and his co-workers had already asked management if they could change the color of their uniforms because they really didn't want to be mistaken for a TSA "employee."

The expression on his face told me everything I needed to know about his opinion of them.
Old Sep 9, 2012, 11:44 am

Programs: Southwest Rapid Rewards. Tha... that's about it.
Originally Posted by Caradoc
Yes.

And when I commented on it to one of the vendors, he mentioned that he and his co-workers had already asked management if they could change the color of their uniforms because they really didn't want to be mistaken for a TSA "employee."

The expression on his face told me everything I needed to know about his opinion of them.
Which vendor was this?

I dunno about you, but personally, I'd find it uproariously funny if the guys who scrub toilets in the terminal, or the guys who empty the aircraft septic tanks, didn't want to be mistaken for TSA.
Old Sep 9, 2012, 12:43 pm

Makes perfect sense to me that the maintenance and janitorial staff wouldn't want to be mistaken for TSA employees. I have the utmost respect for the jobs carried out by airport janitorial and maintenance staff. Without them, the airports would be less safe and less pleasant places.

TSA, on the other hand...
Old Sep 9, 2012, 1:01 pm

Programs: Platinum-CO-DL-Priority Club WN A-list Diomond-Hilton-BW Gold-Choice Hertz Presidents Club
Maybe they're undercover TSA.
Old Sep 9, 2012, 2:18 pm

Programs: Southwest Rapid Rewards. Tha... that's about it.
Originally Posted by Houston.Business:19282894
Maybe they're undercover TSA.
Yeah, that would fit my evaluation of TSAs competence - going undercover by wearing their TSA uniforms, but just taking off the badges and insignia. "Bin Laden will NEVER recognize us in these disguises!"

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.