Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Checkpoints and Borders Policy Debate
Reload this Page >

Bob has been truly brainwashed (Blog post about Pre✓)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 5, 2012, 8:40 am
Original Poster

http://blog.tsa.gov/2012/07/tsa-pre-...one-sweet.html

My comment, pending approval --

Bob, the idea that by paying $100 a citizen can have a shot at having one's Fourth Amendment rights better preserved at an airport -- notice that I say a shot, because as you have repeatedly told us, there is no guarantee of expedited screening -- is an insult to the meaning of this country.

Let me guess: I bet that yesterday, you were one of those flag-waving "patriots" squealing, "I'm proud to be an American, where at least I know I'm free."

You know how people say, "Freedom isn't free"? The TSA brings new meaning to that saying.

Your employer is an insult too this country's very core. And by accepting a paycheck from said employer, you are a part of the problem.

I don't know whether you will post this comment, but maybe it will get you to start thinking about the disgusting government agency known as the TSA.
EDIT: I now see that it was our favorite spokeshole Lisa Farbstein who wrote this drivel.
Old Jul 5, 2012, 8:49 am

Programs: Ham Sandwich Medallion
I feel for Bob sometimes, I really do. I can't believe that the guy believes all the drivel he posts, but even if that's true, he works for the ultimate "toe the company line" organization. Then again, the fact that he still works there suggests that he either believes it, or he believes in the (probably substantial) paycheck he gets for being a company sycophant.
Old Jul 5, 2012, 8:52 am

Programs: Choice Hotels/FFOCUS
I find the few clerks I talk to are brain washed & actually believe the crap. Sad.
Old Jul 5, 2012, 9:18 am

Programs: DL,AC,HH,PC
If you see me in an airport, be sure to say hi.
Not going to happen.

Anyway, I would be in the "less equal" citizens' line-up.

Last edited by Wally Bird; Jul 5, 2012 at 11:29 am Reason: grocer's apostrophe
Old Jul 5, 2012, 9:41 am

Originally Posted by coachrowsey
I find the few clerks I talk to are brain washed & actually believe the crap. Sad.
I agree. Most every screener I come into contact with tends to be brainwashed and has a void for logical thinking. My guess is it's a 95/5 split. With 95% believing it and 5% smart enough to see beyond it.

Recently I met a military retiree working as a TSO. He served working on military nuclear technology and even he doesn't believe DHS' own radiation/lack of radiation tests. He had some surprisingly intelligent arguments that would fit well in our NoS criticisms. This guy's been with TSA since day one, and he admits he was desperate for a job to care for ill family. I don't know how he does it. I can't deal with them for ten minutes prior to boarding a flight, let alone for a job.
Old Jul 5, 2012, 9:47 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Ysitincoach
Recently I met a military retiree working as a TSO. He served working on military nuclear technology and even he doesn't believe DHS' own radiation/lack of radiation tests. He had some surprisingly intelligent arguments that would fit well in our NoS criticisms. This guy's been with TSA since day one, and he admits he was desperate for a job to care for ill family. I don't know how he does it. I can't deal with them for ten minutes prior to boarding a flight, let alone for a job.
It's sad that our military veterans are sinking to that level. (Well, some of them, anyway. There are other "veterans" who deserve it.)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.