Community
Wiki Posts
Search

William Shatner's pants fall down at LAX

Search this Thread

Old Jun 29, 2012, 12:34 am

Location: Catania, Sicily/South Jersey (PHL)/Houston, Texas/Red Stick/airborne in-between
Programs: United Global Svs, AA PlatPro, WN RR, AZ/ITA Freccia, Hilton Diam, Bonvoy Gold, Hertz Prez, IHG
Originally Posted by N830MH
Hey! I know the guy who hosted for Rescue 911 back in 1988 through 1993. I remember that I watch the Rescue 911 since I was teenager. I remember that I watch the show all of the time.
Probably not his most famous work but he does have that on the old CV.

And now this which probably helps him by getting his name in the news...

I'll say it again...blame Canada
Old Jun 29, 2012, 4:09 am

Seriously, I do not find this funny. The number of similar incidents that make the news with celebrities being embarrassed at checkpoints due to their ridiculous procedures indicate to me that this is a common event with the general population. This has to be stopped.
Old Jun 29, 2012, 4:17 am
Moderator: Midwest, Las Vegas & Dining Buzz

I hope his phaser was set on stun.
Old Jun 29, 2012, 5:55 am

That's a shame. Kind of funny, but a shame. The TSA grope stance probably is what did it.

I was able to see William Shatner perform his Shatner's World show a couple months ago and it was really great. For an older guy he's sure got a lot of energy and enthusiasm!
Old Jun 29, 2012, 7:18 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by littlesheep
This is not funny.

He didn't do anything to deserve this. He's an old man. Poor guy.

I guess the TSA don't watch Star Trek?
He may be an old man, but he's hardly a "poor guy" since he took all of his Priceline ad pay in company stock.

But now we know why Denny needs a Crane - to hold up his pants.
Old Jun 29, 2012, 7:56 am

Programs: DL 0.22 MM, AA 0.34 MM, PC Plat Amb, Hertz #1 GC 5*
Originally Posted by DJGMaster1
He may be an old man, but he's hardly a "poor guy" since he took all of his Priceline ad pay in company stock.

But now we know why Denny needs a Crane - to hold up his pants.
According to Google, estimated net worth of close to $300mil, not including hit Priceline options?

He and Gene Simmons did just fine.
Old Jun 29, 2012, 8:35 am

Programs: Ham Sandwich Medallion
Originally Posted by BubbaLoop
Seriously, I do not find this funny. The number of similar incidents that make the news with celebrities being embarrassed at checkpoints due to their ridiculous procedures indicate to me that this is a common event with the general population. This has to be stopped.
I wouldn't except that, you know, it's Shatner. If the guy were any more of a ham, he'd be on someone's Christmas platter.
Old Jun 29, 2012, 11:11 am

Programs: Southwest Rapid Rewards. Tha... that's about it.
Originally Posted by T.J. Bender
I wouldn't except that, you know, it's Shatner. If the guy were any more of a ham, he'd be on someone's Christmas platter.
Bold talk about the Shat from a guy whose initials are T.J.

D'yaknow whacher saying?!

Aw, but seriously, folks - this is a travesty, whether it happened to the Shat, or Katie Couric, or Michele Obama, or an out of work hairdresser from Queens, or anybody else. Regardless of age, gender, race, wealth, or fame, no human being should be pantsed by government actors just because they have the temerity to wish to travel by airplane.

The only people upon whom I would genuinely wish this disgrace are those who foisted it upon us in the first place - Pistole and Napolitano.

\\//_ Peace, and Long Life, my friends.
Old Jun 29, 2012, 11:16 am

Programs: Former UA 1P
Given TSA's current obsession with removing belts, I'm really surprised this doesn't happen more often. You hear about a case now and then, but I expect you have multiple people per day at big airports being subjected to this treatment that you never hear about.
Old Jun 29, 2012, 11:34 am
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
Originally Posted by FlyingHoustonian
Blame Canada...

Canadians, they walk among us
We already did

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0109370/
Old Jun 29, 2012, 11:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Deltaworst Peon Level, TSA "Layer 21 Club", NW WP RIP
Originally Posted by T.J. Bender
Long long ago (yea wrong film series), back before it was cool yet, I went to a Star Trek convention. Got to meet Scotty. ^ One of the highlights was a fantastic blooper and outtake reel on film, as it was the predigital age. At the end those in the know yelled “Don’t rewind it, play it backwards.” OMG Shatners mannerisms, overacting, and the effects of his Shakespeare stage training EXPLODE on the screen and are magnified a thousand times. Pure hilarious. No comic doing a Shatner impersonation comes close to what Ham Shatner does doing himself in reverse.
Old Jun 29, 2012, 12:31 pm

Sheesh, this is just pitiful. And that headline is AWFUL. He didn't "drop his pants," they were removed in the process of being groped.

Nonetheless, I think he'd enjoy this thread immensely.
Old Jun 29, 2012, 1:12 pm

At least he wasn't arrested like the guy last year when they ripped down his pants and charged him with indecent exposure.

(Worth a search/look if you haven't seen it, the video from the CCTV is crystal.)
Old Jun 29, 2012, 7:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Originally Posted by CelticPax
At least he wasn't arrested like the guy last year when they ripped down his pants and charged him with indecent exposure.

(Worth a search/look if you haven't seen it, the video from the CCTV is crystal.)
I believe they didn't have install CCTV in Canadian airports. They never was.
Old Jun 29, 2012, 10:41 pm

Originally Posted by studentff
Given TSA's current obsession with removing belts, I'm really surprised this doesn't happen more often. You hear about a case now and then, but I expect you have multiple people per day at big airports being subjected to this treatment that you never hear about.
Fortunately on my recent opt out my pants didn't fall off, but they could have. They were fortunately not super loose in the waist, but my pants started to sagg down during the patdown without my belt on and the TSA employee did ask for me to hold my pants up so they wouldn't fall down/off. I made sure to point out that if I had access to my belt and could put it on, that wouldn't be an issue. He did end up conceding that point rather than bickering with me. This is definitely another issue with the whole ridiculous process.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.