Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Checkpoints and Borders Policy Debate
Reload this Page >

Canadian Airport screening changes set to be revealed tomorrow

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Canadian Airport screening changes set to be revealed tomorrow

Search this Thread

Old Dec 22, 2011, 5:01 pm

Originally Posted by helraiser
Here's the info folks:

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/britis...ouncement.html

Basically just telling everyone of the already existing NEXUS program and encouraging everyone to apply for the card. Yay, so not just lineups in regular immigration but also to use the machines.
I'm getting the impression that where the article talks about "screening lines", it really means lines for pre-clearance. Does anybody else also think they made that error?
Old Dec 22, 2011, 5:52 pm

Considering the amount of personal information I had to submit in order to get my NEXUS card I hope it makes life a little easier.
Old Dec 22, 2011, 8:54 pm
16A

What a ridiculous news release. I can get this exciting only slightly beneficial change and all these other benefits for $50:

1) A fast lane at the border open the third Tuesday in November from 9 until 9:13 am.
2) A card that I can't use anyways because I have something to declare.
3) A card where I still have to go talk to somebody at immigration because the kiosk isn't working.

It's been a stupid program for many years, and hasn't got any smarter. Until it's automatically issued with a passport to everyone who qualifies at no charge I'll wait with the cattle and spend the $50 at duty free.
Old Dec 23, 2011, 6:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Originally Posted by Santander
Just ban carry-ons.
There is no needs to bans the carryon. They are allowed to it.
Old Dec 28, 2011, 2:56 pm

Originally Posted by 16A
2) A card that I can't use anyways because I have something to declare.
Admittedly filling out the TDC is more of a PITA than using the standard declaration form, but I've never had problem declaring goods when crossing the border.

Is it because I'm coming into Canada, and not bringing goods into the US?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.