Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Checkpoints and Borders Policy Debate
Reload this Page >

TSA Chorus (yes, you heard right) sings holiday songs at LAX

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

TSA Chorus (yes, you heard right) sings holiday songs at LAX

Search this Thread

Old Dec 23, 2011, 12:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Finally back in Boston after escaping from New York
Originally Posted by goalie
You know that TSA/9-11 tax you pay on each ticket you purchase? Do you want it actually going towards keeping pax safe or do you want it going towards paying for TSO's to sing?
To be fair, I'd rather have them practicing their singing than doing gate checks (I know, false choice, but still...).

Mike
Old Dec 27, 2011, 10:45 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by goalie
You know that TSA/9-11 tax you pay on each ticket you purchase? Do you want it actually going towards keeping pax safe or do you want it going towards paying for TSO's to sing?
I guess if there is evidence that a substantial portion of revenues are going to pay TSOs to sing, I would care. But I would be willing to wager that that is not the case.
So no, I don't see this as an actual issue but rather as something for cranky people to fuss over.
Old Dec 27, 2011, 12:29 pm
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
Originally Posted by IFlyHarder
I guess if there is evidence that a substantial portion of revenues are going to pay TSOs to sing, I would care. But I would be willing to wager that that is not the case.
So no, I don't see this as an actual issue but rather as something for cranky people to fuss over.
As I have been saying all along, if they are singing (and practicing for that matter) on their own time I have no problem with that at all but it is the wearing of the uniform while singing that gives the appearance that they are doing this in an official capacity and THAT is what I have an issue with-it has nothing to do with "substantial revenues" at all but rather appearances-plane and simple
Old Dec 27, 2011, 1:22 pm
Suspended

What a ridiculous PR stunt

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.