Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Checkpoints and Borders Policy Debate
Reload this Page >

Pistole Disputes "Thousands Standing Around"

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Pistole Disputes "Thousands Standing Around"

Search this Thread

Old Dec 28, 2011, 10:32 am

Originally Posted by halls120
I've seen the same scene repeatedly. Pistole is clueless as to how his agency operates and is perceived.
yet the agents themselves seem to be aware of how they are perceived. At least from the "beaten dog" demeanor of many I've seen around the airports once they're not at checkpoints. I believe they know how they are regarded by other people. guilty consciences maybe.
Old Dec 28, 2011, 1:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Finally back in Boston after escaping from New York
Originally Posted by Boggie Dog
Which is truly sad. The peoples of America have a right to know how their government is not serving the interest of the people. Both Chertoff and Hawley are long gone.

A true Patriot who had this information would make it available to the public.
(Bolding mine)

Let's not forget that Chertoff is still very much involved, given his firm's relationship with NoS manufacturers. I consider that one of the biggest TSA-era scandals.

Mike
Old Dec 28, 2011, 8:39 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by jkhuggins
Would FOIA be applicable here?
No, because they will claim the document was never officially promulgated.

FOIA is a massive joke. Every President comes into office, promising to be more transparent, and within 6 months, word comes down quietly that things are going to be tightened up in favor of non-disclosure.
Old Dec 29, 2011, 9:35 am
Original Poster

Programs: SSSSS
Originally Posted by mikeef
The original article seems to be gone, but I can guess at what it says.

Mike
Revised Link to article here and at OP
Old Dec 30, 2011, 11:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Finally back in Boston after escaping from New York
The answer to every question on FT about why the TSA exists, why we have these stupid pat-downs, liquid restrictions, etc.:

While no successful terrorist attack using a plane has occurred since Sept. 11, elected officials would be reluctant to decrease the amount of security in airports, Jeffrey R. Sural, a former congressional liaison to the TSA now with Alston and Bird LLP in Washington, said in an interview.

“If the mandates were repealed, and the TSA had a pure risk-based strategy, it would not need as many people,” Sural said. “Politically, that’s still not sellable.
Mike

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.