Community
Wiki Posts
Search

TSA must search wild cat crate

Search this Thread

Old Dec 2, 2011, 7:33 pm
Original Poster

TSA must search wild cat crate

I'm a big fan of Big Cat Rescue, which is a wild cat sanctuary in Tampa for cats that cannot live in the wild but should not be privately owned. In this video, they are transporting a bobcat from CT to Tampa. SWA was nice and donated 3 seats after the other airlines wouldn't let the cat on board.

The TSA wanted the BCR worker to remove the cat from the carrier in the middle of the airport so they could search the carrier for contraband. Doesn't this seem ridiculous? Did they think she was engaged in a plot to bring something on board the plane by using the cat? They eventually gave her a room to remove the cat and searched in the crate.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=O9ytloon7TI
Old Dec 3, 2011, 10:48 am

Programs: United
I would have just pointed the TSO at the latches for the crate. If they want to open it they are more than welcome to do so.
Old Dec 3, 2011, 11:19 am

Originally Posted by Combat Medic
I would have just pointed the TSO at the latches for the crate. If they want to open it they are more than welcome to do so.
I guess the explosive sniffing dogs would be quite useless in this scenario.
Old Dec 3, 2011, 11:39 am

Programs: COdbaUA 1K MM, AA EXP, Bonbon Gold, GHA Titanium, Hertz PC, NEXUS and GE
Seriously - I'd tell the TSA to do their own dirty work and deal with the consequences.
Old Dec 5, 2011, 7:37 am

...as a cat "servant" who often has wild domestic cats in care after accidents or during illness I can just picture it!!!! You know I am giggling just thinking about it.
Old Dec 5, 2011, 10:47 am

"Hey, screener-boy, you gotta do what you gotta do, I guess. Be aware that you're taking full responsibility for searching a properly-contained wild, dangerous animal's crate - that's all on YOU. Have a great time! "

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.