Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Checkpoints and Borders Policy Debate
Reload this Page >

AIT Gumby software doesn't know what a turtleneck is...

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 4, 2011, 6:10 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA Ex Platinum & 1MM, DL PLT, Marriott Gold, HH Diamond

At least in ABQ, apparently, which resulted in a half-*** grope/grab/squeeze of the right side of my neck this morning.

How many billions of dollars have been spent on these machines again??

Last edited by scoow; Dec 4, 2011 at 5:56 pm Reason: edit/clarify title
Old Dec 4, 2011, 9:58 am

Programs: DL,AC,HH,PC
Originally Posted by txrus
At least in ABQ, apparently, which resulted in a half-*** grope/grab/squeeze of the right side of my neck this morning.

How many billions of dollars have been spent on these machines again??
Ah, not that kind of turtleneck .
Old Dec 4, 2011, 11:17 am

I may have come across the same guy.

One of ABQ's finest mental giants rubbed the bottom of each of my feet four times (both feet rubbed twice after screeing my back and repeated the same thing after he patted-down my front side) for a grand total of 8 rather creepy rubbies.

This isn't about security or even security theater. I think you got a jerk and I got was a perve.

Originally Posted by Wally Bird
Ah, not that kind of turtleneck .
Easy now. At least the pat-downs aren't that bad, YET.
Old Dec 4, 2011, 1:49 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Ex Platinum & 1MM, DL PLT, Marriott Gold, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by ScatterX
I may have come across the same guy.

One of ABQ's finest mental giants rubbed the bottom of each of my feet four times (both feet rubbed twice after screeing my back and repeated the same thing after he patted-down my front side) for a grand total of 8 rather creepy rubbies.

This isn't about security or even security theater. I think you got a jerk and I got was a perve.
Actually, I was referring to the gumby image from the 'new' software the scanners @ ABQ have & it apparently couldn't figure out what a turtleneck is-I have no idea how or why someone decided I was referring to the human screener, since there have been multiple posts about the 'gumby' image since the new software came out.
Old Dec 4, 2011, 7:45 pm

Nor does it understand pleats, layers of clothing, folds in clothing, sweat stains, and a number of other completely normal things, according to the tests in Germany.

Hence the failing grade given to the machines.
Old Dec 4, 2011, 8:02 pm

Originally Posted by txrus
Actually, I was referring to the gumby image from the 'new' software the scanners @ ABQ have & it apparently couldn't figure out what a turtleneck is-I have no idea how or why someone decided I was referring to the human screener, since there have been multiple posts about the 'gumby' image since the new software came out.
I misunderstood the grope. I confused half-***ed with an unnecessary over-grope. I've never had the pleasure of an under-grope. This led to my comment about having my feet accosted. Did the clerk say there was a problem with your turtleneck or was it just a cursory rubbing?

The fact that the AIT can’t resolve a turtleneck (the equipment can’t detect anything)—combined with the fact that the check was pathetic (the person isn’t going to detect anything)—shows the whole scanner concept is flawed.
Old Dec 5, 2011, 11:56 am

Perhaps ABQ received warnings about explosive goiters?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.