Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Checkpoints and Borders Policy Debate
Reload this Page >

112th Congress Joint Majority Staff Report - "A Decade Later: A Call for TSA Reform"

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

112th Congress Joint Majority Staff Report - "A Decade Later: A Call for TSA Reform"

Search this Thread

Old Nov 30, 2011, 10:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Finally back in Boston after escaping from New York
Originally Posted by N830MH

It's time to bring the non-ticketed passengers is allowed into the entire concourse again. They have trusted the visitors who likely to watched the plane and etc. They love aviation very much. They will promised to the visitors will not want to get into trouble at all. This should be trusted the non-ticketed passengers.
Absolutely! The number of people who would actually want to go through airport security for a reason other than flying (plane-watching, seeing off friends, etc.) is tiny. It would have no effects on screening times or safety.

Mike
Old Nov 30, 2011, 10:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

deleted. wrong thread

Last edited by Boggie Dog; Nov 30, 2011 at 10:58 am
Old Nov 30, 2011, 12:35 pm

Originally Posted by mikeef
Absolutely! The number of people who would actually want to go through airport security for a reason other than flying (plane-watching, seeing off friends, etc.) is tiny. It would have no effects on screening times or safety.
I'm not convinced that the number of non-passengers is as small as you might think. I can remember the days pre-9/11 when it was difficult to get off an airplane because of the throngs of people crowding around the gate to greet arriving passengers. (Of course, this was also the old DTW airport with really tiny concourses.)
Old Nov 30, 2011, 1:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Finally back in Boston after escaping from New York
Originally Posted by jkhuggins
I'm not convinced that the number of non-passengers is as small as you might think. I can remember the days pre-9/11 when it was difficult to get off an airplane because of the throngs of people crowding around the gate to greet arriving passengers. (Of course, this was also the old DTW airport with really tiny concourses.)
I never actually experienced that in MSP or BOS, so it may be an airport by airport thing, but I'm guessing that many of those people would simply wait outside security now, given what security is like now versus then.

Mike
Old Nov 30, 2011, 2:30 pm
Ambassador: Alaska Airlines

Programs: AS MVP Gold
"Aditionally, passengers and crew offer our first and most effective line of defense."

That's funny, the TSA tells me the passengers are the last layer of defense.

The TSA wants passengers to believe that they are powerless to help themselves, that the only way we can remain safe is by giving up ever-increasing amounts of liberty in favor of their crackpot technology, mysterious mindreaders, and random, unpredictable security policies. At least someone is calling their bluff.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.