Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Checkpoints and Borders Policy Debate
Reload this Page >

LHR security confiscates contact lens solution and mouthwash

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LHR security confiscates contact lens solution and mouthwash

Search this Thread

Old Nov 30, 2011, 12:23 am

Programs: BA Gold, LH FTL, KL/AF Ivory
I've had contact lens solution stolen from me at LHR security several times and finally got my doctor to write a prescription for it.
In principle the prescription drugs don't need to go into a "kippie" bag. The "kippie" bag is for ordinary liquids or OTC drugs. I usually don't bother with the prescription drugs and I just leave them in my carry-on and haven't had any bother with them.
However, LHR security agents aren't all that consistent either and YMMV.
Old Nov 30, 2011, 12:49 am

Originally Posted by 4TheRide
The question is: Is it really the rule at LHR that you cannot have an extra bag for prescriptions that are under 100 ml, and we have somehow been successfully getting by this rule every single time until now?
There is nothing in EU rules that says that you can have a separate bag for prescriptions... so this agent was following the rules to the letter.
Old Nov 30, 2011, 1:47 am

Programs: COdbaUA 1K MM, AA EXP, Bonbon Gold, GHA Titanium, Hertz PC, NEXUS and GE
Originally Posted by Aviatrix
There is nothing in EU rules that says that you can have a separate bag for prescriptions... so this agent was following the rules to the letter.
Um, the rules state that one may carry prescription medication. Remember that a doctor may prescribe an OTC medication as well as a prescription-only medication.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.