Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Checkpoints and Borders Policy Debate
Reload this Page >

TSO William Touzani fired by TSA for having displayed collage in workplace

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

TSO William Touzani fired by TSA for having displayed collage in workplace

Search this Thread

Old Nov 22, 2011, 2:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Originally Posted by tsadude1
Lets just say that Dallas was previously full of problem children and had a few FSDs who didnt do their jobs. The newest upper management is taking no prisoners.
I think they will fired FSD. Some of those AFSD/FSD who had no security aviation experienced before. They never was. This is unacceptable for the behavior. They did not have a capable rules and they were never have any experienced at all.
Old Nov 25, 2011, 4:29 pm

Programs: TSA
Originally Posted by WillCAD
Yes, and "Nobody I know voted for Nixon!"

The high school I attended had a drug problem. It was a MAJOR drug problem. There was a lot of product going through that school, on a daily basis, the entire 4 years I attended. In those 4 years, I saw it first-hand only once. But during my senior year, some Jump Streeters came to the school, and drug arrests were made on school grounds at the rate of 1-3 per week through the entire school year.

Just because you don't see something happening doesn't mean it isn't there. Sometimes it just means that you aren't part of it; sometimes it means you're wearing blinders; sometimes it means you're intentionally turning a blind eye.
As I indicated in the previous post.
Old Nov 29, 2011, 8:40 am

Programs: DL 0.22 MM, AA 0.34 MM, PC Plat Amb, Hertz #1 GC 5*
Originally Posted by N830MH
I think they will fired FSD. Some of those AFSD/FSD who had no security aviation experienced before. They never was. This is unacceptable for the behavior. They did not have a capable rules and they were never have any experienced at all.
That's a toughy. For a while, the people filling the roles of the FSD were, at least by their resume, some darned impressive people. Retired upper general staff of the military, retired members of the aviation community, etc. And they all had to get TS&A clearance, as a part of the role (well, they probably already had it, and might have gotten some compartmentalized clearances).

Yet... as you walk down the ranks to the DFSD, AFSD, DAFSD, etc, that's when the resume becomes a lot less impressive, and presumably as much the performance.
Old Dec 1, 2011, 5:18 am

Originally Posted by sbagdon
That's a toughy. For a while, the people filling the roles of the FSD were, at least by their resume, some darned impressive people. Retired upper general staff of the military, retired members of the aviation community, etc. And they all had to get TS&A clearance, as a part of the role (well, they probably already had it, and might have gotten some compartmentalized clearances).

Yet... as you walk down the ranks to the DFSD, AFSD, DAFSD, etc, that's when the resume becomes a lot less impressive, and presumably as much the performance.
Just about all DFSD and AFSD positions require TS clearance. I am uncertain about DAFSDs, but I suspect these require a TS clearance, too.

But I agree, just as in any organization, the further down the food chain you go, the less impressive - usually - the resume of the person holding that position. This is pretty much true where ever you go.

However, that is flawed logic to associate such positions with less impressive performance. There will be people in all levels of positions - at any agency, at any company - who perform well and those who perform badly.

Last edited by SATTSO; Dec 1, 2011 at 5:28 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.