Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Checkpoints and Borders Policy Debate
Reload this Page >

TSO William Touzani fired by TSA for having displayed collage in workplace

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

TSO William Touzani fired by TSA for having displayed collage in workplace

Search this Thread

Old Nov 21, 2011, 5:27 am

Programs: TSA
This is the same guy that wrote the books and did several different posters, right? Yeah, Screeners and virgins, and Confessions of a Rogue screener. The letter of termination is actually more detailed than some I have seen. This is a fairly easy boot considering the 14 day suspension in the same calendar year. We will see what comes of it, and whether he will appeal it.
Old Nov 21, 2011, 5:56 am

Originally Posted by RadioGirl
Unless the DFSD has also sacked every screener who has groped children, abused the elderly or disabled, or confiscated harmless items from passengers under threat of missing their flight, this is not "cleaning house", this is just a little light dusting.
^^
Old Nov 21, 2011, 6:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by tsadude1
You guys should send a thank you letter to the DFSD for cleaning house.
Why? He's just doing his job.
Old Nov 21, 2011, 7:28 am

Programs: WN Nothing and spending the half million points from too many flights, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by gsoltso
This is the same guy that wrote the books and did several different posters, right? Yeah, Screeners and virgins, and Confessions of a Rogue screener. The letter of termination is actually more detailed than some I have seen. This is a fairly easy boot considering the 14 day suspension in the same calendar year. We will see what comes of it, and whether he will appeal it.
Just saw your signature. Cute.

But, now I have my response: "What part of 'I do not talk to BDO's' are you not getting?"

And for the firing, deserved just for the books, and I am surprised he lasted this long. In industry, he would have had his personal items handed to him in a box long ago.

Lesson learned. Criticize the TSA, get the boot. Abuse passengers, get retrained.
Old Nov 21, 2011, 8:53 am

Programs: TSA
Originally Posted by InkUnderNails
Just saw your signature. Cute.

But, now I have my response: "What part of 'I do not talk to BDO's' are you not getting?"

And for the firing, deserved just for the books, and I am surprised he lasted this long. In industry, he would have had his personal items handed to him in a box long ago.

Lesson learned. Criticize the TSA, get the boot. Abuse passengers, get retrained.
I agree with you that writing and publishing the books (not for SSI, I did not really read them all that intently, but I didn't see any earth shattering SOP disclosures), and indicating that TSA profiled a specific group of people just because they were that people - that has not been my experience over the last 7 years. I can't say that it has never happened, but I have not been instructed like that (standardized training actually states the opposite), nor have I seen it be employed where I was working.
Old Nov 21, 2011, 10:51 am

Programs: Southwest Rapid Rewards. Tha... that's about it.
Originally Posted by gsoltso
I agree with you that writing and publishing the books (not for SSI, I did not really read them all that intently, but I didn't see any earth shattering SOP disclosures), and indicating that TSA profiled a specific group of people just because they were that people - that has not been my experience over the last 7 years. I can't say that it has never happened, but I have not been instructed like that (standardized training actually states the opposite), nor have I seen it be employed where I was working.
Yes, and "Nobody I know voted for Nixon!"

The high school I attended had a drug problem. It was a MAJOR drug problem. There was a lot of product going through that school, on a daily basis, the entire 4 years I attended. In those 4 years, I saw it first-hand only once. But during my senior year, some Jump Streeters came to the school, and drug arrests were made on school grounds at the rate of 1-3 per week through the entire school year.

Just because you don't see something happening doesn't mean it isn't there. Sometimes it just means that you aren't part of it; sometimes it means you're wearing blinders; sometimes it means you're intentionally turning a blind eye.
Old Nov 21, 2011, 11:15 am

Originally Posted by goalie
Wow!!!!!!

But imho, there has to be more to it (2nd offense, 3rd offense, etc) or is the TSA actually now holding by their zero tolerance policy?
What makes you think TSA is only now "holding by their zero tolerance policy"?

But yes, from what he himself has post, and what was cited in this letter, he had other offenses. This guy deserved to be fired.
Old Nov 21, 2011, 11:19 am

Originally Posted by Mr. Elliott
He will probably appeal it and get rehired, it is almost impossible to terminate a federal employee, unless it was a criminal action that was the cause of the termination.

Mr. Elliott
You really only display your lack of knowledge of the federal personnel practice here. My agency/office has terminated a number of people in the recent past for less than criminal conduct. It's not very hard to do if the supervisor does the job right.

In the case in question it's probably 50-50 but the insubordination charge (charge 2) is serious and can be hard to reverse.
Old Nov 21, 2011, 11:33 am

I believe every TSO should be dismissed based on the following quote from the termination letter:

"As a TSO, you are held to high standards of conduct and professionalism. You are required to conduct yourself in a manner that does not adversely reflect on TSA, negatively impact its ability to discharge its mission, cause embarrassment to the agency, or cause the public or TSA to question your reliability, judgment, or trustworthiness."
Old Nov 21, 2011, 12:55 pm
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
Originally Posted by SATTSO
Originally Posted by goalie
Wow!!!!!!

But imho, there has to be more to it (2nd offense, 3rd offense, etc) or is the TSA actually now holding by their zero tolerance policy?
What makes you think TSA is only now "holding by their zero tolerance policy"?

But yes, from what he himself has post, and what was cited in this letter, he had other offenses. This guy deserved to be fired.
Fair enough so let's just say that under Pistole's reign, there appears to be more openness about terminations ^ vs under "previous administrations" where all the public ever heard were things like "the TSA takes these matters very seriously and appropriate action will be taken" or "the TSO has been designated for re-training" and etc tho more often than not (imho), none were terminated and back on duty. Now in this particular situation, if there were previous offenses, then yes, this TSO in question goes bye-bye.
Old Nov 21, 2011, 5:55 pm

Originally Posted by RunsWithScissors
From the letter....

And Alvin Crabtree, who brought a firearm to work, and caught by one of his co-workers, is still employed.
Are we really surprised?
Old Nov 21, 2011, 7:21 pm

Programs: Mileage Plus, SW Rewards, WorldPerks, Barnes and Noble Frequent Buyers
I also considered your disciplinary history. In March 2011, you served a fourteen (14) day suspension for failure to follow procedures and failure to protect Sensitive Security Information (SSI). Additionally,I note that you were counseled in March 2003 for making inappropriate remarks about another co-worker in the workplace. Therefore, I consider your disciplinary history to be an aggravating factor.
Gee he had 2 disciplinary actions in 8 years. I worked with people who were written up several times a quarter and they maintained their jobs.
Old Nov 21, 2011, 8:52 pm

Originally Posted by AirlineBrat53
Gee he had 2 disciplinary actions in 8 years. I worked with people who were written up several times a quarter and they maintained their jobs.
But, more importantly, the more severe disciplinary action (resulting in the 14-day suspension) was only mere months before the final incident. That, to me, is more significant than the event 8 years prior.
Old Nov 21, 2011, 10:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Originally Posted by United_727
Are we really surprised?
Yes, this is real surprised for him.

Originally Posted by AirlineBrat53
Right, he had a several warning before but, he won't listen to his manager & supervisor, too. He had a many chance to kept his job but, unfortunately, he was fired from TSA. His behavior is not good at all. This is not acceptable for his behavior. He will no longer work for TSA. He will barred frmo TSA office and do don't go near airport property. He could be arrested for that. He could get charge as trespassing.
Old Nov 22, 2011, 12:24 am

Originally Posted by FliesWay2Much
Why? He's just doing his job.
Lets just say that Dallas was previously full of problem children and had a few FSDs who didnt do their jobs. The newest upper management is taking no prisoners.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.