Search

TSA Human Trafficking Interrogations

Search this Thread

Old Aug 1, 2011, 11:03 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by BillForster
Next time I fly, if they ask me to say my name, I am going to pretend I am mute. I want to see what they do with that.
Or act as if only conversant in some foreign language not intelligible to the TSA clerk asking the name question. Repeating responses -- distinct from answers -- in Finnish (or some other language not known by the particular TSA clerk asking the name question to you) may accomplish just about the same.
Old Aug 1, 2011, 11:26 pm

Programs: Double Unobtainium, Grace L. Ferguson Airline & Storm Door Co.
I may give them my name. And my parents' names. And ask them if they happen to know any of my family -- did you know my grandparents? Here's where they were born, and where all my cousins live now, and here's all the family history and gossip. And here's my shoe size, my girlfriend's favorite movies, my mother's best recipe, and I'll describe which dresser drawer I keep clean socks in, and, and, and...

If they want personal information about me, I can certainly give them a wealth of information that won't compromise my security but would hopefully bore them into submission.
Old Aug 2, 2011, 12:09 am

Ugh. Disturbing.

Originally Posted by Vidiot
If they want personal information about me, I can certainly give them a wealth of information that won't compromise my security but would hopefully bore them into submission.
Interesting tactic. Outlines of potential scripts are coming together in my mind...wonder if I could pull off the nervously overchatty non-terrorist flyer. It would be a stretch, for sure.
Old Aug 2, 2011, 6:30 am

Commonly used when a telemarketer starts with "how are you today?" Start with how your toes feel and work upwards ...
Old Aug 2, 2011, 6:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I may give them my name. And my parents' names. And ask them if they happen to know any of my family -- did you know my grandparents? Here's where they were born, and where all my cousins live now, and here's all the family history and gossip. And here's my shoe size, my girlfriend's favorite movies, my mother's best recipe, and I'll describe which dresser drawer I keep clean socks in, and, and, and...

I may start talking about my genital warts -- I think it might be herpes, but I'm not sure -- they stopped oozing the other day.
Old Aug 2, 2011, 7:15 am

This is an example of just adding more nonsense when they have no clue about true security. I have seen it many times. When someone is totally incompetent they start making stuff up to appear to know what they are doing.
The sad part is that TSA probably thinks this is somehow helping.
To all the rest of us, it only shows their ignorance and how silly the whole operation is.
Old Aug 2, 2011, 8:01 am

Programs: DL 0.22 MM, AA 0.34 MM, PC Plat Amb, Hertz #1 GC 5*
Originally Posted by RichardKenner
Commonly used when a telemarketer starts with "how are you today?" Start with how your toes feel and work upwards ...
It only really works in person, yet my best response is "terrible", and then just stare at them. And heaven save you if you ever ask how I'm feeling, and I don't want to be in a conversation with you...

Originally Posted by FliesWay2Much
I may start talking about my genital warts -- I think it might be herpes, but I'm not sure -- they stopped oozing the other day.
Forget that. External thrombosed hemorrhoids is a much better conversation starter.
Old Aug 2, 2011, 8:51 am

Originally Posted by sbagdon
It only really works in person.
Oh, no, it works by phone quite well, especially if the response to the expected attempt to cut you off by the telemarketer is "Now don't go interrupting me, young man! Didn't your mother ever teach you manners?"
Old Aug 2, 2011, 9:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

It only really works in person, yet my best response is "terrible", and then just stare at them. And heaven save you if you ever ask how I'm feeling, and I don't want to be in a conversation with you...

Forget that. External thrombosed hemorrhoids is a much better conversation starter.
Like these????? (Not Safe For Weak Stomachs!)

Cool! I'll rehearse something before my next trip. If I opt out, I'll warn my groper I have some and that he might make them burst -- sort of redefines "resistance."
Old Aug 2, 2011, 7:21 pm
KDS

Programs: Delta Diamond Medallion 1MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, National Car Executive Elite
...yet my best response is "terrible", and then just stare at them. And heaven save you if you ever ask how I'm feeling, and I don't want to be in a conversation with you...
The very few times I answer the screener's question about "How are you today?", my reply is "Normal." or "Don't know yet." I then stand silent.

However, I have to be in a really good mood to even give these responses.
Old Aug 2, 2011, 9:35 pm

Programs: TSA Disparager Gold
Here's the three innocuous questions they will be asking:

"Would you like fries with that?"

"Would you like to super-size it?"

"What kind of drink do you want?"

Old Jan 16, 2016, 11:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

TSA Human Trafficking Interrogations Alive & Well at IAD

I had to make a quick trip to the west coast and found myself in the NOS/groping queue at Dulles. While I was waiting my turn at the ID checker desk, I looked to the line to my left when I heard a clerk say, "Say your first and last name!" I looked over to my left and saw a young mother with two young daughters. The *itch female clerk (in every sense of the word) sternly looked at each kid and issued the command noted above. One daughter had to answer three times before the clerk was satisfied. The female clerk then broke into a fake smile while looking at the mother and said, "Thank you. You are free to go." 20/20 hindsight says that I should hold on to my iPhone to the last minute in order to capture these moments. I'm more concerned about a clerk stealing it, so it's hidden long before I get to the checkpoint.

While I fully expect the TSA clerks to be always looking for the Big Catch, I was disappointed by the mother just standing there allowing this interrogation to take place.

Is it just me, or do you guys get really p$$sed by this?

Epilogue: I did get some measure of revenge. By the time I got to the NOS and was making my opt-out decision, I noticed that the female clerk who interrogated the kids was now at the entrance of the NOS. That sealed the deal and I decided to go through the NOS. She told me to place my feet on the yellow markers. I intentionally came up short in the spread. Once again, she told me to place my feet on the yellow markers. I told her, "I'm doing the best I can. I have some genital warts that are really oozing right now." She looked at me in shock as I exited the NOS. I looked at her and said, "Well, if you interrogate young children, I just assumed you needed to know exactly why I couldn't spread my legs." She didn't get it.
Old Jan 17, 2016, 12:10 am

IMHO: not helpful to do this.
Old Jan 17, 2016, 4:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by saizai
IMHO: not helpful to do this.
Not helpful only because the screener was lacking the intelligence to understand,
Old Jan 17, 2016, 6:44 am

Originally Posted by FliesWay2Much
I had to make a quick trip to the west coast and found myself in the NOS/groping queue at Dulles. While I was waiting my turn at the ID checker desk, I looked to the line to my left when I heard a clerk say, "Say your first and last name!" I looked over to my left and saw a young mother with two young daughters. The *itch female clerk (in every sense of the word) sternly looked at each kid and issued the command noted above. One daughter had to answer three times before the clerk was satisfied. The female clerk then broke into a fake smile while looking at the mother and said, "Thank you. You are free to go." 20/20 hindsight says that I should hold on to my iPhone to the last minute in order to capture these moments. I'm more concerned about a clerk stealing it, so it's hidden long before I get to the checkpoint.

While I fully expect the TSA clerks to be always looking for the Big Catch, I was disappointed by the mother just standing there allowing this interrogation to take place.

Is it just me, or do you guys get really p$$sed by this?

Epilogue: I did get some measure of revenge. By the time I got to the NOS and was making my opt-out decision, I noticed that the female clerk who interrogated the kids was now at the entrance of the NOS. That sealed the deal and I decided to go through the NOS. She told me to place my feet on the yellow markers. I intentionally came up short in the spread. Once again, she told me to place my feet on the yellow markers. I told her, "I'm doing the best I can. I have some genital warts that are really oozing right now." She looked at me in shock as I exited the NOS. I looked at her and said, "Well, if you interrogate young children, I just assumed you needed to know exactly why I couldn't spread my legs." She didn't get it.
Of course she didn't get it, she's a TSA clerk. But thank you for your efforts. Did you by any chance get her name?

"Thank you. You are free to go."
That sounds as if the clerk was detaining them.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.