Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Checkpoints and Borders Policy Debate
Reload this Page >

Mocek now suing for civil rights violations

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Mocek now suing for civil rights violations

Search this Thread

Old Nov 30, 2011, 9:07 pm

Programs: AA Gold, WN A-, UA S, HH ♦, IHG Spire, Hertz Prez O, TSA Disparager
Originally Posted by greentips
Probably someone with more legal smarts/resources could. From the NM Case Lookup system here's what I found regarding Robert F. Dilley:

Case D-202-CV-198907272 , 1990 Pounds and 8 other plaintiffs v. City of Albuquerque, County of Sandoval, and Dilley, Robert F. among others
Type: Civil Rights.
Several defendants dismissed and some plaintiff's claims dismissed, City obtained a protective order at some point
A Settlement was stipulated in favor of plaintiffs on 4/03/1991
link

He appears on the NM Courts case lookup a bunch of times, mostly divorces and an auto accident. The one cited above stands out. He was sued by the State of NM in BCMetro Court for a parking violation and appeared in the same court on a domestic violence case (NM v. Dilley) in 2006.

So, one civil rights case settled in state courts, a bunch of divorces, parking issues and a domestic violence case charges were domestic violence, criminal damage to property, all charges dismissed in 2006 with the notation, "Pros Unwilling" and no plea.

There may be others, in federal courts, including Mocek v. Albuquerque et al.
The guy's a regular Prince Charming. I'm flying out of ABQ tomorrow so maybe I'll see him if he's still on the job which would be pitiful.
Old Dec 1, 2011, 10:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Finally back in Boston after escaping from New York
Originally Posted by Michael El
The guy's a regular Prince Charming. I'm flying out of ABQ tomorrow so maybe I'll see him if he's still on the job which would be pitiful.
I'll give you a cookie if you run up to him and say, "Wow, you're the guy I keep reading about in that lawsuit! You're totally famous. Can I have my picture taken with you?"

No, make that two cookies. Good ones.

Mike
Old Dec 1, 2011, 3:35 pm

> make that two cookies. Good ones.

Probably have better luck with glazed donuts!
Old Dec 1, 2011, 5:38 pm

Originally Posted by mikeef
I'll give you a cookie if you run up to him and say, "Wow, you're the guy I keep reading about in that lawsuit! You're totally famous. Can I have my picture taken with you?"

No, make that two cookies. Good ones.

Mike
So far I haven't seen a single LEO much less Silly Dilley.
Old Dec 10, 2011, 12:54 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Avis PC, Hertz PC, Sixt Plat, Marriott Gold, HH Silver
Good news for Phil: Federal Court Rules Videotaping Police Is A First Amendment Right
Old Dec 11, 2011, 8:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM-3MM United Gold-MM Marriott Lifetime Titanium Hertz President's Circle
That's a very nice decision!

Bruce
Old Dec 11, 2011, 11:27 am

Programs: DL 2.945MM/Gold, Hilton Diamond,
Originally Posted by bdschobel
That's a very nice decision!

Bruce
The best news I've heard in a long time!
Old Dec 11, 2011, 8:08 pm
Original Member

Programs: TSA Refusenik charter member
Originally Posted by CaptainMiles
The decision is from August, but yes, good for Phil and good for all of us.
Old Dec 12, 2011, 9:44 pm

Programs: QF Plat - OW EMD | DL Gold / Starwood Gold
I just sat down and read the entire complaint.

Looks good, Phil.

Will have to hop on pacer and see what the defendants filed for an answer and if a litigation plan and discovery schedule has been filed.

Federal Court, in my experience, is very structured and orderly compared to many state courts.

Will be interesting to see if this goes to trial or if it becomes a "can't comment, but litigation has been resolved to satisfaction of both parties"

I'd personally like to see it go to trial, but most cases never make it that far.

SDF
Old Feb 22, 2012, 3:10 am

Programs: Too many to list. Status is a half dozen.
The defense has filed their response to Phil's complaint on February 13, 2012. Real yawner. Acknowledge or admit very little, deny just about everything, request dismissal of entire complaint and award of defense fees. Nothing unexpected as far as I can tell. It's on PACER. Now Pmocek and the rest of us wait some more.
Old Feb 23, 2012, 12:16 pm
Ari
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ArizonaGuy
The defense has filed their response to Phil's complaint on February 13, 2012. Real yawner. Acknowledge or admit very little, deny just about everything, request dismissal of entire complaint and award of defense fees. Nothing unexpected as far as I can tell. It's on PACER. Now Pmocek and the rest of us wait some more.
The dispositive motions will be more interesting; the answer to a complaint almost never has anything interesting in it. It appears the TSA defendants have not yet answered; don't know if they've been served yet.

Last edited by Ari; Feb 23, 2012 at 12:21 pm
Old Feb 23, 2012, 1:45 pm

Originally Posted by Ari
The dispositive motions will be more interesting; the answer to a complaint almost never has anything interesting in it. It appears the TSA defendants have not yet answered; don't know if they've been served yet.
Right, I should have mentioned that. City Defendants and said attorneys are all that have filed the fairly generic answer to complaint.

Only being a novice legal nerd I have no idea what current deadlines are for filing anything in this case. I would like to know so I have an idea when I might find something new in PACER.
Old Feb 23, 2012, 7:16 pm

Flying out of ABQ tomorrow so I'll be looking for Dilley.
Old Feb 24, 2012, 6:15 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Ari
It appears the TSA defendants have not yet answered; don't know if they've been served yet.
Perhaps they're Googling for the right terminology for their response.
Old Feb 24, 2012, 2:47 pm

Originally Posted by Caradoc
Perhaps they're Googling for the right terminology for their response.
This Invision board software seriously needs a 'like post' feature.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.