FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Checkpoints and Borders Policy Debate (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/checkpoints-borders-policy-debate-687/)
-   -   TSO saying "heads up, got a cutie for you" (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/checkpoints-borders-policy-debate/1147497-tso-saying-heads-up-got-cutie-you.html)

CavePearl Nov 15, 2010 7:59 am

Originally Posted by janetdoe (Post 15141818)
Some people in my neck of the woods think DFW straddles two different countries. ;)

:D You just made my morning.

badjer17 Nov 15, 2010 10:40 am

i feel sick

I think it's crazy that our country is turning into Germany. I know it's a cliche to say, but the beginning of the end is when the government starts controlling travel. Soon these x-rays will be at bus stations! And the pat downs of pretty girls is getting out of hand. Worse the pat down of little kids.
Here's a link to a horrifying video of a little kid being pat down like a criminal! I AM OUTRAGED!! Why aren't we doing something about this!!

http://www.viralviralvideos.com/2010...ts-3-year-old/

jean43231 Nov 15, 2010 10:50 am

Denver TSA

The DEN TSA agents are in a group by themselves. One of my trips to visit them the agent actually told me "That hand sanitizer or lotion in your purse should be in your ziplop baggie, NEXT TIME put it in the bag with the rest of the little bottles" My response...."I will be glad to "NEXT TIME"

exbayern Nov 15, 2010 11:03 am

Originally Posted by badjer17 (Post 15144796)
I think it's crazy that our country is turning into Germany.

I beg to differ - perhaps of the past, but thankfully we have learned some very harsh lessons and people have learned to stand up and to question leadership. There is no WBI in use in Germany, and there were active movements against implementing WBI.

We also don't have the same level of fear of risk. I have posted several times about the number of UXBs which are discovered and defused every week around the country for instance.

SWFA Nov 15, 2010 11:07 am

Originally Posted by eyecue (Post 15140333)
date, time and location please!!!

Sorry..that is not happening....the specific incident will go through the proper channels and will be resolved by the appropriate people. I think it will be people above your pay grade. ;)

JoeBas Nov 15, 2010 12:51 pm

Originally Posted by JoeBas (Post 15133428)
Here's a question for our TSOs out there:

Are your radio transmissions routinely recorded and archived?

I'll ask AGAIN, since our resident TSOs have all but locked themselves in the fear bunker, except for the one Mahmoud Ahmadinejad-esque "holocaust denier" wanting to know the date/time/location...

IS THE TSA PROFESSIONAL ENOUGH TO RECORD THIS INFO? Yes, or no?

ಥ_ಥ Nov 15, 2010 1:22 pm

Almost 100,000 views in a day

For anyone reading this thread and wondering why it has got almost 100,000 views in a day, it's probably the 'Digg effect'. The thread has been linked on reddit (a 1980s version of Digg) ... the comments can be seen here, here, and here ... I'm not sure why there's so many pages but I think it's because the website isn't quite as advanced as Digg.

jordyn Nov 15, 2010 8:05 pm

Originally Posted by MaximumSisu (Post 15141475)
The linked statute applies to INTERSTATE communications.

Question: Does any US airport served by scheduled airline straddle a state border?

I think the question you meant to ask was:

Does any US airport served by scheduled airlines offer flights that travel between states?

To which the answer is pretty obvious.

Note that this isn't a defense of the TSA's actual operations in any way, but it seems pretty silly to suggest that the federal government wouldn't have jurisdiction over airline security.

MaximumSisu Nov 15, 2010 8:16 pm

Originally Posted by jordyn (Post 15150165)
I think the question you meant to ask was:

Does any US airport served by scheduled airlines offer flights that travel between states?

To which the answer is pretty obvious.

Note that this isn't a defense of the TSA's actual operations in any way, but it seems pretty silly to suggest that the federal government wouldn't have jurisdiction over airline security.

No such suggestion was made, merely pointed out that the referenced statute does not apply unless the transmission crosses state lines. Nothing to do with who has security jurisdiction.

RichardKenner Nov 15, 2010 8:20 pm

Originally Posted by jordyn (Post 15150165)

I don't think anybody was suggesting otherwise. The question, however, was one of intercepting radio communications and the question was whether communications that were being transmitted within an airport can be considered "interstate" communications just because they're being made by a Federal agency.

Getting back to the original topic here, if there does exist a recording of that communication and the TSO did say what was alleged, I think it's all over for the AIT: it'll become immediately clear that the potential for abuse is just too high.

birdstrike Nov 15, 2010 8:25 pm

Originally Posted by SWFA (Post 15145028)
Sorry..that is not happening....the specific incident will go through the proper channels and will be resolved by the appropriate people. I think it will be people above your pay grade. ;)

95% of the subjects discussed here are way above the pay grade of the participating screeners. The floor workers merely follow orders, try to make sense of them, and if truly indoctrinated, try to defend them. That is what makes TS&S such a great killing ground. Screeners want to justify their choice of jobs, but have their air supply throttled by their own management. If really imaginative, the confirmed cool-aid drinkers build elaborate air-castles of self-importance which adds to the overall jocularity.

Students of history knew from September 11th how this would unfold. The only surprise (to me) was how long it would take for this backlash to evolve.

iluv2fly Nov 15, 2010 8:51 pm

Originally Posted by jean43231 (Post 15144873)
The DEN TSA agents are in a group by themselves. One of my trips to visit them the agent actually told me "That hand sanitizer or lotion in your purse should be in your ziplop baggie, NEXT TIME put it in the bag with the rest of the little bottles" My response...."I will be glad to "NEXT TIME"

What am I missing here? They should have gone into the baggie if they are liquids or gels. Them's the rules.

NB: I am not in favor of these stupid rules whatsoever.

birdstrike Nov 15, 2010 9:07 pm

Originally Posted by iluv2fly (Post 15150838)
What am I missing here? They should have gone into the baggie if they are liquids or gels. Them's the rules.

NB: I am not in favor of these stupid rules whatsoever.

What you are missing is that screeners themselves are long past trying to put this particular genie back into the "bottle". Liquids and gel interdiction is relegated to the newly minted "screeners". Frequent flyers and anyone beyond two weeks worth of screening training don't give a flying. . .

Kippie bags are passe.

JoeBas Nov 16, 2010 9:03 am

Originally Posted by JoeBas (Post 15145927)
I'll ask AGAIN, since our resident TSOs have all but locked themselves in the fear bunker, except for the one Mahmoud Ahmadinejad-esque "holocaust denier" wanting to know the date/time/location...

IS THE TSA PROFESSIONAL ENOUGH TO RECORD THIS INFO? Yes, or no?

Absent ANYONE having the balls to answer this question, I'm going to have to assume the answer to this question is "No".

That said, how is this tolerated?

DiscountBusinessFlyer Nov 16, 2010 5:53 pm

Those idiots hiding in caves since 9/11 are now probably ROFL with the chaos they've finally caused.

How can I find out if there are any TSA employees in my neighborhood? Will the be in the register of sex offenders?