FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Checkpoints and Borders Policy Debate (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/checkpoints-borders-policy-debate-687/)
-   -   TSO saying "heads up, got a cutie for you" (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/checkpoints-borders-policy-debate/1147497-tso-saying-heads-up-got-cutie-you.html)

Boggie Dog Nov 14, 2010 8:54 pm

Originally Posted by eyecue (Post 15140333)
date, time and location please!!!

That would be SSI.

xSTRIKEx6864 Nov 14, 2010 8:55 pm

What would happen if you directly sued a TSO (not suing TSA, but suing the TSO directly) for harassment?

Scubatooth Nov 14, 2010 8:58 pm

Originally Posted by Boggie Dog (Post 15141548)
That would be SSI.

Touche -- that is classic back in your face.

LessO2 Nov 14, 2010 9:00 pm

I get the feeling that your bosses will soon be learning that information.

scraidin Nov 14, 2010 9:02 pm

a pair of tubstacking clerks discussing sop
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vi5oJ...eature=related :D

janetdoe Nov 14, 2010 9:51 pm

Originally Posted by MaximumSisu (Post 15141475)
Question: Does any US airport served by scheduled airline straddle a state border?

Some people in my neck of the woods think DFW straddles two different countries. ;)

hoyateach Nov 14, 2010 9:57 pm

The linked statute applies to INTERSTATE communications.

Question: Does any US airport served by scheduled airline straddle a state border?

I can think of several that are beside or near a state border - DCA, CVG, PDX - but none that actually straddle one.

Scubatooth Nov 14, 2010 10:16 pm

Originally Posted by janetdoe (Post 15141818)
Some people in my neck of the woods think DFW straddles two different countries. ;)

They would be wrong, DFWs address is in Grapevine, which is in tarrant county. Only the cargo(FedEx, UPS, DHL) ramps on the east side of the airport have irving addresses.

Tarrant County DA is Joe Shannon Jr. http://www.tarrantda.com/

birdstrike Nov 14, 2010 10:43 pm

Probably pretty much anywhere one of these machines operate. :rolleyes: There should be no fake shock from anyone here. Even adult sanctioned events where nude females are being paraded would not be immune from such comments. Imagine the ribald amusement garnered by those TSA minimum wage screeners. @:-)

It is the ones ogling the pre-teens that I worry about, cocooned in their safety-boxes. . .

Don't embarrass yourself by kidding yourself in public, eyecue.

FriendlySkies Nov 14, 2010 10:45 pm

Originally Posted by birdstrike (Post 15142006)
Probably pretty much anywhere one of these machines operate. :rolleyes: There should be no fake shock from anyone here. Even adult sanctioned events where nude females are being paraded would not be immune from such comments. Imagine the ribald amusement garnered by those TSA minimum wage screeners. @:-)

It is the ones ogling the pre-teens that I worry about, cocooned in their safety-boxes. . .

+1

Looks like the "resolution room" at DEN has no ceiling.. Anybody have a stink bomb or dirty diaper? :D

bluenotesro Nov 14, 2010 10:47 pm

If they said that about my girlfriend, you can be sure someone would be in traction by the end of the day and I'd be prepared to let the chips fall where they may....

Scubatooth Nov 14, 2010 10:52 pm

Originally Posted by bluenotesro (Post 15142020)
If they said that about my girlfriend, you can be sure someone would be in traction by the end of the day and I'd be prepared to let the chips fall where they may....

...and i would donate to the defense fund.

LV702 Nov 14, 2010 11:19 pm

Originally Posted by Scubatooth (Post 15142036)
...and i would donate to the defense fund.

Scubatooth, I beg you to give your tapes to Miami media outlets ;)

Scubatooth Nov 14, 2010 11:26 pm

Originally Posted by LV702 (Post 15142116)
Scubatooth, I beg you to give your tapes to Miami media outlets ;)

Well i have a friend that is driving from key west to vegas for a tradeshow right now as they have no plans on dealing with TSA BS especially since there carrying a large number of valuable historical artifacts for a display at the tradeshow. my laptop should be back to me by end of the week and a few Fedex packages landing in sunny florida by monday morning at the latest for a grand entrance. ;)

I want that DEN info to hit the news, thats much fresher and would be great material to hit the rotating oscillator (for those that dont get the joke-- in other words the .... hitting the fan)

Global_Hi_Flyer Nov 15, 2010 7:00 am

The linked statute applies to INTERSTATE communications.

The Feds have successfully applied other portions of the Communications Act to relatively low power radio transmissions (specifically as it relates to licensing of radio facilities).... even if they are hundreds of miles from a state border.