Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SOP discussion

Search this Thread

Old Dec 6, 2009, 11:05 pm

Originally Posted by bonoman
We're not talking agents in an airport, we're talking IT. I've been an IT consultant for over 10 years and have been astonished to find the rare gov't IT employee that works outside of Mon-Fri from 9-4. Someone got an urgent after hours call to "resolve" this foul-up.
Lol I wasn't talking airport agents either....
Old Dec 6, 2009, 11:06 pm

Programs: UA 2P
Originally Posted by SATTSO
No not at odds. It is very possible someone made the decision and post it, and one of their supervisors said "nope" and had it pulled. People get over ridden all the time.
Someone made the decision to post it in MARCH.

It's been live on the FBO site since March 9, 2009.

It got noticed on the big travel sites late Sat night/early Sun morning and then it is suddenly pulled on a Sunday night in Dec?

It's not like a supervisor overrode the decision an hour after it had been posted. It was live for nearly NINE FULL MONTHS before it got pulled.

Someone's getting a new ....... reamed first thing Monday morning, if they haven't already.
Old Dec 6, 2009, 11:06 pm

Originally Posted by RadioGirl
Like the part where the supervisor is responsible for making sure signage is correctly displayed?

I believe the bigger scandal is that many of the so-called SSI sections that were (clumsily) blacked out are really pedestrian. See post #3 for example. No one doubts that there are some things that need to be kept secret, but if these represent TSA's standard of "secret information", it's pretty lame. And I doubt that's changed significantly since the date of this document.
I've said before, I think much of what is SSI should be so. But that is just my opinion.
Old Dec 6, 2009, 11:10 pm

Originally Posted by Random_Flyer
Someone made the decision to post it in MARCH.

It's been live on the FBO site since March 9, 2009.

It got noticed on the big travel sites late Sat night/early Sun morning and then it is suddenly pulled on a Sunday night in Dec?

It's not like a supervisor overrode the decision an hour after it had been posted. It was live for nearly NINE FULL MONTHS before it got pulled.

Someone's getting a new ....... reamed first thing Monday morning, if they haven't already.
We are all guessing here. I know for a fact that parts of this document is out dated. I also know that TSA is not in a habit of posting old SOPs.

Where did I say it was pulled right after it was post?

It is possible a disgruntled employee post this. It could have just been a mistake. Someone at TSA could have changed their minds. Dunno.

I do know that thus document doesn't reveal any procedures as far as screening goes. Oh sure, you can see what it entails when an armed LEO flies (parts of this have been changed since this document), but so what? As far as procedures TSOs use to screen you, nothing is here. Sorry.
Old Dec 6, 2009, 11:18 pm

Programs: Delta Diamond (MM), Hilton Diamond, Avis President's Club
As far as procedures TSOs use to screen you, nothing is here. Sorry.
If that's the case, how would that apply to my last thread I started in S&S? I would have called over an LEO to stop the lack of common sense used in the last unconstitutional search I was subjected to had I been blessed with the knowledge in this document. At no time was it offered to me that I had that right.

Where logic is there in not making that information available to me?
Old Dec 6, 2009, 11:30 pm

If that's the case, how would that apply to my last thread I started in S&S? I would have called over an LEO to stop the lack of common sense used in the last unconstitutional search I was subjected to had I been blessed with the knowledge in this document. At no time was it offered to me that I had that right.

Where logic is there in not making that information available to me?
Sorry, not sure what issue your talking about.

Note that I am not saying at all that TSOs or higher do everything right. We know for a fact that some do not; I have never refuted that, in fact, I have always made that claim too.

What I am saying is true: this document reveals nothing about the procedures a TSO needs to do to complete their job (which is different than saying a TSO dis their job badly, which is I guess the claim (and I have no reason not to believe you) you are making).

Or look at it this way. Can you find in this document the established procedures - or steps - a TSO needs to do, in order, to search your property, or to pat you down?
Old Dec 6, 2009, 11:49 pm

Sorry, not sure what issue your talking about.

Or look at it this way. Can you find in this document the established procedures - or steps - a TSO needs to do, in order, to search your property, or to pat you down?
That's funny since you were the first person to reply to that thread.

My concern wasn't what the agent needed to do (ahem, or NOT do), but what rights I had as a passenger and why those policies that apparently were documented weren't available to the traveling public. This publication reveals that things should have gone differently. Even criminals (read: how TSA sees everyone) have rights and are entitled to know what they are.

As a refresher, this was the thread I was referring to:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trave...-h-ll-msp.html
Old Dec 7, 2009, 7:05 am

Originally Posted by LoganTSO
Already on it.

Too bad everyone has gone home for the night.
Just to let you know, TSA has employees working 24 hours a day, even in offices. My airport closes for around 6 to 8 hours a night, depending in the terminal, yet we have employees working every night. I know for a fact DHS HQ and TSA HQ have some of their offices open 24/7 every day, no holidays.
So SATTSO, did you report the leak of SSI last night as you are required to since you knew the offices that were open? I guess Boston doesn't get the same kind of access.
Old Dec 7, 2009, 7:50 am

Programs: TSA TSO
Originally Posted by ND Sol
So SATTSO, did you report the leak of SSI last night as you are required to since you knew the offices that were open? I guess Boston doesn't get the same kind of access.
Well, technically, he's right.

I'm just saying that for the the most part, the SSI guy went home for the night along with the bigwigs.

There's only a skeleton crew on staff in our coordination center that answer phones and direct the overnight shifts around. And they'd probably just log it for when the bigwigs and the rest of staff come back in the morning.
Old Dec 7, 2009, 8:08 am

That's funny since you were the first person to reply to that thread.

My concern wasn't what the agent needed to do (ahem, or NOT do), but what rights I had as a passenger and why those policies that apparently were documented weren't available to the traveling public. This publication reveals that things should have gone differently. Even criminals (read: how TSA sees everyone) have rights and are entitled to know what they are.

As a refresher, this was the thread I was referring to:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trave...-h-ll-msp.html
Ah, now I remember. Sorry, much is post here

I wonder, what should have happened, do you think, after reading this sop?
Old Dec 7, 2009, 8:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

So anyone want to bet that TSA says nada about having this document out on the web and so poorly redacted as to be the same as clear text?

I would even bet that no one is held accountable inside TSA for this since accountability is apparently not required of TSA employees.

And do keep in mind, these are the people who claim to be on the "Front Lines" on the war on terror.

I feel really safe with TSA on the job!
Old Dec 7, 2009, 8:15 am

Originally Posted by ND Sol
Did I report it? Nope. Not really worried about it. Obviously someone took it off line, right?
Old Dec 7, 2009, 8:27 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry9630/4.7.1.40 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105)

I contacted the Office of Public Affairs this morning for a comment. I have spoken with someone there and thus far received a "no comment" but a promise of follow-up later. We'll see what comes of it.
Old Dec 7, 2009, 8:27 am

Ah, now I remember. Sorry, much is post here

I wonder, what should have happened, do you think, after reading this sop?
Under "2.12. INDIVIDUALS WHO REFUSE SCREENING OF ACCESSIBLE PROPERTY", Section B - "The STSO must then offer the individual a final opportunity to complete the screening process. If the individual continues to refuse screening, the STSO must notify an LEO and ensure that screening of
the individual’s accessible property is completed, either by TSA or an LEO."
Old Dec 7, 2009, 8:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by sbm12
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry9630/4.7.1.40 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105)

I contacted the Office of Public Affairs this morning for a comment. I have spoken with someone there and thus far received a "no comment" but a promise of follow-up later. We'll see what comes of it.
Curious as to what your questions to TSA were?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.