Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

No Fee Amtrak Mastercard ---> United or Continental Freq. Flyer Points!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

No Fee Amtrak Mastercard ---> United or Continental Freq. Flyer Points!

Search this Thread

Old Jan 10, 2002, 6:53 pm
Original Poster

You are right... I see (in the T&C's) under section E. Amtrak Guest Rewards Conditions, point #2 that "will not expire as long as the Program continues and the Member purchases travel on Amtrak within a 3-year period"...

Well, since the program just started, we all have 3 years to take that Amtrak ride...
Old Jan 11, 2002, 6:39 pm

The reason that I asked my question and got this thread a bit off topic was two fold. I knew about the 3 year ride requirement and wanted to know if that ticket would satisfy the requirement. Know I am apt to take this Air Train to NYC the next time I am in town and could kill two birds with one stone. Second, I think that there is a 500 point bonus if you ride the train within something like three months when you sign up for the program. With so many people on FT planning to max their reward points just thought someone would have tried to max points on a cheap NYC ride just before applying for the card.
Old Jan 29, 2002, 10:56 am
LGA

Programs: AS; AA; UA; DL; VS; BA; Nat'l Emer. Exec.; AGR
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Redhead:
Highgamma if you are interested in Hilton HHonours points I would get the Citibank Hilton HHonours Visa rather than the Amtrak card. You earn 2 points per $ (3 pts on HH charges), no annual fee, and no hassle of transferring points - plus you can get it in a VISA.
</font>
If highgamma doesn't charge a whole lot at Hilton, the Amtrak card might be advantageous since it, too, offers 2pts/$ charged (although it takes 5,000 points to redeem for the 10,000 Hilton points). See the Partner Rewards link here: http://www.amtrakguestrewards.com/

And having the option of redeeming for something else (CO, Sheraton) might be nice.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.