Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 27, 2023, 7:19 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: philemer
The previous thread is here: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chas...20-2022-a.html

In April 2020 Chase criteria for approving BUSINESS card applications became more stringent. All Chase INK products are business cards. Chase also issues co-branded business cards for United Airlines (2 different biz cards), Southwest Airlines (2 different biz cards), Hyatt and IHG.

Chase business cards are subject to the 5/24 restriction. Approval of a Chase business application does not increase the N/24 count, but there are a few reports in the 4th quarter of 2022 that this may have changed. Review THIS thread. There will always be some uncertainty, because 5/24 is an unpublished rule which Chase can modify without notice or explanation.

For general information about applying for Chase cards, including explanation of the unpublished 5/24 rule, please review the Wikipost of the PERSONAL card thread: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chas...ds-2023-a.html

Anyone can apply for a business card as a sole proprietor. If your business has a registered company name, which Chase can verify, you may use the name to apply. Otherwise, use your legal First and Last name as the business name. Do not add any extra words, do not use a made up name. If Chase cannot verify the name the application will fail.

Useful Chase telephone numbers
(888) 269-8690 - Business Credit Card Application Status Line, automated
(800) 453-9719 – Business Credit Card Reconsideration Line with live rep
(800) 453-9719 – Credit Reallocation Office (Business cards)
(888) 622-7547 – Executive Offices

Twitter: @ChaseSupport

Note: The automated Status Line often shows no record of business card applications. This does NOT mean that there is a problem with your application. You will need to contact Chase to learn the status, or wait for Chase to contact you.

You can use a single Username on chase.com to manage both Business and Personal card accounts, but you will initially need to set them up separately, and then telephonically ask customer service to combine them by merging the Personal account into the Business account. It cannot be done the other way. Once personal account is merged to business account, if all business cards are closed while keeping one (or more) personal cards open, online access to all cards will terminate and a new personal (online) account will need to be created using a different username than previous personal account.

Update: It is possible now to link Business and Personal accounts online. First set them up separately, then log into the Business account and follow this click path: Icon at the top right that looks like a person -> Profile & Settings -> Account Settings -> Manage Linked Accounts. Then look for the "Link relationship" option for the personal accounts. For more information on linking accounts: How to link Chase personal and business accounts?

Print Wikipost

Applying for Chase BUSINESS Cards (2023-24)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 20, 2023, 10:31 am

Originally Posted by IkeEsq
P2 was just approved for an Ink 100K Business Preferred card but CL of only $5K (only current Biz card). The required spend is $15K in 3 months and I expect to be putting $13-15K on the card per month. Is there a way to increase the CL without an interrogation? Alternately, is there a problem with making multiple payments in a month?
Are these business expenses or personal expenses?

If you have a legit business with legit expenses, I do no see what the concern with calling Chase will be. I have seen some people on here say that after a few month chase automatically increased their credit limit
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Feb 20, 2023, 4:13 pm

Programs: Navy A-4 Skyhawk, B727 FE/FO, S80 FO, B757/767 FO, B737 CA
Originally Posted by IkeEsq
P2 was just approved for an Ink 100K Business Preferred card but CL of only $5K (only current Biz card). The required spend is $15K in 3 months and I expect to be putting $13-15K on the card per month. Is there a way to increase the CL without an interrogation? Alternately, is there a problem with making multiple payments in a month?
This happened to me in Aug '21 for the same card and it was my first one so I couldn't transfer any CL over from another card. I just paid off the card every week to try to keep it below the 30% utilization so it wouldn't hit my credit report. Within three days of making the spend for the sign-up bonus, they doubled my CL to $10,000. It's almost as if they do this on purpose to see if we might not make the spend.
I just closed an Ink Cash but made sure I transferred the limit from that one to my Preferred prior to closing (actually, at the same time).
Boraxo and SPLP007 like this.
Old Feb 20, 2023, 8:35 pm

Originally Posted by Boraxo
If P2 has another biz card it is usually just a quick call and they are happy to reallocate credit from the other card. If this is the 1st card then your only choice may be to make mid-cycle payments. This should not be a problem so long as you are making legit charges and not MS.
Originally Posted by Schnit
Are these business expenses or personal expenses?

If you have a legit business with legit expenses, I do no see what the concern with calling Chase will be. I have seen some people on here say that after a few month chase automatically increased their credit limit
Originally Posted by fredc84
This happened to me in Aug '21 for the same card and it was my first one so I couldn't transfer any CL over from another card. I just paid off the card every week to try to keep it below the 30% utilization so it wouldn't hit my credit report. Within three days of making the spend for the sign-up bonus, they doubled my CL to $10,000. It's almost as if they do this on purpose to see if we might not make the spend.
I just closed an Ink Cash but made sure I transferred the limit from that one to my Preferred prior to closing (actually, at the same time).
Thanks for the info!

I know some issuers used to have a problem with multiple payments in a month, although I think that was about people doing a lot of MS. This is all legitimate expenses.

Mostly D2 does not like calling credit card companies, so I try to limit it to closing old cards and other necessities.

I am fine making multiple payments a month as necessary, it is just a bit annoying. I don't really care if it shows up on a CR, we are not churning heavily anymore. If they at least double the CL after we hit the bonus that would be great.
Old Feb 21, 2023, 10:22 am

Programs: B6 M4, AA Plat Pro, WoH Globalist, IHG Diamond Amb, MB Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
90k CIC CIU can still be churned using same SSN and company name right?
Old Feb 22, 2023, 8:32 am

Originally Posted by Schnit
I have seen some people on here say that after a few month chase automatically increased their credit limit
P2 got a CIC a couple months ago. She was initially given a $3,000 credit limit. Just a couple days ago I happened to notice that the credit limit is now $5,200. It was not requested. She has a couple personal Chase cards, but no other Chase business card.
Old Feb 22, 2023, 9:14 pm

Is there a minimum wait period to apply again after a denial?

Applied for a CIC about a month ago and was rejected because Chase somehow wasn't able to find my credit report, despite already having a Chase personal card for almost a year now.

Ideally I'd wait for the 1 year mark but I don't really want to lose out on the current offers
Old Feb 22, 2023, 9:42 pm
mia
Flyertalk Posting Legend Moderator: Credit Card Programs, American Express, Capital One, Chase, Citi, Diners Club, Signatures.

Programs: HH & IHG Gold; Marriott & AA Perpetual Platinum
Originally Posted by jk1087
....Chase somehow wasn't able to find my credit report.....
Are you sure it was your personal credit report that was missing rather than information about your business?
Old Feb 22, 2023, 10:47 pm

I applied as a sole prop, they specifically said they were unable to match my ITIN to a credit report
Old Feb 23, 2023, 6:31 am
mia
Flyertalk Posting Legend Moderator: Credit Card Programs, American Express, Capital One, Chase, Citi, Diners Club, Signatures.

....unable to match my ITIN to a credit report
ITIN would be associated with a business. When you reapply omit the ITIN and do not use a Company name other than your personal legal name.
Old Feb 23, 2023, 6:53 am

ITIN is an individual tax identification number, it's the equivalent of an SSN for non citizens.

It has nothing to do with a business
Old Feb 23, 2023, 10:32 am

Programs: MR, AA, UA, DL, AVIS and growing
Originally Posted by mia
ITIN would be associated with a business. When you reapply omit the ITIN and do not use a Company name other than your personal legal name.
Is there any DP's when applying for Chase Ink CC's of carrying a large balance and getting approved? Interested in what the balance amount on business cards was at time of application
and amount of credit still available. So if you have CL=$10k and are carrying $3-4k balance which Chase allows per Ink promo at 0% , 12 mo, was that 2nd still approved?
Then if you had a 2nd ink card same criteria Cl=$10k balance of $3k at 0% interest for 12 mo how it effected the next application.
Payments are being made to lower balance but the cards are not paid in full before next application.

Ink cards perk is to carry 0%n balance for 12 mo and there is no card utilization issue reported to CBs but no DP how this is impacted.
fei3030 and zeer0 like this.
Old Feb 23, 2023, 10:40 am
mia

ITIN is an individual tax identification number,
Too many acronyms, I was thinking of an EIN. Sorry for the distraction.
Old Feb 23, 2023, 10:57 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, AA PPro, Hyatt Globalist, Amex Plat
Is there a minimum wait period to apply again after a denial?

Applied for a CIC about a month ago and was rejected because Chase somehow wasn't able to find my credit report, despite already having a Chase personal card for almost a year now.

Ideally I'd wait for the 1 year mark but I don't really want to lose out on the current offers
I applied as a sole prop, they specifically said they were unable to match my ITIN to a credit report
If Chase said that they could not match your ITIN to a credit report, what makes you think that reapplying a month later will cause them to be able to match your ITIN to a credit report?

Regards
Old Feb 23, 2023, 5:27 pm

Originally Posted by scubadu
If Chase said that they could not match your ITIN to a credit report, what makes you think that reapplying a month later will cause them to be able to match your ITIN to a credit report?

Regards
Because they presumably approved me for the personal card based on my ITIN and credit report.

They're also pulling my credit report each time so there is something wrong on their end and it's impossible to get a straight answer from their agents
Old Feb 24, 2023, 7:00 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, AA PPro, Hyatt Globalist, Amex Plat
Because they presumably approved me for the personal card based on my ITIN and credit report.

They're also pulling my credit report each time so there is something wrong on their end and it's impossible to get a straight answer from their agents
I understand that. What I don't understand is why you think that just randomly waiting a month (or a year) will "automagically" fix the "something wrong on their end."

Regards

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.