FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Chase | Ultimate Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase-ultimate-rewards-722/)
-   -   Q4 2021 Chase Freedom Cards--5% bonus: Walmart & Paypal Purchases (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase-ultimate-rewards/2052455-q4-2021-chase-freedom-cards-5-bonus-walmart-paypal-purchases.html)

txpenny Sep 14, 2021 8:43 am

Q4 2021 Chase Freedom Cards--5% bonus: Walmart & Paypal Purchases

Q4 2021 Chase Freedom / Flex 5% bonus: Walmart & Paypal Purchases

Apologies if this thread has already been started.

This seems like it might be tough to maximize the quarterly bonus. Has a wiki been set up somewhere that shows what online merchants accept paypal payments?

mia Sep 14, 2021 9:34 am

Paypal ran a promotion with American Express in the first half of 2021. The offer was structured differently, but you should be able to use the Wikipost as a starting point to see which merchants accept PayPal:

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/amer...june-30-a.html

RedPanda5 Sep 14, 2021 10:47 am

Originally Posted by txpenny (Post 33566871)
Q4 2021 Chase Freedom / Flex 5% bonus: Walmart & Paypal Purchases

Apologies if this thread has already been started.

This seems like it might be tough to maximize the quarterly bonus. Has a wiki been set up somewhere that shows what online merchants accept paypal payments?

Actually this is the easiest qtr to max out, hookup your paypal key (virtual debit card) to your chase freedom card and you can spend anywhere online or over the phone that takes master card with a few exceptions now like not being able to pay your taxes.

What is PayPal Key and where can I use it?

lkar Sep 14, 2021 2:41 pm

PayUSATax allows you to make estimated tax payments for a 2 percent fee using a paypal account and I believe that has qualified for 5x in the past. So, a fairly easy way to generate 5x points from your living room for about .40 cents per point assuming it still works. I believe you are limited only to two payments per processor and I don't think estimated taxes for Q4 can be paid online until later in the year so you may need to wait for December.

txpenny Sep 15, 2021 6:25 am

Originally Posted by mia (Post 33567000)
Paypal ran a promotion with American Express in the first half of 2021. The offer was structured differently, but you should be able to use the Wikipost as a starting point to see which merchants accept PayPal:

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/amer...june-30-a.html

Thanks, Mia. Any reason I shouldn't duplicate that list in the wiki for this thread?

txpenny Sep 15, 2021 6:30 am

Originally Posted by lkar (Post 33567853)
PayUSATax allows you to make estimated tax payments for a 2 percent fee using a paypal account and I believe that has qualified for 5x in the past. So, a fairly easy way to generate 5x points from your living room for about .40 cents per point assuming it still works. I believe you are limited only to two payments per processor and I don't think estimated taxes for Q4 can be paid online until later in the year so you may need to wait for December.

I have a few chase quarterly cards, otherwise I would use the pay tax service I'll be applying for the business card and using the tax payment to cover the SUB spend.

mia Sep 15, 2021 7:02 am

Originally Posted by txpenny (Post 33569313)
Thanks, Mia. Any reason I shouldn't duplicate that list in the wiki for this thread?

That would be a good start.

coolfish1103 Sep 16, 2021 12:39 am

Looks like a good use if you got 2 cards!

txpenny Sep 16, 2021 6:26 am

The spouse and I have 3 cards. I believe I read somewhere that RNE has 6? It was written in first person speak, I believe.

DeltaNeutral28 Sep 16, 2021 8:02 am

Does Paypal have a timeline for everyone to have ability to get Paypal Key ?

Chris58 Sep 18, 2021 1:13 am

I believe the limit of two payments per processor you reference is actually an IRS "Velocity Limit" of two 1040ES online payments per taxpayer, (not processor). as per IRS online taxpayer account specific account info. :(

Personally, I have two old Freedoms and a flex. I'd love to use this play to max out 4Q 5x on all three with a few clicks, (but I assume I can only do two).

If anyone has any contrary information I'd appreciate hearing/reading it..:)

txpenny Sep 18, 2021 1:44 pm

Originally Posted by Chris58 (Post 33577299)
I believe the limit of two payments per processor you reference is actually an IRS "Velocity Limit" of two 1040ES online payments per taxpayer, (not processor). as per IRS online taxpayer account specific account info. :(

Personally, I have two old Freedoms and a flex. I'd love to use this play to max out 4Q 5x on all three with a few clicks, (but I assume I can only do two).

I believe you are correct, there are three services. I could go back and look them up from my 2019 tax year, but I made 6 payments using multiple services.

lkar Sep 18, 2021 2:28 pm

Originally Posted by Chris58 (Post 33577299)

Originally Posted by txpenny (Post 33578403)
I believe you are correct, there are three services. I could go back and look them up from my 2019 tax year, but I made 6 payments using multiple services.

Yes, two per processor per person. I have also done 6 by using all 3 processors. The problem is that only one processor takes PayPal I think.

Chris58 Sep 19, 2021 12:09 am

Originally Posted by txpenny (Post 33578403)

Originally Posted by lkar (Post 33578487)
Yes, two per processor per person. I have also done 6 by using all 3 processors. The problem is that only one processor takes PayPal I think.

I realize I left something out of my post about my understanding of IRS "Velocity Limits".

My Understanding is that this IRS velocity limit for 1040ES payments via one of the 3 processors they accept is two 1040 ES payments "Per Quarter" for any taxpayer.

Question for you guys, were the six 1040ES payments you made in a single tax year during a single quarter, (or spread across three quarters)??;)

lkar Sep 19, 2021 1:14 am

Originally Posted by Chris58 (Post 33579360)
I realize I left something out of my post about my understanding of IRS "Velocity Limits".

My Understanding is that this IRS velocity limit for 1040ES payments via one of the 3 processors they accept is two 1040 ES payments "Per Quarter" for any taxpayer.

Question for you guys, were the six 1040ES payments you made in a single tax year during a single quarter, (or spread across three quarters)??;)

Per quarter. But I believe all of them do not open up estimated tax payments for the quarter until about 30-45 days before the due date. So for purposes of the freedom 5x you probably have to wait until December to make estimated tax payments.