Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

A few questions about the Chase Freedom Flex

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

A few questions about the Chase Freedom Flex

Search this Thread

Old Sep 20, 2021, 1:43 pm
mia
Flyertalk Posting Legend Moderator: Credit Card Programs, American Express, Capital One, Chase, Citi, Diners Club, Signatures.

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Chase is still offering 5% on groceries. Here are the terms of the current offer:

5% Cash Back in the grocery store category (excluding Walmart and Target) until the earlier of the end of your first 12 months or first $12,000 spent: You’ll earn 5% Cash Back rewards total for each $1 spent on purchases in the grocery store category (excluding Walmart and Target) made within your first 12 months from account opening, or until you reach $12,000 in grocery store purchases, whichever occurs first (4% additional Cash Back rewards on top of the 1% Cash Back rewards earned on each purchase). The additional 4% Cash Back rewards will appear on your billing statement in a separate line from the base 1% Cash Back rewards.
If your first statement period ended 10.18.2020 your 12th statement cycle ended 9.18.2021, but if the first cycle was short it should run to 9.30.2021. This should be very easy to confirm with Chase customer service.
Old Apr 16, 2023, 9:53 am

Programs: DL Gold, Hilton Gold, Carnival VIFP Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Chase Freedom vs. Freedom Flex SUB?

I'm a legacy holder of the original Chase Freedom card, and I also have had a CFU card for a few years now.

If I apply for a Chase Freedom Flex, will I still be eligible for the sign-up bonus for the Flex? Or does my holding of the OG CF and CFU cards preclude me from getting the SUB?

The language for Sapphire cards make it clear that they preclude you from SUBs for other Sapphire products, but the language seems a bit more ambiguous when I see SUB fine print for the Freedoms.

Any data points or guidance would be most helpful. Thanks!
Old Apr 16, 2023, 9:59 am
mia
Flyertalk Posting Legend Moderator: Credit Card Programs, American Express, Capital One, Chase, Citi, Diners Club, Signatures.

Originally Posted by aoumd
If I apply for a Chase Freedom Flex, will I still be eligible for the sign-up bonus for the Flex? ....
Yes. Holding other Freedom cards does not disqualify a bonus.
Old Feb 29, 2024, 1:12 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, Amex Platinum
Second Freedom Flex to take advantage of 5% gas/grocery bonus

Hi there,

I've had a Freedom Flex for about a year and a half and was quite happy with the special offer 5% grocery bonus for the first year. Now there's a new Freedom Flex offer that would give 5% on groceries and gas for the first year after account opening. I understand that I wouldn't qualify for the 20k UR points spend bonus, but even without that bonus the card is very appealing for my everyday spend. What are my best options to get this offer?

For context, I currently have the Freedom Unlimited and the Sapphire Reserve, as well as the IHG and Hyatt cards from Chase. Is there a way to downgrade the Flex to something else or would I have to cancel it? Thanks!
Old Feb 29, 2024, 2:27 pm
mia

Originally Posted by OWBA
..... I understand that I wouldn't qualify for the 20k UR points spend bonus,
Chase will not approve the application if you are not eligible for the bonus.

This product is not available to either (i) current cardmembers of this credit card, or (ii) previous cardmembers of this credit card who received a new cardmember bonus for this credit card within the last 24 months.
Wait until 24 months after the previous bonus posted to your UR account. If the offer is still attractive, change the Freedom Flex to a different type of Freedom card,
Old Mar 4, 2024, 7:49 am

Hi there,

I've had a Freedom Flex for about a year and a half and was quite happy with the special offer 5% grocery bonus for the first year. Now there's a new Freedom Flex offer that would give 5% on groceries and gas for the first year after account opening. I understand that I wouldn't qualify for the 20k UR points spend bonus, but even without that bonus the card is very appealing for my everyday spend. What are my best options to get this offer?

For context, I currently have the Freedom Unlimited and the Sapphire Reserve, as well as the IHG and Hyatt cards from Chase. Is there a way to downgrade the Flex to something else or would I have to cancel it? Thanks!
Depending on how long you have had your other cards you may be able to change some things up to do it. Change your Unlimited to the second Flex and then apply for a new Unlimited to get the bonus there instead
Old Apr 13, 2024, 1:04 pm

Programs: AS 75K (OW), SK Silver (*A), UR, MR
Now there's a new Freedom Flex offer that would give 5% on groceries and gas for the first year after account opening.
Is the offer still valid?
Old Apr 13, 2024, 4:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by vanillabean
Is the offer still valid?
Not a public one. There may [or may not] be some referral link offers that are still active, but most if not all of those expired last month.
Old Apr 14, 2024, 7:02 pm

Programs: AA GLD, AC
Originally Posted by anrkitec
Not a public one. There may [or may not] be some referral link offers that are still active, but most if not all of those expired last month.
I got that offer via an in-branch application at the end of February. Just a data point.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.