Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sapphire Reserve Lyft Pink benefit ending?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 12, 2021, 6:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by restrictonthehanger
I just signed up for the first time this week using the CSR benefit, and the benefits listing stated that the priority pickups would be at airports only.

Interesting enough, I also got sent a survey link where they mentioned possibly expanding priority pickup to be a Pink benefit in general, as opposed to airports only...
I think I didn't realize it was airports only. I just flew into PDX last week and there were a ton of people waiting for rides, since they're still matching riders and drivers, rather than doing PINs, but I did only wait about 5 minutes. I've had some close calls in the past few months where the pickup time was looking like a half hour or more, but usually ended up less than 20 minutes. Once things get back to normalish, priority won't matter much at the airports I use because they'll go back to the PIN system, but priority for pickups from home would be useful.
Old Jun 13, 2021, 2:12 pm

I barely use Lyft, so this isn't a huge loss to me. However, the idea of "limited time" perks on a travel card kind of rub me the wrong way, since the annual fee obviously doesn't go down when the perks go away. I guess you can look at it as part of the signup bonus, but to be viable over the long term, a travel credit card needs to have a substantial number of benefits that last in perpetuity (I mean, I realize that things change over time, partnerships end, etc. but that is very different from "you get this for the first 12 months and then it goes away even though you're paying the same amount").
emma dog, Halo117, Wyfind and 5 others like this.
Old Jun 17, 2021, 2:24 pm

I tried to cancel Lyft Pink as it is set to expire (June 19) but there is no cancel button as noted by Lyft instructions.
"To cancel your membership, open the Lyft app, tap the menu icon in the top left corner, tap 'Lyft Pink,’ choose ‘Manage plan,’ and then ‘Cancel plan.’ You can cancel at any time. Cancellations will apply to the next billing cycle and you’ll have until the end of the current period to use your 15% off discount and perks."

I sort of recall that Lyft Pink via Sapphire Reserve won't automatically renew; am I correct?
Old Jun 18, 2021, 7:27 am

Programs: Southwest A List Preferred, Bonvoy Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, American Airlines Gold
Lyft Pink is opt in after the expiration. You do not need to cancel. It gave me the option for 3 more months free if I sign up and pay after. Not happy. I guess that I'll evaluate and choose on a month by month basis. In a normal month, it pays off, but it depends.

This is really the only special benefits I've been getting. None of the airports I frequent have any Priority Pass Lounges, and when I'm at different airports, I'm generally going to be on international business class tickets so I get lounge access anyway.
Old Jun 19, 2021, 6:10 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador, Global Entry
I don't see a scenario where I would find value in $19.99 a month for this. Especially considering I had to wait over 30 minutes at an airport last week and there are time when Uber is similar or even cheaper to the "discount".
Old Jun 21, 2021, 11:59 pm
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, IHG Diamond, IC Amb
Originally Posted by diesteldorf
Just got an email yesterday to "keep the fun going" and get another 3 months free, after my CSR membership ends on June 13.

As others have mentioned, there are times when, even after the 15% Lyft Pink discount, Uber is cheaper and/or more convenient..
same for me.

on both points.
Old Jun 22, 2021, 10:26 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Explorist
Mine expired yesterday. I used Lyft a grand total of once this entire past year. That was 3 days ago, when my Uber driver confirmed pickup and then promptly drove away from me. I'm guessing the guy was multi-app driving and forgot.

In my experience, Uber often has better prices, more drivers, and better availability (e.g. available internationally). I struggle to see who pays for this. You'd have to spend ~$135/mo. on Lyft to break-even on the monthly fee. For me, that's about 3x roundtrips to the airport (vs. $6 for light rail). Even with the 10x Points + 15% off, Lyft is often $1-2 more expensive than Uber on a per-ride basis.
Old Jun 23, 2021, 9:24 am

Interesting thing happened to me:
Lyft Pink from CSR benefit ends for me early July. I had already used my 3 bike rides in nyc earlier this month. I saw the promotion to extend for 3 months free and activated it. I continued taking bike rides this month (have taken another 5 now) and they were all covered.
I realize that I'm in this test for unlimited bike rides and free e-bike unlocks: https://www.engadget.com/lyft-citi-b...130019472.html
This is extremely useful as a NYCer, specially since I've started biking a lot around the city in the past 1+ year and lost my commuter benefits so have avoided wanting to take the subway.
Old Jun 25, 2021, 11:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by robchow
I tried to cancel Lyft Pink as it is set to expire (June 19) but there is no cancel button as noted by Lyft instructions.
"To cancel your membership, open the Lyft app, tap the menu icon in the top left corner, tap 'Lyft Pink,’ choose ‘Manage plan,’ and then ‘Cancel plan.’ You can cancel at any time. Cancellations will apply to the next billing cycle and you’ll have until the end of the current period to use your 15% off discount and perks."

I sort of recall that Lyft Pink via Sapphire Reserve won't automatically renew; am I correct?
Correct - there's no authorization for the membership to continue, and I was a bit confused when I didn't see a cancel option.

The email I think did have a note that without going into the app to renew it, it would be canceled on the expiry date.
robchow likes this.
Old Jun 27, 2021, 4:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Polytonic
Mine expired yesterday. I used Lyft a grand total of once this entire past year. That was 3 days ago, when my Uber driver confirmed pickup and then promptly drove away from me. I'm guessing the guy was multi-app driving and forgot.

In my experience, Uber often has better prices, more drivers, and better availability (e.g. available internationally). I struggle to see who pays for this. You'd have to spend ~$135/mo. on Lyft to break-even on the monthly fee. For me, that's about 3x roundtrips to the airport (vs. $6 for light rail). Even with the 10x Points + 15% off, Lyft is often $1-2 more expensive than Uber on a per-ride basis.
I only use rideshare 2-4 times/month but lately I can hit $135 in 1 or 2 rides. Getting from PDX to home was about $35 pre-pandemic, but with travel picking up and the number of drivers not increasing, it's been $100 the last couple times. It used to be about the same from home to PDX, and now those are about $50. It increased in LA a few months before it did in PDX, where my rides went from $50 to $65 and $65 to $100+ (and probably more now), so it's not any cheaper than driving and parking in LA, even with the recent spike in parking prices, and with driving myself and parking I'm not going to get caught in some crazy surge pricing. There are hybrid options in both places, like Flyaway+(metro and/or rideshare) in LA and MAX+rideshare in PDX, but they add a lot of time to the trip, and still subject you to unpredictable ride pricing. I generally check both Lyft and Uber and find that they're within a few percent of each other, though Lyft includes the discount to get there.
Old Jul 7, 2021, 1:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
I use Lyft more than Uber because of the bonus earnings on Chase. I held off last year on getting the Lyft Pink benefit as I wasn't using it as much and it only was supposed to last 12 months. Should I sign up for it now to get the 12-month perks or is it too late to benefit from all 12 months? I guess if I don't sign up now, I won't get any benefit or will I still get 12 months from signup date?
Old Jul 7, 2021, 6:04 pm

Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
I use Lyft more than Uber because of the bonus earnings on Chase. I held off last year on getting the Lyft Pink benefit as I wasn't using it as much and it only was supposed to last 12 months. Should I sign up for it now to get the 12-month perks or is it too late to benefit from all 12 months? I guess if I don't sign up now, I won't get any benefit or will I still get 12 months from signup date?
It sounds like you have up till March 31, 2022 to sign up and will still get a full 12 months,'

https://time.com/nextadvisor/credit-...ed-time-offer/
SkyTeam777 likes this.
Old Jul 17, 2021, 8:47 pm

Originally Posted by Super Mario
I don't see a scenario where I would find value in $19.99 a month for this. Especially considering I had to wait over 30 minutes at an airport last week and there are time when Uber is similar or even cheaper to the "discount".
This!

Originally Posted by restrictonthehanger
I just signed up for the first time this week using the CSR benefit, and the benefits listing stated that the priority pickups would be at airports only.

Interesting enough, I also got sent a survey link where they mentioned possibly expanding priority pickup to be a Pink benefit in general, as opposed to airports only...
I had a really bad experience with Lyft at the airport, the drivers would keep going to departures which was a roadway directly above the rideshare pickup so it would look like they were there on GPS and then they would cancel my ride because I lived too close and mark me as a no show. Even with Lyft Pink. Getting picked up I will choose Uber unless difference is substantial
Old Jul 17, 2021, 8:49 pm

Originally Posted by aimango
Interesting thing happened to me:
Lyft Pink from CSR benefit ends for me early July. I had already used my 3 bike rides in nyc earlier this month. I saw the promotion to extend for 3 months free and activated it. I continued taking bike rides this month (have taken another 5 now) and they were all covered.
I realize that I'm in this test for unlimited bike rides and free e-bike unlocks: https://www.engadget.com/lyft-citi-b...130019472.html
This is extremely useful as a NYCer, specially since I've started biking a lot around the city in the past 1+ year and lost my commuter benefits so have avoided wanting to take the subway.
Just know it will autorenew at $19.99 in 3 months
Old Jul 18, 2021, 4:33 pm

Programs: AA LifetimeGold, WN A-ListPreferred, B6 Mosaic, ChoicePrivileges Diamond, BestWestern Diamond Select
Originally Posted by jmsnyc
Just know it will autorenew at $19.99 in 3 months
Are you sure that is the case? I was under the impression that it was opt IN, not opt OUT.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.