FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Chase | Ultimate Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase-ultimate-rewards-722/)
-   -   Chase "My Bonus" promotions (targeted category bonuses). (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase-ultimate-rewards/2016842-chase-my-bonus-promotions-targeted-category-bonuses.html)

Dr Jabadski Jul 1, 2023 9:00 am

Originally Posted by serpens (Post 35377820)
…quit beating around the bush. …

Seems that in this day and age, nothing (or everything) is irrefutable (or undeniable or indefensible or …) ;).

Originally Posted by serpens (Post 35377820)
… Spend was zero.

Agreed, some Chase "My Bonus" promotions aren’t worthwhile for some people, just as for some new card benefits.

MDtR-Chicago Jul 1, 2023 10:45 am

This quarter, between P2 and I, we have offers on almost all of our co-branded cards, across IHG, Marriott, and Southwest. All basically the same offer reported here: 5x on gas, grocery, restaurants. Some of the IHG cards had a higher 7x multiplier for gas and restaurants.

Over the past few years, for our accounts, we seem to be targeted most often when we have a small number of transactions, maybe 1-3 on the card, over the previous quarter.

Zorak Jul 1, 2023 3:39 pm

Originally Posted by notquiteaff (Post 35375396)
Don’t recall receiving any mybonus promos for CFU or CSR,

I just activated one on my CSR...

Originally Posted by SPN Lifer (Post 35376874)
I just "activated" two offers expiring Friday, 30 June 2023. (!)

... but it likewise expired the same day, so I didn't bother remembering what the category was.

Originally Posted by SPN Lifer (Post 35376874)
My wife's 2Q offer just "activated" on her Chase UA Quest Visa, used solely for UA tickets, was a $10 statement credit upon spending $200 for utilities, internet, cable, phone services, and insurance bills.

This sounds vaguely familiar though, so it might've been that.

SPN Lifer Jul 1, 2023 10:14 pm

Originally Posted by SPN Lifer (Post # 599) (Post 35376874)
I just "activated" two offers expiring Friday, 30 June 2023. (!)

I have a legacy Chase Marriott BONV°Y™ Visa (25K-point annual certificate), that was formerly my daily use card. . . . The second quarter (2Q) offer I just "activated" was for 5x points at gas stations, grocery stores, and restaurants [on up to $1500 spend].

My wife's 2Q offer just "activated" on her Chase UA Quest Visa, used solely for UA tickets, was a $10 statement credit upon spending $200 for utilities, internet, cable, phone services, and insurance bills.

For 3Q on the above, and my wife's legacy Chase Marriott BONV°Y™ Visa and my son's Chase UA Explorer Visa, both daily use, I will have to wait until tomorrow. [Bracketed text added.]

This time my wife's 3Q offer just activated on her Chase UA Quest Visa was 5x points on up to $1500 spend at gas stations, grocery stores, and restaurants. We don't plan to use it.

She got nothing on her primary use legacy Chase Marriott BONV°Y™ Visa; I did not bother to check mine. M​​​y son got no offer on his primary use Chase UA Explorer Visa. Maybe I checked too soon.

serpens Jul 2, 2023 11:10 am

Originally Posted by serpens (Post 35375317)
I didn't bother to check on some other personal cards because they had offers that expired today, and I figured that a new offer would not appear until the previous offer had expired.

It was a new day, and a new offer appeared. On IHG Premier, 7x for gas stations and restaurants, and 5x for grocery stores. Not bad, but not real good. Continuing to check, I found another new offer. On World of Hyatt, 5x for gas stations, restaurants, and grocery stores. Since I consider five Hyatt points to be worth more than seven IHG points, the Hyatt card wins. It's nice to get a worthwhile (my opinion) offer after multiple quarters of junk.

As far as I can tell, the Hyatt offer is worldwide. Did I miss anything?

notquiteaff Jul 2, 2023 1:30 pm

Originally Posted by serpens (Post 35380251)
As far as I can tell, the Hyatt offer is worldwide. Did I miss anything?

I have used these offers at foreign gas stations and grocery stores and received the 5X credit. No issues.

TravelingZoomer Jul 2, 2023 3:39 pm

I got 5x on Gas and 5x Groceries on my freedom. Does that mean I get 9x on Gas?

beltway Jul 2, 2023 4:26 pm

;;;;;;;;

serpens Jul 2, 2023 5:48 pm

Originally Posted by notquiteaff (Post 35380549)
I have used these offers at foreign gas stations and grocery stores and received the 5X credit. No issues.

Sweet. Thank you.

txpenny Jul 3, 2023 10:31 am

Originally Posted by TravelingZoomer (Post 35380839)
I got 5x on Gas and 5x Groceries on my freedom. Does that mean I get 9x on Gas?

Exactly where do these show up? I've never seen anything like this in the "Chase Offers".

cblaisd Jul 3, 2023 10:37 am

Yet again, nothing for me. I don't get it. Three Chase cards. Always clear cookies from two different browsers and only once have I ever had a bonus on one of them. Puzzling

beltway Jul 3, 2023 10:59 am

I B J a*

txpenny Jul 3, 2023 11:23 am

Originally Posted by beltway (Post 35382841)
This is entirely separate (and different) from Chase Offers. See the wiki above for details, including how to check for mybonus promotions.

Thanks!

I got one; "You'll earn a total of 5% cash back for every $1 you spend on up to $1,500 in combined purchases at gas stations and grocery stores from July 1 through September 30, 2023 with your Chase Freedom® Card.*"

txpenny Jul 3, 2023 11:25 am

Holy Smokes, I got another; "You'll earn a total of 5% cash back for every $1 you spend on up to $1,500 in combined purchases at gas stations and grocery stores from July 1 through September 30, 2023 with your Freedom Unlimited® Card.*"

And my wife got the same one on her freedom.

notquiteaff Jul 3, 2023 12:36 pm

Originally Posted by cblaisd (Post 35382770)
Yet again, nothing for me. I don't get it. Three Chase cards. Always clear cookies from two different browsers and only once have I ever had a bonus on one of them. Puzzling

Which cards do you have and how much do you use them? I find that those in my sock drawer tend to get a spend bonus. Seems kind of logical, too.