Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Applying for Chase BUSINESS Cards (April 2020 - 2022)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 29, 2020, 12:53 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mia
In April 2020 Chase criteria for approving BUSINESS card applications have become more stringent. All Chase INK products are business cards. Chase also issues co-branded business cards for United Airlines and Southwest Airlines.

Chase business cards are subject to the 5/24 restriction. Approval of a Chase business application has not increased the N/24 count, but there are a few reports in the 4th quarter of 2022 that this may have changed, review THIS thread. There will always be some uncertainty, because 5/24 is an unpublished rule which Chase can modify without notice or explanation.

For general information about applying for Chase cards, including explanation of the unpublished 5/24 rule, please review the Wikipost of the PERSONAL card thread: HERE

Anyone can apply for a business card as a sole proprietor. If your business has a registered company name, which Chase can verify, you may use the name to apply. Otherwise, use your legal First and Last name as the business name. Do not add any extra words, do not use a made up name. If Chase cannot verify the name the application will fail.

Useful Chase telephone numbers
(888) 269-8690 - Business Credit Card Application Status Line, automated
(800) 453-9719 – Business Credit Card Reconsideration Line with live rep
(800) 453-9719 – Credit Reallocation Office (Business cards)
(888) 622-7547 – Executive Offices

Twitter: @ChaseSupport

Note: In the past, automated telephone status reports stating that Chase would notify you in 2 weeks often resulted in an approval, whereas the "7-10 days" telephone recording often indicated imminent denial. In 2016, this pattern became increasingly unpredictable, with many applicants receiving approval despite an earlier "7-10 days" automated telephone message. As a result, automated telephone responses should not be regarded as reliable indicators of an application's likely outcome.

?? Chase business credit cards [must / may] use [the same / a different] user name [as / from] personal cards. The same [applies / does not apply] to the e-mail address used. ??

Print Wikipost

Applying for Chase BUSINESS Cards (April 2020 - 2022)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 19, 2020, 6:58 am

Programs: UA LT Gold (BIS), AA LT Plat (CC SUBs & BD), Hilton Dia (CC), Hyatt Glob (BIB), et. al.
Originally Posted by oddhack
I got a four page rejection letter from Stanford. Was very polite and ego-boosting, aside from the, you know, rejection part.
LOL, nicely worded.

On the same day I received a couple of thin one page denial letters, I also received a thin one page acceptance letter from the medical school I attended. I can still remember (as I opened it about 40 years ago) thinking “oh sh-t, another thin one, not good”.

Never say never, never say always!
oddhack likes this.
Old Sep 19, 2020, 1:18 pm

Programs: AC SE, AA EXP MM, UA Gold MM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Titanium, HH Dia, IHG Plat
Chances with Chase BIZ (and Personal) Checking Accounts, CPC Status and >800 Credit?

OK, the business is only 6 months old and it's simply my first and last names. Deposits to Biz Checking have been $15-20K in that time, partly balanced with withdrawals. Will shortly have around $400K in CPC holdings, plus an annuity. We also have a mortgage with Chase.

I'm looking for a second Ink Cash card, this one in my name (my existing card uses my registered dba which has no associated business checking account).

Q:
  • What are my chances?
  • Would it help to apply in-branch? If denied, can I follow up in-branch?
Thanks for any insights!
Old Sep 20, 2020, 9:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Some links to relevant posts on DoC, about Chase starting to reverse some of what they did back in April:

Chase Approving More Business Credit Card Applications

Chase No Longer Requiring You To Login To Apply For Business Cards

Old Sep 21, 2020, 9:01 am

I just applied this morning and got 'We need to review your request a little longer. We will let you know of our decision as soon as possible'

I applied with a 2 year old SP with ~$5K revenue. I already have the other two ink cards.

This is a better result than when I applied about 45 days ago and got an instant denial.

...I'll report back! Fingers crossed
tstauck likes this.
Old Sep 21, 2020, 9:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
Originally Posted by sdsearch
Some links to relevant posts on DoC, about Chase starting to reverse some of what they did back in April:

Chase Approving More Business Credit Card Applications

Chase No Longer Requiring You To Login To Apply For Business Cards

read the posts - you will see that most of those approved already had Chase business cards and/or could prove they had a real business (with income) that had been operating for at least a year. A business checking account is a positive factor too.

anybody with a new business (like me) with no income yet is just wasting a credit inquiry.

the bloggers promoting these accounts (with referral links) who don’t disclose the requirements are very disingenuous
Old Sep 21, 2020, 10:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Boraxo
read the posts - you will see that most of those approved already had Chase business cards and/or could prove they had a real business (with income) that had been operating for at least a year. A business checking account is a positive factor too.

anybody with a new business (like me) with no income yet is just wasting a credit inquiry.

the bloggers promoting these accounts (with referral links) who don’t disclose the requirements are very disingenuous
That's why I said "starting to reverse", not "reversed".

Some of those types of people you mention getting approved now were still types of people who were getting denied in previous months (especially those who had Chase business cards but not the provable business income). And Chase had even higher demands on the business age in previous months as I recall (just one or two years wan't cutting it in many cases).
Old Sep 24, 2020, 6:09 am

Follow up: I got my welcome email today, 10 days after application. RR Performance Business. Never received a rejection or had to call for reconsideration. To recap, I applied as a sole prop in existence for about 3 years with annual rev of around $70k. This is my first Chase biz card, but I have had a Sapphire Reserve for a couple years.

Now I’m in a slight pickle. I need my 70k points to post in January 2021 for companion pass, but because I was approved so quickly I’m a shade more than 3 months away from Jan 1. I haven’t received the cards yet. I’m told there is a grace period so if I can get even 10 days I should be good. I’ll call after I get the cards in the mail.
Old Sep 24, 2020, 7:38 am

Originally Posted by mirak
Follow up: I got my welcome email today, 10 days after application. RR Performance Business. Never received a rejection or had to call for reconsideration. To recap, I applied as a sole prop in existence for about 3 years with annual rev of around $70k. This is my first Chase biz card, but I have had a Sapphire Reserve for a couple years.

Now I’m in a slight pickle. I need my 70k points to post in January 2021 for companion pass, but because I was approved so quickly I’m a shade more than 3 months away from Jan 1. I haven’t received the cards yet. I’m told there is a grace period so if I can get even 10 days I should be good. I’ll call after I get the cards in the mail.
You have more time than you think. You can meet the MSR any time after your December statement date and the bonus will post in January.
Old Sep 25, 2020, 9:34 am

Originally Posted by Traveler56789
I just applied this morning and got 'We need to review your request a little longer. We will let you know of our decision as soon as possible'

I applied with a 2 year old SP with ~$5K revenue. I already have the other two ink cards.

This is a better result than when I applied about 45 days ago and got an instant denial.

...I'll report back! Fingers crossed
Ugh...I just got the rejection letter today. Denied due to business structure.
Old Sep 25, 2020, 9:36 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
....Denied due to business structure.
Did you apply using your legal First & Last names (with no other words) as the business name?
Old Sep 25, 2020, 9:41 am

Originally Posted by mia
Did you apply using your legal First & Last names (with no other words) as the business name?
Yes
Old Sep 25, 2020, 4:46 pm
mia

Worth a call then to clarify what is wrong with your business's structure.
Old Sep 25, 2020, 6:15 pm

Originally Posted by mia
Worth a call then to clarify what is wrong with your business's structure.
that’s a good suggestion!

I just got off a 45 min phone call with the reconsideration line. They asked me a bunch of questions about my personal income and business. They said that they’re going to escalate to a senior analyst and will get back To me in 1-2 weeks. Not super optimistic, but at least they’re opening it back up.

I’ll let folks know what i hear
Old Sep 25, 2020, 7:08 pm
mia

.... asked me a bunch of questions...
Did they explain what is wrong with you business structure?
Old Sep 25, 2020, 8:11 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, UA Silver, Mobile Passport Unobtanium
Originally Posted by mia
Did they explain what is wrong with you business structure?
If recent history is any indication, it's because it's a sole proprietor with too little time as a business.
happychic likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.