Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Applying for Chase BUSINESS Cards (April 2020 - 2022)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 29, 2020, 12:53 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mia
In April 2020 Chase criteria for approving BUSINESS card applications have become more stringent. All Chase INK products are business cards. Chase also issues co-branded business cards for United Airlines and Southwest Airlines.

Chase business cards are subject to the 5/24 restriction. Approval of a Chase business application has not increased the N/24 count, but there are a few reports in the 4th quarter of 2022 that this may have changed, review THIS thread. There will always be some uncertainty, because 5/24 is an unpublished rule which Chase can modify without notice or explanation.

For general information about applying for Chase cards, including explanation of the unpublished 5/24 rule, please review the Wikipost of the PERSONAL card thread: HERE

Anyone can apply for a business card as a sole proprietor. If your business has a registered company name, which Chase can verify, you may use the name to apply. Otherwise, use your legal First and Last name as the business name. Do not add any extra words, do not use a made up name. If Chase cannot verify the name the application will fail.

Useful Chase telephone numbers
(888) 269-8690 - Business Credit Card Application Status Line, automated
(800) 453-9719 – Business Credit Card Reconsideration Line with live rep
(800) 453-9719 – Credit Reallocation Office (Business cards)
(888) 622-7547 – Executive Offices

Twitter: @ChaseSupport

Note: In the past, automated telephone status reports stating that Chase would notify you in 2 weeks often resulted in an approval, whereas the "7-10 days" telephone recording often indicated imminent denial. In 2016, this pattern became increasingly unpredictable, with many applicants receiving approval despite an earlier "7-10 days" automated telephone message. As a result, automated telephone responses should not be regarded as reliable indicators of an application's likely outcome.

?? Chase business credit cards [must / may] use [the same / a different] user name [as / from] personal cards. The same [applies / does not apply] to the e-mail address used. ??

Print Wikipost

Applying for Chase BUSINESS Cards (April 2020 - 2022)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 9, 2021, 9:57 am
RNE

Originally Posted by returnoftheyeti
I will be able to make the spend organically, home improvement is expensive.
Originally Posted by oddhack
I admit to some curiosity as to how a home improvement project is a business expense.
How about a home-based business? In any case, the business-use wording is just a nod-and-a-wink from Chase.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Apr 10, 2021, 8:16 pm

Originally Posted by BONDMI6
I received an mailer invitation from Chase yesterday for the Ink Bus Preferred card with a 100k UR bonus after $15k spend. I have a Ink Bus Plus card (open since 2014) and 2 x Ink Bus Cash cards (open since 2015) with an unregistered SP business name. 1) Would you recommend applying with this same unregistered SP business name with 7 years of credit card history with Chase or applying with a registered SP business name with no credit card history? 2) Any minimum income requirements for a high probability of approval? 3) Does this mailer invitation bypass the 5/24 rule? 4) Is Chase now verfiying state bus registration records before approval? 5) Is Chase requesting bus bank statements?
I'd recommend doing the app while logged in, which allows you to select your current SP from a list and it'll pre-fill some data for you.
Old Apr 11, 2021, 2:14 am

anyone here close to 15 chase cards total? would like to see some DPs of potential issues.

also, is the recommendation still to login to make sure all current chase "history and data" is utilized for instant approval vs guest app?

Last edited by GundamWing01; Apr 11, 2021 at 7:59 pm
Old Apr 11, 2021, 11:46 pm

I was able to get approved for this card using my SSN. I put years in business as 8 and annual revenue as $15 (I did make some money off Zazzle last year). I have the no-fee INK already.

Iniatially it was “we need more time”, but I was approved the next morning.
you didnt have to call or provide more info? its was auto approved the next day? how were you notified? i assume you called to check? also, did you really put only $15.00 in annual rev?

Originally Posted by DeltaNeutral28
Applied for CIP- "Need to review a little longer" SP with aforementioned criteria, several years, smaller revenues, several prior Ink cards, many personal cards over the years.
so what was the result?
Old Apr 12, 2021, 3:45 am

Originally Posted by garkman
I'd recommend doing the app while logged in, which allows you to select your current SP from a list and it'll pre-fill some data for you.
Where logged in will my current SP appear from a list and pre-fill some data? Is their a place to type in the invitation code while logged in? On the invitation letter, it says to visit GetInkPreferred.com and type in the invitation code, some info like address is pre-filled, but the current SP does not appear.
Old Apr 12, 2021, 6:53 am

Originally Posted by GundamWing01
so what was the result?
Had to verify identity docs but was good to go after that, I can see in my account now, but the mail is slow so I haven't gotten it yet. I followed instructions posted earlier in the thread on how to apply.
Old Apr 12, 2021, 8:53 am

you didnt have to call or provide more info? its was auto approved the next day? how were you notified? i assume you called to check? also, did you really put only $15.00 in annual rev?

so what was the result?

I checked my email the next morning and there was an “Approved” message saying my card would arrive in 5-7 business days.

Yes, I really stated my revenue last year was $15, but my annual income is decent too, so that may be a factor.
Old Apr 12, 2021, 11:55 am

Originally Posted by garkman
I received an mailer invitation from Chase yesterday for the Ink Bus Preferred card with a 100k UR bonus after $15k spend. I have a Ink Bus Plus card (open since 2014) and 2 x Ink Bus Cash cards (open since 2015) with an unregistered SP business name. 1) Would you recommend applying with this same unregistered SP business name with 7 years of credit card history with Chase or applying with a registered SP business name with no credit card history? 2) Any minimum income requirements for a high probability of approval? 3) Does this mailer invitation bypass the 5/24 rule? 4) Is Chase now verfiying state bus registration records before approval? 5) Is Chase requesting bus bank statements?
I did not see any pre-filled SP when trying while logged into my Chase Bus accounts
1) The mailer is with my full name including my middle name, I am guessing this targeted mailer invitation is from a Chase business checking account I used to have, I am tempted to apply in "GetInkPreferred.com" using my full name as it appears on this targeted mailer with the invitation number
3) Most DPs indicate that a targeted invitation mailer will bypass 5/24
Any helpful advice is appreciated!
Old Apr 12, 2021, 1:40 pm

Originally Posted by DeltaNeutral28
Had to verify identity docs but was good to go after that, I can see in my account now, but the mail is slow so I haven't gotten it yet. I followed instructions posted earlier in the thread on how to apply.
nice. glad you were approved. what ID docs were required? any interrogation? how many chase cards did you already hold?

I checked my email the next morning and there was an “Approved” message saying my card would arrive in 5-7 business days.

Yes, I really stated my revenue last year was $15, but my annual income is decent too, so that may be a factor.
great to hear a smooth process. how many chase cards did you already hold?
Old Apr 12, 2021, 9:02 pm

whats the consensus on biz apps that dont exist after applying? applied. no instant approval. got the usual "we need to review more". called in to check status. "cant find app". didnt bother calling recon yet.
Old Apr 13, 2021, 8:44 am

whats the consensus on biz apps that dont exist after applying? applied. no instant approval. got the usual "we need to review more". called in to check status. "cant find app". didnt bother calling recon yet.
Best to wait to see if the application is auto approved. If not auto approved, call recon.
RNE likes this.

Last edited by BONDMI6; Apr 13, 2021 at 9:19 am
Old Apr 13, 2021, 12:49 pm

Best to wait to see if the application is auto approved. If not auto approved, call recon.
appreciate the response. unfortunately, not auto approved, but not auto declined. so i guess thats a positive development.

i got the typical verification inquiry for Tax ID and "Proof of Biz". legit biz LLC and i have other chase biz cards. i never understood the DPs related to this. thought chase would easily approve a card where other biz cards exist. i need to go dig up some docs, but the easiest seems to be the "IRS EIN/TIN confirmation letter".

any DPs here of just calling recon and telling them you have other biz cards? does that work? is this a hard req? any way around this proof of biz doc req?
Old Apr 13, 2021, 1:39 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
.... thought chase would easily approve a card where other biz cards exist.....
Chase previously issued cards without verifying existence of businesses. If Chase now chooses to verify, they cannot rely on card(s) issued before the policy change.
SPN Lifer and GundamWing01 like this.
Old Apr 13, 2021, 1:46 pm

Originally Posted by mia
Chase previously issued cards without verifying existence of businesses. If Chase now chooses to verify, they cannot rely on card(s) issued before the policy change.
thank you for the info. i was hoping this request was a standard automated trigger that a manual review via recon could fix. aka "fraud team needs to verify, but i see that we already have an extensive profile on you, let me manually override". but i guess thats a dream. wish i got instant approval.
Old Apr 13, 2021, 8:46 pm

do almost all DPs show that being requested for biz docs means "conditional approval"? i havent seen a DP where docs were provided and then secondary review denied. wondering how things are handled recently post pandemic.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.