Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Chase United Club VISA Infinite Card

Search this Thread

Old Mar 13, 2020, 8:22 pm

Programs: Korean Air Morning Calm, Hertz President's Circle, Avis Preferred Plus and IHG Spire Ambassador
Did this version lose automatic Hertz President's Circle status? A couple years ago, I had the prior United Club Card and then downgraded to the Explorer card, keeping the Hertz President's Circle status. I'm not sure if this loophole will still work for others or whether I will keep status next year

EDIT: Upon reading the details, the Visa signature version will remain a legacy card!

Last edited by Finance_underling; Mar 13, 2020 at 8:29 pm
Old Mar 14, 2020, 5:28 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by Finance_underling
Did this version lose automatic Hertz President's Circle status?
No

Old Mar 14, 2020, 6:00 pm

Programs: DL Gold, AS MVPG, Globalist
So am I missing anything here? This card looks meaningfully worse to me than the old Club Card... higher annual fee to get 4X miles, but you lose 1.5X on all spend. Everything else basically the same, no?
lsquare likes this.
Old Mar 14, 2020, 6:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by dordal
So am I missing anything here? This card looks meaningfully worse to me than the old Club Card... higher annual fee to get 4X miles, but you lose 1.5X on all spend. Everything else basically the same, no?
Doesn't look like you're losing anything. Maybe I'll get it for the WB, but I would look at CSR and AMEX Plat for spend.

Last edited by lsquare; Mar 14, 2020 at 11:28 pm
Old Mar 14, 2020, 11:25 pm

Programs: Korean Air Morning Calm, Hertz President's Circle, Avis Preferred Plus and IHG Spire Ambassador
Thanks, Mia
Old Mar 15, 2020, 11:24 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, Total Wine & More Reserve
Might be tempted due to the sign-up bonus, but to me not worth it beyond the first year.
Old Mar 16, 2020, 12:29 am

Programs: UA Platinum, HHonors Diamond, Bonvoy occasionally Bonvoyed Mostly
I currently have the UC Signature card and used to put 25K spend on it till last year due to the PQD waiver it used to provide (and the 1.5x earning rate). But I think United is actively trying to "encourage" me to fly United less and less (I now try to fly LH or AC for international travel to get better PQP earning on United) and now with this new card, its actually a net loss (you lose 1.5x and get 2x and 4x in categories where there already are better cards).

IMHO this is one of the worst "revamp" i've seen in a while for a credit card.
lsquare and cuthroat like this.
Old Mar 16, 2020, 1:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by arshi007
I currently have the UC Signature card and used to put 25K spend on it till last year due to the PQD waiver it used to provide (and the 1.5x earning rate). But I think United is actively trying to "encourage" me to fly United less and less (I now try to fly LH or AC for international travel to get better PQP earning on United) and now with this new card, its actually a net loss (you lose 1.5x and get 2x and 4x in categories where there already are better cards).

IMHO this is one of the worst "revamp" i've seen in a while for a credit card.
Yep. I still don't get why one would put UA spend on this card when AMEX Plat gives 5x and other benefits.
cuthroat likes this.
Old Mar 16, 2020, 6:27 am
mia

Originally Posted by lsquare
Yep. I still don't get why one would put UA spend on this card when AMEX Plat gives 5x and other benefits.
To earn UA miles rather than credit card points.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Mar 16, 2020, 9:33 am

Programs: UA Platinum, HHonors Diamond, Bonvoy occasionally Bonvoyed Mostly
Originally Posted by mia
For the most part AmEx and Citi gives 5x points for airline miles. But yes, UA miles is not an option there so is the logic "this is the card that gives the most earning of the **highly valuable** UA miles" ? Especially after the recent "flexibility" introduced to spend your miles faster ?
Old Mar 16, 2020, 10:51 am
mia

Circumstances vary. If you live in a United hub or have United status you may prefer to fly United, and find it simpler to earn and redeem UA miles rather than to use a partner program.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Mar 16, 2020, 10:58 am

Originally Posted by mia
I have the AMEX PLT and transfer to lifemiles for United redemption. 6-7.5k lifemiles vs. 12.5-15k United.
lsquare likes this.
Old Mar 16, 2020, 1:54 pm

A lot of people don't want to pay for more than one high-AF card.
Old Mar 16, 2020, 2:37 pm

Not having complimentary premier upgrades on most long-haul routes is a big negative for me. I like the flexibility United partners give you when traveling to continental Europe, but this card doesn't seem to give me a ton of incentive to carry over the CSR not being in a United hub area.
lsquare likes this.
Old Mar 16, 2020, 2:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mia
Circumstances vary. If you live in a United hub or have United status you may prefer to fly United, and find it simpler to earn and redeem UA miles rather than to use a partner program.
Originally Posted by arshi007
For the most part AmEx and Citi gives 5x points for airline miles. But yes, UA miles is not an option there so is the logic "this is the card that gives the most earning of the **highly valuable** UA miles" ? Especially after the recent "flexibility" introduced to spend your miles faster ?
A lot of people don't want to pay for more than one high-AF card.
I can probably understand if you live in Denver. I was transiting there recently. After they shut down the PP restaurant, UA Club was my only option. The lounge was quite busy when I was there despite the crappy food. Fortunately a Centurion Lounge will open there in the near future.

Anyways, I would just go for CSR just to avoid the multiple card fees. It's the superior card when all things are considered.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.