Chase United Club VISA Infinite Card

Old Mar 6, 20, 2:12 pm
Original Poster

Programs: OZ, DL, AC, AS, AA, BA, Marriott, Hilton, IHG, Hyatt
Chase United Club VISA Infinite Card

https://www.doctorofcredit.com/memo-...nus-3-15-5-17/

Apparently the United Club Visa Signature will be replaced with a Visa Infinite version. The AF will go up, but there will be a new elevated welcome bonus for new sign ups. I suspect 5/24 will apply. No other specifics at this time, but launch is suppose to be imminent.

What do you guys think?
Old Mar 6, 20, 6:07 pm

Somebody posted these images last year:

The November date doesn't make any sense, but 4x UA and 2x other travel and dining would certainly make the card competitive with the CSR, a known source of anger for UA management.
Old Mar 6, 20, 6:16 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by nall View Post
Somebody posted these images last year:

The November date doesn't make any sense, but 4x UA and 2x other travel and dining would certainly make the card competitive with the CSR, a known source of anger for UA management.
I said the same thing in another thread. CSR gives 3x UR, but 4x UA would be good and make UA happy. It also makes a lot of sense with the new UA-Chase deal.
Old Mar 6, 20, 11:10 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, United Silver, National Executive
After the Sapphire Reserve, the United Club card gets a price hike to $500+. I wonder if this is coming to all Chase Visa Infinite cards?
Old Mar 6, 20, 11:15 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by msp3 View Post
After the Sapphire Reserve, the United Club card gets a price hike to $500+. I wonder if this is coming to all Chase Visa Infinite cards?
It's probably inevitable that the Ritz's AF will go up.
Old Mar 10, 20, 10:59 am

Programs: AA PLT, WN A List, UA Silver, Bonvoy Titanium, Hertz 5*
Right, there has to be something new on the horizon since the Chase/UA renewal.

I personally feel Visa through its issuers have destroyed the Infinite brand. Because they couldn't properly manage the benefits and loopholes, they have taken away many of the unique benefits.
lsquare likes this.
Old Mar 10, 20, 11:03 am
mia
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator: American Express, Citi, Diners Club, Signatures

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; HH Gold
Originally Posted by rasheed View Post
I personally feel Visa through its issuers have destroyed the Infinite brand. Because they couldn't properly manage the benefits and loopholes, they have taken away many of the unique benefits.
MasterCard and VISA have had this problem with every level introduced, going back to Gold.
lsquare likes this.
Old Mar 10, 20, 3:11 pm
Original Poster

Right, there has to be something new on the horizon since the Chase/UA renewal.

Originally Posted by mia View Post
MasterCard and VISA have had this problem with every level introduced, going back to Gold.
I think it'll be hard to manage the benefits given the pressure the interchange rates are under. It's not like the retailers are happy to see Visa Infinite cards.
Old Mar 10, 20, 7:26 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, United Silver, National Executive
Visa can always invent one more tier on top of that like the inane Visa Infinite Privilege they came up with in Canada...
Old Mar 11, 20, 12:51 pm

I don't understand the strategy. Visa and MC introduce new premium products intended for affluent consumers and then dilute them. First it was Gold and Platinum and then Signature was limited to a few premium cards and now every card is Visa Signature. So I won't be surprised to see Chase Freedom Visa Infinite.
Old Mar 11, 20, 1:57 pm
mia
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator: American Express, Citi, Diners Club, Signatures

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; HH Gold
Originally Posted by Nick92 View Post
Visa and MC introduce new premium products intended for affluent consumers and then dilute them.
The issuers dilute them. Originally the large issuers owned MasterCard and VISA, but even after this changed the balance of power seems to still favor the issuers.
Old Mar 12, 20, 12:36 pm

Strange to me that we have so little info with the offer on the original card ending today and the new offer starting in 3 days. I would have expected to have all the details confirmed by now.
Old Mar 12, 20, 6:44 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by time_stamp View Post
Strange to me that we have so little info with the offer on the original card ending today and the new offer starting in 3 days. I would have expected to have all the details confirmed by now.
I guess it's possible the launch may be delayed due to the Coronavirus problem. I'm dying for details because I'm wondering if this is a card that's actually worth having
Old Mar 13, 20, 7:47 am

New Visa Infinite card showing up through the United site:
https://www.theexplorercard.com/consumer-cards/

Basically everything is as speculated.
lsquare and cuthroat like this.
Old Mar 13, 20, 6:04 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by time_stamp View Post
New Visa Infinite card showing up through the United site:
https://www.theexplorercard.com/consumer-cards/

Basically everything is as speculated.
Thanks!

I'm still not too excited about this card. I'm wondering if anyone here got any good reason why this card is a keeper? I still feel CSR or AMEX Platinum is better. UA Club access will most likely require same day travel with UA or *A carrier. Free bags will require not just the fees charged to the card, but with your UA membership number. Simply possessing the card will not get the card fee waived, which is different with other airline cards.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: