Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Applying for Chase PERSONAL Cards (2020 - 2022)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Applying for Chase PERSONAL Cards (2020 - 2022)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 25, 2022, 5:13 pm

Originally Posted by felicity5
I just re logged into my account and the new explorer card is showing.
so it happen as others have said ten minutes after I received the under review message.
thanks to everyone who suggested doing that.
I als just received an approval letter.
Old Dec 1, 2022, 8:06 pm

Programs: AA, AS, Marriott
I signed up for the Hyatt fast track promotion, so I figured I should get the World of Hyatt card. I wasn't instantly approved, and I got the 7-10 day e-mail. I called the reconsideration number, which quoted the two weeks. Since I wanted to get a head start, I figured I would talk to an agent to see if I couldn't get approved manually. I have multiple Chase cards, including some with high limits, so I imagined I was near the total credit limit Chase would like to give me.

As I suspected, the agent said she could approve me immediately if I would be willing to move some credit from another one of my Chase cards. I did so from my Marriott card, which still has a healthy limit after the transfer. I now see the card appearing on my Chase account online.

My credit is otherwise fine, and I was at 0/24 prior to this application.

Also, I was unable to get expedited shipping for this particular card since they're in the process of associating my World of Hyatt number with the card.
SPN Lifer and tstauck like this.
Old Dec 5, 2022, 1:01 pm

Programs: Tegridy Elite
Wife's Hyatt application went to pending last night, but showed up online this afternoon. Interesting thing is normally Chase just pulls from TU for us. This time they did TU and Experian. The last Chase app we did that resulted in two pulls was CSR back in 2017. Not that it matters in the end but I wonder what causes the double pull some times.
Old Dec 5, 2022, 2:52 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, IHG Diamond
I am curious how many chase cc's do FTers have... I love my chase ccs and want to open another but am scared they won't give me more cards!
Currently have 8 personal + 2 biz = 10 chase ccs
Old Dec 6, 2022, 11:42 am
RNE

Originally Posted by zzrayzz
I love my chase ccs and want to open another but am scared they won't give me more cards! Currently have 8 personal + 2 biz = 10 chase ccs
Do you put decent and regular spend (including non-category) on them all? If so, I'm go for it. But that's just me. Good luck.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Dec 7, 2022, 5:46 pm

Originally Posted by zzrayzz
I am curious how many chase cc's do FTers have... I love my chase ccs and want to open another but am scared they won't give me more cards!
Currently have 8 personal + 2 biz = 10 chase ccs
As long as you follow rules 5/24 and 1/30 you should be fine. I don't think your overall card count will hurt you but velocity is always dangerous.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Dec 7, 2022, 8:56 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Explorist
I imagine you run into total credit limit issues well before you reach 5-10 cards. I have yet to meet anyone with more than $80k in total credit from Chase (across all cards).
Old Dec 7, 2022, 9:20 pm

Originally Posted by Polytonic
I imagine you run into total credit limit issues well before you reach 5-10 cards. I have yet to meet anyone with more than $80k in total credit from Chase (across all cards).
Over the years my wife has consolidated a few cards and has over $98K credit on one card!
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Dec 7, 2022, 9:34 pm

Programs: UA LT Gold (BIS), AA LT Plat (CC SUBs & BD), Hilton Dia (CC), Hyatt Glob (BIB), et. al.
… yet to meet anyone with more than $80k in total credit from Chase (across all cards).
Over the years I’ve consolidated a bunch of cards and currently have $12X,000 limit on my one open Chase personal card*, plus $8X,000 total on 4 or 5 Chase (sole proprietor) biz cards.

(* A Freedom XXX card, not a premium card, downgraded from a Sapphire XXX a year or 2 ago.)
Old Dec 7, 2022, 9:47 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Explorist
Originally Posted by DVDBob
Over the years my wife has consolidated a few cards and has over $98K credit on one card!
Originally Posted by Dr Jabadski
Over the years I’ve consolidated a bunch of cards and currently have $12X,000 limit on my one open Chase personal card*, plus $8X,000 total on 4 or 5 Chase (sole proprietor) biz cards.

(* A Freedom XXX card, not a premium card, downgraded from a Sapphire XXX a year or 2 ago.)
Interesting. Okay I stand corrected then!
Old Dec 7, 2022, 10:00 pm

Programs: UA LT Gold (BIS), AA LT Plat (CC SUBs & BD), Hilton Dia (CC), Hyatt Glob (BIB), et. al.
Interesting. Okay I stand corrected then!
No worries, we’re all here to share and learn. It should be understood that the “consolidate and never pre-emptively lower” credit limits strategy is basically predicated on the expectation of no instant approvals and (for me) an immediate preemptive phone call offering to reallocate/transfer credit limits. (This is also being discussed right now on the Chase biz application thread.)
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Dec 7, 2022, 10:44 pm

Programs: AA, AS, Marriott
Originally Posted by Dr Jabadski
It should be understood that the “consolidate and never pre-emptively lower” credit limits strategy is basically predicated on the expectation of no instant approvals and (for me) an immediate preemptive phone call offering to reallocate/transfer credit limits.
This was my thought process as well. I had been sitting on a $40,000 limit on one card for nearly 10 years, which I just used to transfer over to the Hyatt card. I'd be content to let the process play out most of the time, but I wanted to start earning with the card immediately.
Old Dec 8, 2022, 10:58 am

I got approved for CSR two days ago with 80k through referral link as public link is 60k now. However, the tracker does not appear on UR. Do I need to call chase to confirm that I did get the 80k SUB?

Thank you
Old Dec 8, 2022, 11:04 am

Personally, I'd give it a few days. I've seen weird stuff (or a lack of stuff) on the Chase website until 1-2 weeks from application approval. Your 80k sub isn't in any danger if you applied through an 80k referral link. Worst case scenario the tracker eventually shows up and only says 60k, then you can call and they'll sort it out.
Keojisu likes this.
Old Dec 8, 2022, 2:31 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by Keojisu
I got approved for CSR two days ago with 80k through referral link as public link is 60k now. However, the tracker does not appear on UR. Do I need to call chase to confirm that I did get the 80k SUB?

Thank you
if you signed up for the 80k then youll get the 80k Sign up even if the 80k offer is expired now
Keojisu likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.