Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Chase Freedom 2019 Q3 Bonus Categories: Gas Stations & Streaming Services

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Chase Freedom 2019 Q3 Bonus Categories: Gas Stations & Streaming Services

Search this Thread

Old Jul 8, 2019, 3:29 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
If the gasoline pump displays a video while I am filling the tank will I receive both the Gasoline -and- Streaming bonuses?

Disclaimer: this is not a serious question.
Old Jul 9, 2019, 9:56 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by mia
If the gasoline pump displays a video while I am filling the tank will I receive both the Gasoline -and- Streaming bonuses?
I believe that many people who type LOL do not actually laugh out loud. I did. Thanks, mia.
Old Jul 9, 2019, 11:17 am

Originally Posted by elcraig
I am an new holder of the Chase Freedom card. For the current period, gasoline purchases are the 5% bonus, excluding warehouse stores. I have seen this same language with my Discover and with Citi Premier accounts, but those two cards still give the bonus, labelling the purchase "gas." Have anyone noticed that the gas station at Sams is treated separately from the warehouse store with Chase Freedom?
I don't know about Sam's. I can confirm that buying gas at Costco does trigger bonus points.
Old Jul 9, 2019, 9:26 pm

Programs: UR and MR
Originally Posted by mia

Disclaimer: this is not a serious question.
newest double dipping method
Old Jul 10, 2019, 12:01 am

Programs: AGR, UA, AA
Every 7 location seems to be different on the GC, but with office stores offering 5X on eBay and Amazon any time, as well as the usual array of fast food and Happy cards, I am less interested and may keep sock drawering the Freedoms.
Old Jul 13, 2019, 9:53 pm

Programs: National EE, Hyatt Discoverist, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Tried to purchase a $500 Amazon gift card today from a 7/11 near my daughter's gym with my CF and was told I had to have cash. Odd because a week prior I bought a $200 GC there using my card. I was told that it's 7/11's policy due to fraud that they no longer sell GC using credit cards. (I think this was rather a store policy)

Anyone had a similar experience? I'm here in Texas and if you happen to know of another gas station that sells gift cards I'd like to here from you. My wife and I each have a CF and I don't think we're going to come close to buying $3K in gas over the next three months!

Thanks,
Old Jul 14, 2019, 3:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 0.9MM, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Hertz PC, SBux Gold, TSA Pre✓
Then why not buying the card directly at Amazon?
Old Jul 14, 2019, 3:37 am

Originally Posted by ToastedSi
Does anyone here really spend 1500 in 3 months worth of gas? Guess you gotta buy some gift cards at the gas stations
Originally Posted by bigshooter
There are a couple of gas stations nearby me that sell $500 VGC. I learned the hard way not to get greedy and do more than one at a time though... I'll be heading to the one closest to me first thing on 7/1
I'm hoping that my nearby gas station still allows for gc purchase with a cc. Never had problems before but after reading this thread seems some aren't allowing it...
Old Jul 14, 2019, 8:23 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by garykung
Then why not buying the card directly at Amazon?
Because it doesn’t earn 5X?
Old Jul 16, 2019, 6:43 am

Location: The place where it gets so hot in the summer some planes can't take off.
Programs: Marriott LT Titanium, WoH Globalist, National EE, United Platinum
Well that ride is over for me. I’ve been out of town most of the month and went home to a debit/cash only policy at the circle k next door

we can’t have anything nice....
Old Aug 29, 2019, 2:51 pm

Just put the Disney+ preview offer on a CF card. Will report back whether it posts as a streaming service. Pending charge shows as DisneyPLUS.
Old Aug 30, 2019, 7:53 pm

Programs: AA, WN, UA, Bonvoy, Hertz
Originally Posted by ElCaminoReal
Just put the Disney+ preview offer on a CF card. Will report back whether it posts as a streaming service. Pending charge shows as DisneyPLUS.
Even though Disney and Chase are partners, D+ is not one of the listed streaming services and likely will not count. There was no need to test it. Hulu will also be selling D+, but it likely won't be available to buy until November launch which is after the Chase quarter ends. Also, Hulu is not offering the buy 2 years, get 1 free promo that is valid this weekend only so it wouldn't be as useful.

The best deal is to use PayPal on D+ with Discover card (5% quarterly bonus category). It might count as streaming on Marvel Synchrony, but there is no official indicating that it will.

Only subscriptions paid for or purchases made with the following select merchants will qualify for this offer: Netflix, Hulu, Sling, Vudu, FuboTV, Apple Music, SiriusXM, Pandora, Spotify.
Old Sep 6, 2019, 6:46 pm

I always struggle when gas stations is the big category. I typically have a job where I work 7 then I'm off 7. My home is 3 hours from my job, so I made the 3 hour commute every 7 days. Even then, I'm not hitting 1500$ at gas stations.

Streaming is also kind of annoying. As someone who has the Chase Ink Cash, I'm already hitting 5% on Netflix and Sirius.

I just checked, and WWE Network isn't qualifying for the 5% on either card.
Old Sep 6, 2019, 6:50 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, UA Silver, Mobile Passport Unobtanium
Originally Posted by Jm192
I always struggle when gas stations is the big category. I typically have a job where I work 7 then I'm off 7. My home is 3 hours from my job, so I made the 3 hour commute every 7 days. Even then, I'm not hitting 1500$ at gas stations.

Streaming is also kind of annoying. As someone who has the Chase Ink Cash, I'm already hitting 5% on Netflix and Sirius.

I just checked, and WWE Network isn't qualifying for the 5% on either card.
To be the man, you've gotta beat the man. Whoooooooooooo!
Old Sep 6, 2019, 7:27 pm

Someone on a Kroger MS thread said that they got Kroger gift cards at the Kroger gas station. I brought one out from the store to the gas station to try and get it activated and struck out twice, first time older surly lady just said no go inside, second time I got the girl to scan it and she said it locked up her register and needed to call her manager to come unlock it with manager code. I left. Both times at the same store in Nashville. Might try one more Kroger gas station twice and then give up. Already have ink cash so this freedom quarter is a bust unless I can get Kroger gc. Can’t get those st office supply stores.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.