Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Will Chase Clawback Money for Room Sold on Roomertravel

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 25, 2019, 11:44 am
Original Poster

I purchased a hotel on a deal rate some time back. Several weeks after the purchase, Chase Travel (Connexions Loyalty) recognized the error but agreed to honor it. We agreed to change my reservation to be non-refundable and I shortly after, received a confirmation. Curiously, the confirmation was from from another agency (Getaroom) with my name as the guest, and the name and credit card number of an employee at Connections Loyalty as the purchaser.

Unexpectedly, I am now not able to use the reservation however, since it is non-refundable, I was thinking to sell it on Roomertravel.

I have used Roomer in the past, however never with a room purchase in someone else's name. Is there any chance that Chase will find out and then charge me back (at the full/true price)?

Any thoughts or experiences?

Thanks.
Old Jan 27, 2019, 3:05 am

Programs: AA, AGR, DL, MR, WoH, UA
Be the data point that you seek.

Chase travel is now run by Expedia. I'm not sure that past experience even qualifies here.
Old Jan 27, 2019, 5:09 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by sechs
Be the data point that you seek.

Chase travel is now run by Expedia. I'm not sure that past experience even qualifies here.
I was hoping not to be a guinea pig, but this is all part of the game. I have spoken with Roomer this afternoon and they said that they do not contact anyone other than the hotel to make the name change, so....I will test the waters and see what happens.

Watch this space!
Old Mar 8, 2019, 11:52 am

Thank you for posting your reservation for sale on Roomer!

would love to learn from your feedback and keep improving the service.

thank you,
gon

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.