Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Chase Marriott Premier PLUS - post your upgrade offers

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 3, 2018, 11:43 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: eknock007
Link for upgrade offers: https://www.chase.com/chasegreatrewards/catchall

Offers reported as of 5/3:
Points are to be received after one purchase. Offer is good to yearend

Offers as of 10/9:
Chase is starting to increase offer to 50k, up from 20k and 10k. Check your in-boxes.
Print Wikipost

Chase Marriott Premier PLUS - post your upgrade offers

Search this Thread

Old May 30, 2018, 12:29 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold, Marriott Lifetime Gold, National Executive Elite
A couple weeks ago, I checked and had no upgrade offer. Today I received an email telling me I have the 20,000 point offer and the website is now updated to show that too. Things change, I guess
Old May 30, 2018, 10:24 pm

Programs: AA plt 2 mm, Marriott LTT, HH dia
Originally Posted by naumank
Not sure if this was already answered. I have the original Marriott Chase Card and I'm due to get 15 elite qualifying nights on Nov 1 this year. If I upgrade to the Chase Marriott Premier PLUS card, will I still get the 15 nights this year? (The description for this new card says the 15 elite nights are coming in 2019.)
The best option for you might be to wait until the free certificate and 15 nights post on your existing card in November, and then upgrade. The upgrade offer should be good for the rest of 2018. If you upgrade before your anniversary for the old card, then you won't get the 15 nights or a free night certificate this year.
Old May 31, 2018, 12:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
I’ve had the Marriott CC since 2011 and use Marriott as my backup program (Hyatt is primary). On 5/23, I received the email with the upgrade offer and it said I will earn 50,000 points after my first purchase by 12/31/18. Haven’t seen anything in the mail or any emails from Chase, though my card is showing as the Premier Plus in ApplePay.

ETA: just received an email advising a new card is in the mail. Chase must be reading FT today

Last edited by FriendlySkies; May 31, 2018 at 12:54 pm
Old Jun 1, 2018, 6:56 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Sixt Platinum, IHG Spire Ambassador, Marriott/SPG Gold .....
Checked several times and no offer .... could be because I had two cards (one normal app the other due to PC) and read somewhere that you can't get the new if you are holding the old card.
As the new annual night benefit makes the free night usable again (after the category creep) I called in and changed one to the premier plus. No problem and he confirmed no bonus.
Today (a day later) I rechecked for an offer on my other card and still nothing (open since 2011)
Old Jun 2, 2018, 8:30 am

I had a 20000 upgrade offer.

Question: Does anyone know if upgrading causes the credit card number to change? Basically, would I have to redo all my auto payments?
Old Jun 2, 2018, 7:09 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Milege+, SkyMiles, AAdvantage, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by kaw753
I had a 20000 upgrade offer.

Question: Does anyone know if upgrading causes the credit card number to change? Basically, would I have to redo all my auto payments?
No. In fact the new card even had the same expiration date and security code.
Old Jun 4, 2018, 12:13 am

Programs: Bonvoy LTT; IHG DiamondAmb; WoH Globalist; UA1K2MM; NationalEE; AvisPC; HertzPC
Originally Posted by eajusa

No. In fact the new card even had the same expiration date and security code.
Are you sure the expiration date and security code will remain the same?
Old Jun 4, 2018, 7:09 pm

They refunded a portion of my old AF on the 31st. No sign of the new AF being charged yet, but I assume they'll get to it before too long.
Old Jun 4, 2018, 10:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Received my Premier Plus card today. The card number is the same, though expiration and CVV have changed. Same metalish feel as the other card.
Old Jun 9, 2018, 8:45 am

Has anyone had trouble with their upgrade points posting? My wife and I both got 20k upgrade offers, and both went ahead and did it. My points haven't shown up at all, and my wife got 10k, rather than the 20k promised.
Old Jun 9, 2018, 2:57 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Milege+, SkyMiles, AAdvantage, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by rbw5t
Has anyone had trouble with their upgrade points posting? My wife and I both got 20k upgrade offers, and both went ahead and did it. My points haven't shown up at all, and my wife got 10k, rather than the 20k promised.
Has your first statement since the upgrade yet closed ? The points show on your statement, then should post a few days later in your MR account.
Also, my 20K offer posted this way 10K for first spend after upgrade and another 10K for first statement closing after upgrade

.MARRIOTT REWARDS® PREMIER PLUS POINTSACCOUNT ACTIVITY
+ 6X Points on Marriott Hotel purchases 0
+ 2X Points on all other purchases 503
+ Bonus on Premier Plus Upgrade 10,000
+ Bonus on Premier Plus Upgrade 10,000
Total points transferred to Marriott 20,503
Old Jun 29, 2018, 4:18 pm

Programs: AA Plat, Marriott Platinum, Hertz Presidential Circle
If I upgrade my card, does that mean my 2 year churning clock starts over? Technically we can't get another sign on bonus for 24 months after our last bonus, I'm just not sure what the upgrade bonus would count as.
Old Jul 2, 2018, 6:36 pm

Programs: Marriott LTT, Amtrak Select, Hertz 5*, AA Gold, IHG Plat, National Exec
Bonus offer has disappeared

A few weeks ago, bonus showed as 20K points. Also received a mailer indicating 20K. I wanted to wait as my anniversary certificate was coming (posted today). Now it says that I have NO upgrade offer available at all. Has anyone else seen this occur? I am LTP, can't use the card for business travel, so the only real benefit for me is the annual cert. Without an upgrade offer, no reason to upgrade and no reason to keep the card. Anyone see anything I am missing here?
Old Jul 2, 2018, 10:21 pm

Programs: UA Million Miler (Gold), Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by LPCJr
Bonus offer has disappeared

A few weeks ago, bonus showed as 20K points. Also received a mailer indicating 20K. I wanted to wait as my anniversary certificate was coming (posted today). Now it says that I have NO upgrade offer available at all. Has anyone else seen this occur? I am LTP, can't use the card for business travel, so the only real benefit for me is the annual cert. Without an upgrade offer, no reason to upgrade and no reason to keep the card. Anyone see anything I am missing here?
My upgrade offer disappeared too. Haven't had time to call and find out what happened. For a lot of reasons I won't go into, now is not a good time for me to cancel the card and lose the amount of credit or to cancel and apply for the new card, so I was leaning toward taking the upgrade.
Old Jul 6, 2018, 4:25 pm

I got the same problem. Received offer of 20000 points. But only received 10000 bonus points. Sent a primate msg to chase to ask why.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.