Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Chase Marriott Premier PLUS 75,000 Point Bonus after $5000

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 3, 2018, 8:20 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jeanie
What's the best current offers?
  • 100,000 Marriott Rewards Points: After $5K spend in 3 months, with $95 annual fee (not waived the first year) Offer ends July 5, 2018
  • Anniversary Free Night Award: Valid for a one night hotel stay at a property with a redemption level up to 35,000 Marriott points.
  • Automatic Silver Elite Status: With your Marriott Rewards Premier Plus Credit Card, you are given automatic Silver Elite Status.
OR:
  • $200 Statement Credit: After first purchase in your first three months from account opening.
  • 2 FREE NIGHT AWARDS (each valued up to 35,000 points): After you spend $3,000 on purchases in your first three months from account opening.
  • Annual Fee Waived first year; then $95 per year.
  • Anniversary Free Night Award: Valid for a one night hotel stay at a property with a redemption level up to 35,000 Marriott points.
  • Automatic Silver Elite Status: With your Marriott Rewards Premier Plus Credit Card, you are given automatic Silver Elite Status.

Offer not available to those who already have the Chase Marriott Rewards credit card, but an upgrade offer may be available to you.
Print Wikipost

Chase Marriott Premier PLUS 75,000 Point Bonus after $5000

Search this Thread

Old Jul 15, 2018, 7:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mdurette
It was always advertised the 100K would end on 7/12.
Personally, around 7pm EST on 7/12 I went to apply and both Chase and Marriott sites were already showing 75K. Wait....it is still the 12th????

I applied anyway via an email link that stated 100K to the 12th and assume I will need to fight it if I end up with the 75K
Exact wording matters!

If something says it's "good through" a certain date, it should be good through the end of that date. But if it says "good to" a certain date, it's only "good through" the previous day! There's a difference between "through" and "to", "through" is inclusive, "to" isn't inclusive.

But if something it "ends on" a certain date, it can end at any time on that date!

Similarly, if something says it "expires on" a certain date, it can expire at any time on that date!

So what exactly did your email say about the 12th???

If you're not going to read the wording very carefully, always assume that something that goes poof on a certain date may have gone poof by the time you wake up on that date.
Old Jul 16, 2018, 5:55 am

This is the email- just states apply by 7/12Spend $5,000 in the first 3 months from account opening* with the Marriott Rewards® Premier Plus Credit Card to earn bonus points.
Old Jul 16, 2018, 4:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Well, you need to keep in mind that Chase uses early evening cutoffs for even more important things. If you pay your Chase card earlier in the day on the due date, everything fine automatically. But if you pay in the last few hours of ET on the due date, you first get a late fee charged (still on due date! ), then you have to wait to get a late fee reversal posted.

https://www.chase.com/personal/credit-cards/login-epay

Given that I'm aware of that, I wouldn't count on something that's due to end on a particular day at Chase to last until the last hour of the evening ET.

Plus, while I can't remember if it's happened with Chase (before your recent post about it), but with several other companies I've seen offers pulled before the previously-announced "last day" to apply for the offer.

Also, technically: Your assumption that it lasts until 11:59 pm assumes the switching of offers is done automatically by computers at a scheduled time. But, actually, IME, at many banks the offers are often pulled / switched / put up manually, meaning it's way more likely to happen during business hours than late at night.

Last edited by sdsearch; Jul 16, 2018 at 4:43 pm
Old Jul 18, 2018, 1:55 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Bonvoy LTTE, HH Dia, HY Expl
Now definitely down to 75k sign-up bonus.

https://creditcards.chase.com/travel...plus?CELL=6TKX

Mod edit: Continue discussion of all Marriott cards in the master forum here: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chas...2016-a-18.html

Last edited by philemer; Oct 3, 2018 at 8:16 pm Reason: add link to master thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.